Is MLB using juiced balls? Yes. Should we care? No

This is been a great year for MLB and I think manfred has done, overall, a great job. Fan attendance way up, TV deals for individual
Teams are huge and tv ratings also way up in
Local markets. Manfred was smart to compliment all that with a little boost to offense and home runs by juicing the balls up just a little bit. It's not like the balls go soaring out of the stadium and it's ridiculous, they touched them up just enough to add a little boost to hitters and home runs and it's gone a long way in making games more entertaining to average fans. Of course the balls are juiced, MLB denying that is absurd but you know what- who cares? It's the same for everyone, it's not like one team has advantage

Add to that that big city teams like the Yankees, Dodgers and Cubs are stacked with young talent and set for the next decade and MLB is in a VERY good place. Always been my favorite sport and is even more now.

railbird

EOG Master
Re: Is MLB using juiced balls? Yes. Should we care? No

Attendance figures are being exaggerated more than ever. The more stars get injured the better for gamblers, the dl is our freind. Because we adjust

railbird

EOG Master

I like wbc better than mlb, fun to watch japan beat usa most the time

Heim

EOG Master

The Royals' 190 homers ranks 20th in the major leagues. Three years ago, the Orioles were the only team in the majors to hit that many.

Valuist

EOG Master

I think there's a possibility MLB may ditch the explosive baseballs that were in use the last year and a half. Maybe they (Manfred & co) thought they could pull the wool over the public's eyes, but everyone knows they did it. MLB then doubled down on their arrogance by lying about it. Maybe things will be the same as 2017 when play starts up in a week; I think there's a possibility it won't be the same.

Heim

EOG Master
Tommy La Stella in 343 plate appearances from 2017 to 2018: six home runs

Tommy La Stella in 79 plate appearances in 2019: seven home runs.

VegasVic

EOG Addicted
The PCL is using the same Rawlings ball, (made in Costa Rica), that MLB is using this year. Last year the PCL used one made in China.

Homeruns are occuring at record pace in the PCL this year.

Case in point:
El Paso has hit 61 in 24 games. Before being sent up to San Diego Ty France had hit 9 in 19 games for El Paso. Prior to this year France had hit 42 career minor league homers in 458 games. Additionaly 414 of those games were played at sub AAA level. The quality of pitching he faced should have been to his advantage.

The guy they dropped down from the Padres to make room for France is a 5’ 9” 190 lb shortstop named Luis Urias. In 467 career minor league games Luis had hit 14 homers. Since his demotion two weeks ago Urias has hit 7 homers in 10 games including 5 in the last two games.

Valuist

EOG Master
More inaction than ever before.

Whatever happened to the triple?

The obsession with pitch velocity has led to the inaction. More strikeouts, more walks, more foul balls, more home runs, less balls in play, and longer games. The game is definitely getting worse.

Abundy

EOG Addicted
I agree Valuist. This is not the game I grew up with. This baseball is very boring. No strategy just wait for a 3 run homer