Is LeBron James Showing His Age In Playoffs?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
If anyone likes MIA tomorrow, LAL made their run with James on the bench in 1Q...that duplicates?..incl their ridiculous 3 point shooting percentage?

Spend less time posting and more time working on your defense. The Crown is coming for you.

Bad times for Raiders, first LeBron wins another Chip, then Biden beats Trump. I expect some serious lashing out from him, he'll praise everything AD does while giving no credit to LeBron, he'll say there should be an asterisk because of the bubble, he'll really step up his troll game

It's turning out great. Brick's teammates are saying that AD is the best player on the team and it's being proven.

kane

EOG master
The two injuries will hurt any chance Miami has, especially Bam.

For as much as they rely on Dragic and Jimmy, Bam is the one guy who's irreplaceable, he's their most important player on both ends of the floor. The Heat only have one chance to compete, they need to shoot a very high percentage from deep, and they need the Lakers to have a letdown when they see the Heat missing their best players, if both of those things don't happen this is a short series

Heim

EOG Master
Dunn really played good....Fezzik saying Dragic is worth one point is nuts. Zero

Bam worth two? Maybe

Heim

EOG Master
There has to be a big drop-off on threes for Lakeshow....they are not that good. Jesus, Green was hitting contested shots

kane

EOG master
Dunn really played good....Fezzik saying Dragic is worth one point is nuts. Zero

Bam worth two? Maybe

You mean Nunn, and yeah that was a silver lining in game one, Nunn was their starter all season with Dragic coming off the bench, but Nunn caught Covid and was late getting to the bubble, and he hasn't been the same player since getting the virus, his shot has been off ever since the bubble games started and he lost his minutes, but he shot the ball well the other day.

Analyst Rips Lakers Star LeBron James for ‘Killing’ Basketball

After some tough ratings were released for Game 1 of the NBA Finals, Jason Whitlock had a simple message for Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James on Thursday: “Can’t be the GOAT if you kill the game.”

Game 1 of the Finals between the Lakers and Miami Heat brought in 7.41 million viewers to ABC, according to The Hollywood Reporter. That’s reportedly the lowest viewership for the Finals since at least 1994.
https://heavy.com/sports/los-angeles-lakers/lebron-james-killing-nba/

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
We all know how game 3's have the tendency to shift momentum whether tied or down 0-2. Miami hung in virtually until the end tonight and their bench did their best to bail out Bam and Goran tonight. However, AD and LeBron cannot be stopped. Nice to see the bench play good as well, especially Rondo in this series, whk moved into 6th all time in postseason assists Both are so on top of their games and Davis is knocking down shots all over the place. Credit to a competitive gut worthy Heat team under Spo but this one closes out in a golden sombrero or 5 at the most.

Last edited:

MrTop

EOG Master
We all know how game 3's have the tendency to shift momentum whether tied or down 0-2. Miami hung in virtually until the end tonight and their bench did their best to bail out Bam and Goran tonight. However, AD and LeBron cannot be stopped. Nice to see the bench play good as well, especially Rondo in this series, whk moved into 6th all time in postseason assists Both are so on top of their games and Davis is knocking down shots all over the place. Credit to a competitive gut worthy Heat team under Spo but this one closes out in a golden sombrero or 5 at the most.

but no fans / travel right ? i don't see anything changing unless someone gets hurt. Lakers in 4.. What is the NBA going to do ...wait till october to start again ? WOW !!!

jimmythegreek

but no fans / travel right ? i don't see anything changing unless someone gets hurt. Lakers in 4.. What is the NBA going to do ...wait till october to start again ? WOW !!!
Silver earlier said he is shooting for the 2021 season to start sometime early next year. No travel nor fans doesn't eliminate the fact that the mentality of a win can steer the confidence and momentum despite being highly unlikely. That's why they play the games.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
It was still one hell of a bet. It's not over yet but for all intensive purposes, like you, I can't see it happening, ecspecially now

I'm actually nervous that this feels too easy now.
It’s a coronation now. I may play some heat 1H in Game 3, should be a good game under also. Heat have no chance allowing 110+, Lakers won’t mind that slower style either since they have the best two players.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I could see them copying the MLB model and teams play teams in their regions instead of playing everyone. Perhaps a 36-40 game season starting in January/February.

jimmythegreek

Silver earlier said he is shooting for the 2021 season to start sometime early next year. No travel nor fans doesn't eliminate the fact that the mentality of a win can steer the confidence and momentum despite being highly unlikely. That's why they play the games.
Once again...just sayin'...

NBA and NHL in a bad spot because of Olympics next summer, provided they happen. Otherwise would make sense to finish out their seasons just before Labor Day. With that limitation and the uncertainty of vaccines, I could see them make the case to have a quasi season with something like a tournament format or some other outside the box idea. As this season shows, if they can't get full arenas or at least close to it, then all that matters to them financially are the playoffs.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
NBA and NHL in a bad spot because of Olympics next summer, provided they happen. Otherwise would make sense to finish out their seasons just before Labor Day. With that limitation and the uncertainty of vaccines, I could see them make the case to have a quasi season with something like a tournament format or some other outside the box idea. As this season shows, if they can't get full arenas or at least close to it, then all that matters to them financially are the playoffs.

In understand the NHL not sending players to South Korea in 2018. But if they fail to send NHL players to China in 2022 it would be the single dumbest move Bettman has ever made. You will never get a better chance to grow the sport in China than by sending NHL players there for the Olympics. ASSUMING all is good with Covid-19. A BIG IFFFFFFFFFF! But IF things are OK the NHL MUST send players to China. The short-term gain is minimal. At best. The long-term gain is massive.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
In understand the NHL not sending players to South Korea in 2018. But if they fail to send NHL players to China in 2022 it would be the single dumbest move Bettman has ever made. You will never get a better chance to grow the sport in China than by sending NHL players there for the Olympics. ASSUMING all is good with Covid-19. A BIG IFFFFFFFFFF! But IF things are OK the NHL MUST send players to China. The short-term gain is minimal. At best. The long-term gain is massive.
Does the NHL really need to sell their sport out to China?

railbird

EOG Master
nba- jews, asians, blacks
ncaabb- whites and blacks
nhl - whites

look for white attendance to drop in all sports except golf.

Does the NHL really need to sell their sport out to China?

First of all next year's Olympics are summer games so we are still aways off from the 2022 Beijing games.

To be honest hockey is just not working in China. The KHL has been trying so hard to get a team to work there and no one shows up and then end up moving the team back out of China. They got a crowd to show up for NHL teams only because they made it out like a novelty event, but not something that grows the market for regular viewing. The NBA works somewhat because they can show highlights of star players and fans react to that. Sort of like how they can get some sports fans to see something Messi or Ronaldo do in soccer and say wow that's great, but then how many full matches do North American fans watch after that? If La Liga was really in demand you wouldn't have to buy a TV service that includes BeIN Sports to watch it. Only thing that really drives EPL and other European leagues in North America is gambling and the interest of expats living here. But since gambling on games is a bit tougher to do in China the sports here just don't really have the interest you would expect there.

Heim

EOG Master
LeBron still hasn't committed a foul or not been fouled on a missed shot in this series.

kane

EOG master
The Lakers will win the series, congrats to them, but the gap between these teams isn't that wide. This is a good, not great, Laker team, they have two superstars and a bunch of decent role players who's games gets elevated due to them playing with LeBron. This series could easily be 2-2 and a toss up, the old saying in the NBA is "it's a make or miss league", the Heat haven't shot as well as they have been, now some of that goes to the Lakers defense, they're a good defensive team, but some of it is Miami just missing makeable shots. The biggest sequence last night came with a little over 2 minutes to play, the Heat have the ball down 2 and Jimmy shoots a wide open baseline three, he misses, LeBron gets the rebound, heads up court and finds KCP open in the corner, he hits the three that gives them a 5 point lead, if Jimmy's three drops and KCP's doesn't, the Heat have the ball up 1 with under 2 minutes to play, of course we'll never know what would have happened, and maybe the Heat doesn't even get the rebound, but something as simple as one player missing an open and shot and another one hitting an open shot is sometimes the difference between winning and losing. I won't use injuries as an excuse since the Heat are a no excuse team, of course I would have liked to have Bam not miss any time and last night he wasn't close to 100%, and of course I'd like to have Dragic in the lineup, but injuries aren't an excuse, the Heat still have enough to compete. There's nothing I've seen from these teams that tells me the Lakers are the far superior team, better yes, much better, no way. But they're up 3-1 and will likely end up winning the series, but like I've posted, there isn't a big difference between these teams.

MrTop

EOG Master
there is some talk on twitter they will give lebron a half ring * since teams played half games cause of flu

kane

EOG master
there is some talk on twitter they will give lebron a half ring * since teams played half games cause of flu

Topper, remember a few months back when I told you if LeBron wins a championship the haters will say there should be an asterisk? I know you'll remember because you said you would give him full credit and not use an asterisk