Jameis Winston

kane

EOG master
Don't know where he ends up, but as a Dolphins fan I hope they strongly consider signing him. I know all about his turnovers, I seemingly have Tampa every week and get as frustrated as anyone with his interceptions, but there's no debating the talent is there, and he's only 26 I believe, under the right system and with the right coaching maybe he can be less reckless with the football, I would love to get Tua, but I would also have no problem trading for Winston, providing he doesn't cost a lot, then Miami can turn their attention elsewhere with the fifth pick.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
A change of teams is sometimes a real good thing for both teams. Famous J needs throw them open kind of receivers - guys that can go get the ball.

The best plays between Randy Moss and Culpepper were bombs that were underthrown. DB was busting his tail to keep up and Randy knew where the ball was going to be.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
I woudnt mind if my Bills gave him consideration.

The upside is just so huge with the guy.

Josh Allen will always be limited.

I would take a chance on Winston

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
He should go the Teddy Bridgewater route. Sign with NO, learn from Payton and Brees, maybe get some gametime to show his improvement, and then someone else will want him as their starter the following year.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I would not. Josh Allen is limited but he does not make as many mistakes as Winston and on a team built on defense the last thing they need is a QB making 2-3 turnovers a game. BetOnline has Dolphins -125 to land Winston

kane

EOG master
Why would the Dolphins want him?
We have the QB position taken care of and need other positions filled...

We do? You think Ryan Fitzpatrick is the long term answer at QB? We haven't had the QB position taken care of since #13 was under center. I would take Winston, then use our three first round picks on other areas of need

Upside with athletic talent is only as high as a quarterbacks drive and will to do all of the things necessary to keep getting better. I think JW is too much of a “Ive got this” kind of guy.

kane

EOG master
Here's an interesting thought, what if Jameis was in this year's draft, where do you guys think he would be selected, I don't know if he would go ahead of Burrow or Tua, but I think he would go ahead of the rest, remember he's still only 26, he's got a long career still ahead

Here's an interesting thought, what if Jameis was in this year's draft, where do you guys think he would be selected, I don't know if he would go ahead of Burrow or Tua, but I think he would go ahead of the rest, remember he's still only 26, he's got a long career still ahead

There’s no telling. QB’s go much higher now with the way salary cap structures are set up. There’s also a lot of stupid NFL GM’s and talent evaluators who aren’t qualified to be in their positions.

kane

EOG master
There’s no telling. QB’s go much higher now with the way salary cap structures are set up. There’s also a lot of stupid NFL GM’s and talent evaluators who aren’t qualified to be in their positions.

The thing with Jameis is GM's know what they're getting with him, that's not something any one can say about any QB entering the draft, the feeling is that Burrow will be great, but no one knows for sure, no one known exactly what they're getting when they draft a QB, with Jameis you know exactly the type of QB you're getting. If I were the Dolphins and my choices are taking a QB at 5, let's say Tua although that's not guaranteed, or taking Jameis and drafting another position at 5, I think that's the rout I would take, they could get a stud defnsive player at 5 along with Jameis. I know Tua is the guy they want but there's no gurantee he's there at 5

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
I hope someone gives the guy a shot. He has too much talent not too. What he needs to do is to be happy throwing for 4,000 which is still excellent, but cut down on forcing the ball, and cut his INTs to the mid teens, like they had been. Arians' chuck and duck system was probably the worst thing for him, even though Arians is a QB guru.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
I hope someone gives the guy a shot. He has too much talent not too. What he needs to do is to be happy throwing for 4,000 which is still excellent, but cut down on forcing the ball, and cut his INTs to the mid teens, like they had been. Arians' chuck and duck system was probably the worst thing for him, even though Arians is a QB guru.

He's got talent. But he has 5 years of NFL tape. He probably is what he is.