Is there gentlemen's code on these extra innings?

Haven't seen anyone bunt right away to try to get someone to third with one out. Would this be frowned upon by "code" followers?

Guessing only in the bottom of extra innings...why give away an out in the top half?

Yeah should have said that. Was watching the Pirates few nights ago thinking bunt you idiots. If tied and in bottom of the inning seems like bunting is clear +EV unless you got bunch of good hitters coming up. One hitter they pitch around.

railbird

EOG Master
i havent seen an oz of coaching since start up. everyone in corner of dugout with mask on hoping game gets over early

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
If you bunt him over to third your expected runs for that inning drop.

It is better game theory to hit away with a runner on second with no outs.

BCEAGLE1996

EOG Senior Member
Yeah but I don’t think that is the relevant analysis if bottom half and tied. You need to look at probability of getting one run not expected runs for that inning....

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
If I'm the visitors and I have the opportunity not to waste outs I'd rather swing away and try to score as many find as possible. If I'm the home team getting a runner 90 feet closer with last licks might be most ideal to sacrifice. More pressure on the pitcher to not throw a wild pitch or how your defense behind you is forced to set up.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
No

KC did it against Cleveland on Saturday, top 10th

Sac bunt, sac fly

The won 3-2

You’ll see it if a team has a lights out closer vs a team that hasn’t been hitting much through 9 that game

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
No

KC did it against Cleveland on Saturday, top 10th

Sac bunt, sac fly

The won 3-2

You’ll see it if a team has a lights out closer vs a team that hasn’t been hitting much through 9 that game
The Cubs should never do it with their BP.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
The Cubs should never do it with their BP.

Lol

Like everything in baseball, it all comes down to situations, and then you throw in the “gut” and analytical tendencies of each manager.

Are there opportunities for adsvantages In living better close and lower scoring Games in later innings for run lines and overs in live betting?

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
My personal thinking
I usually Not always
oppose bunting and generally
I’d rather bunt with two men on than one man on
Because
If it’s successful you gain Two bases
the name Earl Weaver could be mentioned here

With a man on second, no outs, I'd rather hit away than bunt even if you only need one run. A single wins the game, you can't do that with a bunt. Any ball hit to the right side moves the runner from 2nd to 3rd. A fly ball to right-center, right moves the runner to 3rd.

Man on 1st, I'd bunt but not 2nd base extra inning rule..

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Lol

Like everything in baseball, it all comes down to situations, and then you throw in the “gut” and analytical tendencies of each manager.

Are there opportunities for adsvantages In living better close and lower scoring Games in later innings for run lines and overs in live betting?
I'm sure there are. Some books also offer last 4 inning lines also. Not bad over options for Cubs and Chisox games.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Tommy Pham wasn't bunting. Pods not looking to blow another 5 run lead.

8 isn't enough. Hopefully 9 will be.