It's the school, not the coach

railbird

EOG Master
Reminds me of Dan Monson in basketball, still milking the 1998 'Zag team for a 20-year career.

Last edited by a moderator:

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
USC has some coaching issues..contoversy with AD. Quick coaching decisions will affect SC -4 at BYU game. SC probably the better team but BYU can get passing momentum going and may be better organized coachingwise. Likely a close one. I would buy a point and take SC at -3. SC QB is a freshman and may not be as lucky as he was vs Stanford. SC may run the ball alot to maintain a narrow lead. Admit some guessing here on my part.

svbettor

EOG Veteran
https://bettoriq.com/free-picks-gro...betting-free-pick-usc-trojans-at-byu-cougars/

CFB FREE PICK: USC Trojans at BYU Cougars

#144 BYU +4.5 (Saturday, September 14 @ 3:30 pm EST)

Last week on the BettorIQ Podcast we backed BYU as a road underdog in its 29-26 win at Tennessee. I have zero idea why but am completely fine with oddsmakers pricing the Cougars this low. USC has been impressive in wins over a young Fresno State team and an all-freshmen offensive line and backup quarterback in Stanford. Note however that both games were at home.

USC will face its best defense yet and while the Trojans definitely have superior skill players this will be true freshman quarterback Kedon Slovis’ second game and his first on the highway. USC offensive coordinator Graham Harrell’s high powered offensive approach must deal with the best pass rush and run defense they’ve faced to date as BYU has a top 20 run defensive in rushing efficiency allowed projections.

I don’t have any faith in USC’s pass defense and BYU’s Zach Wilson is a premier passer with a full year of experience. He sports a 65% completion rate and is well protected behind an experienced offensive line and a large group of returning production at wide receiver. I’m not sold the overall talent at USC is currently superior and I’ll gladly take my chances catching +4.5 in a game I made pick ’em with a 19-year-old making his road debut.

I feel BYU can win a shootout or a slugfest and has already played their best opponent in Utah. Take the points and smile about it.

railbird

EOG Master
https://bettoriq.com/free-picks-gro...betting-free-pick-usc-trojans-at-byu-cougars/

CFB FREE PICK: USC Trojans at BYU Cougars

#144 BYU +4.5 (Saturday, September 14 @ 3:30 pm EST)

Last week on the BettorIQ Podcast we backed BYU as a road underdog in its 29-26 win at Tennessee. I have zero idea why but am completely fine with oddsmakers pricing the Cougars this low. USC has been impressive in wins over a young Fresno State team and an all-freshmen offensive line and backup quarterback in Stanford. Note however that both games were at home.

USC will face its best defense yet and while the Trojans definitely have superior skill players this will be true freshman quarterback Kedon Slovis’ second game and his first on the highway. USC offensive coordinator Graham Harrell’s high powered offensive approach must deal with the best pass rush and run defense they’ve faced to date as BYU has a top 20 run defensive in rushing efficiency allowed projections.

I don’t have any faith in USC’s pass defense and BYU’s Zach Wilson is a premier passer with a full year of experience. He sports a 65% completion rate and is well protected behind an experienced offensive line and a large group of returning production at wide receiver. I’m not sold the overall talent at USC is currently superior and I’ll gladly take my chances catching +4.5 in a game I made pick ’em with a 19-year-old making his road debut.

I feel BYU can win a shootout or a slugfest and has already played their best opponent in Utah. Take the points and smile about it.
Byu has been inept offensively, dont trust their staff either