Is Talor Battle the most underrated, and unheard of, player in CBB?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
I just got into an argument with my buddy because I said he wasn't. My buddy, who obviously is a PSU grad, is really high on Battle and so am I. I just personally think that there are other players that are more underrated, and unheard of, than Battle.

I'll say this much, PSU is a dangerous team. Cornley and Battle are one of the best inside-outside combo's in ALL of College Basketball.

Battle is REALLY good. When we hired Ed DeChellis I knew PSU would start competing, but I thought it would take 6-8 years. He's in his 5th year, so he's 1 year ahead of schedule.

If you get a chance to watch Talor Battle, do it, he's a great player. I do agree that he's underrated but there are other players around the country that get less recognition.

5 star bomb

EOG Master
Re: Is Talor Battle the most underrated, and unheard of, player in CBB?

nah... Maybe bc I follow BIG TEN closely but I think hes pretty well known. Very good player... Id say Oguchi on Illinois State is pretty underrated. I like his game

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Penn State is a sleeper team this year....if they make the dance, which i think they will, NO ONE will want to play them...they are like Villanova...if they are hot, they can beat most anyone.......they just arent real consistant...but they are a good team..

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

nah... Maybe bc I follow BIG TEN closely but I think hes pretty well known. Very good player... Id say Oguchi on Illinois State is pretty underrated. I like his game

He's not well known in the Big Ten even. You could argue that he's been one of the three best players in conference this year. He's not known by the national media at all, but that's because PSU has been a joke for years.

The most underrated/unheard of player in America is Wesley Mathews. Although many know who he is because of the publicity that Marquette's 3 guards get, most people never mention him at all. James and McNeal get all the major press in Milwaukee and around the country.

Jeremy Hazell has to be up there on the list as well, but he shoots a LOT and that's a turn off to me. He'll be unstoppable by his Senior season, if he stays.

A couple of other players that are really underrated/unknown.

1. Vaden
2. Mills
3. Marcus Thornton
4. Dar Tucker (It's because his team is awful though)
5. Jerome Randle (HE may top my list by years end. He's simply amazing from outside.)

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Vaden is well known.... I think everyone knows about him at IU and leaving and following Coach Mike Davis

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Vaden is well known.... I think everyone knows about him at IU and leaving and following Coach Mike Davis

People who follow CBB closely know him, and I admit he's more known than the other players on the list, but I still wouldn't put him up there nationally.

tripp

EOG Master

Mills was by far the most underrated player in the nation before the zaga game, BY FAR. There is not a PG in the nation I would take over him.

He was set to have a HUGE coming out party that game, but terrible luck with the injury.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Mills was by far the most underrated player in the nation before the zaga game, BY FAR. There is not a PG in the nation I would take over him.

He was set to have a HUGE coming out party that game, but terrible luck with the injury.

Agree, as you can see he's towards the top of my list. I like Mills a lot, but some still dis his game for some reason. He showed, against top tier competition, that he could get it done; at least in the first half.

He's right up there with some others around the nation.

eman

EOG Senior Member

Penn State is a sleeper team this year....if they make the dance, which i think they will, NO ONE will want to play them...they are like Villanova...if they are hot, they can beat most anyone.......they just arent real consistant...but they are a good team..

I hope they do make it in and the road win against Mich State will help the cause...

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

I'd certainly take Jeff Teague over your boy Mills. Putting up numbers in the ACC is much different then that garbage league.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I'd certainly take Jeff Teague over your boy Mills. Putting up numbers in the ACC is much different then that garbage league.

Teague is, ideally, a SG. He's not a true PG and Wake doesn't play him there much anymore either.

Mills is a better PG than Teague. Teague is a better player.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

There's Wake's true PG. Making things happen. Teague is a GREAT player, but he's better playing off the ball.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Deonta Vaughn (Cincy) is most underrated player in country . . . The kid Downey from S Carolina is sick too

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Deonta Vaughn (Cincy) is most underrated player in country . . . The kid Downey from S Carolina is sick too

The guy that is finally getting some pub is McNeal from Marquette.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Deonta Vaughn shoots 38% from the field. He's a great creator, but he's shot the ball like shit this year.

Enfuego, McNeal has improved incredibly since last year. He has been a 30% three point shooter for three years and now he's the best three point shooter in Big East play. He's always been a terrific slasher, and defender, but now he's great from the outside as well. Kid should be a National Player of the Year award contender, but he's not.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Deonta Vaughn shoots 38% from the field. He's a great creator, but he's shot the ball like shit this year.

Enfuego, McNeal has improved incredibly since last year. He has been a 30% three point shooter for three years and now he's the best three point shooter in Big East play. He's always been a terrific slasher, and defender, but now he's great from the outside as well. Kid should be a National Player of the Year award contender, but he's not.

And I'm going to tell you guys about a freshman that will be very, very good. Isaiah Thomas of the Washington Huskies is leading all freshman in the PAC 10 in scoring and 6th overall.

I really like this guy but he's young and has some work to do but a very impressive freshman.