Is Only Allowing Upper Echelon Sports Books A Good Biz Model Or Not?

I would LOVE to hear feedback on whether allowing ONLY UPPER ECHELON sports books to appear on this site is a good business model...

I have been told by some that it is a NOT, since we are turning away business from other sports books that others places have accepted AD REVENUE from...

Also, there may be some quality sports books not on this site that deserve to be, so I don't want ANYONE to think this is a complete list of the BEST SPORTS BOOKS in this industry because it isn't...

EOG'S model is to LIMIT the NUMBER of sports books, but at the same time, we want to make sure ALL of them are SAFE for you to play at...

I believe we have done this...

Your thoughts?

THE SHRINK

The top books sponsoring here really don't need to be doing it. There rep is solid already. Break out books or ones where you know the backing is good but they are still trying to expand would be good ones to promote but research would be needed to keep the hype from exceeding the reality of their business model and pockets.

I think we should add about 15 more top books

I really believe no one has a better assessment of books than me

You can throw a book at me and I can tell you whether to play there or now, forget about limits and stuff just a good solid book that pays.

tryingtofade

EOG Member
Yo, Banners, Banners, get yer red hot Bannnnners....

On sale now....

Free admission to the side show with every Banner purchased......

Yo, Banners, Banners, get yer red hot Banners.........

:doh1 :doh1 :doh1

Stickie

EOG Senior Member
I have always been a big supporter of having a larger number of books so that the smaller books with strong business models and backing get the extra exposure they may need to expand and become top tier books.

More support for these type of books is needed for sure.

kosar said:
The title of this thread should have been, 'Please stroke me.' :cheeleade Gooooooooo, SHRINK!

A better TITLE would have been..

KOSAR...

:+signs7-1 You always appear to look like this :+silly-2+and you are nothing but a :+signs13- ...While we are at it, :+signs1-6 and and by the way,
:+thought-

kidslick

EOG Dedicated
EOG'S model is to LIMIT the NUMBER of sports books, but at the same time, we want to make sure ALL of them are SAFE for you to play at...

its great to hear you say that
but i also know you are not making the most profits on advertising by having limited books

i think the posters in general want to see only the top notch books here
i know i do..

Cozen

EOG Enthusiast
Shrink,

I'm not sure it's the most profitable business model, but if you keep only the very best books up, over time it could become huge since everyone will love it.

If you put any questionable books up I will not be recommending the sight to my poker buddys and others like I did over the weekend.

Cozen

Cozen,

Thanks!! I appreciate what you just posted and BOY, do I have a NICE SURPRISE headed your way any day now...:D

THE SHRINK

opotus

EOG Veteran
Ari Gold said:
The top books sponsoring here really don't need to be doing it. There rep is solid already. Break out books or ones where you know the backing is good but they are still trying to expand would be good ones to promote but research would be needed to keep the hype from exceeding the reality of their business model and pockets.

I'm probably not qualified since I don't know d*&k about running a business, but I agree with Ari that the top books don't need it.

optus and ari,

While the GOOD BOOKS don't need it, I do believe they enjoy being INCLUDED amongst ONLY UPPER ECHELON sports books...

Not to mention, I hear they are getting some new business from being here, as well...

THE SHRINK

JC

EOG Veteran
Yes, it's a good model.

I think you have too many books already, should have gone with eight like we originally discussed.

Top Books do need advertising also

Why does Coke advertise??

I think you can have at the most 25 here and still the site be considered only advertising to top books but might have to include some Euro books

Not a bad idea Jimbo as gamblers need to know the affiliation between WSEX/MATCHBOOK (same ownership) and OLYMPIC/BETJAMAICA (same ownershop) for example...

THE SHRINK

dogball

EOG Master
Guys- Dont underestimate the power that advertising has including the top books here, they profit enormously from being here. Ken- i hope you have learned from past mistakes, keep it as is and do not rethink your business model for the first year. Live by your word and keep posting plays

dogball,

I am not rethinking the business model behind EOG. It took my partners and I a long time to execute it, and although some sports books aren't happy about not being included, it is the BEST for the PLAYERS...

Now as far as my picks went last week, I wish I could rethink and redo some of the ones I posted..

I don't feel too good about the outcome...

THE SHRINK