Jameis Winston

kane

EOG master
I like Jameis, I think he's very talented, and even though I don't see it happening I'd like to see the Dolphins sign him. But he needs to stop turning the ball over so much, period, It doesn't matter how many yards or TD's he throws for, if he's going to lead the league in turnovers, it's a major problem. I don't know why he can't stop throwing picks, obviously he isn't a check down QB, he's taking more chances than the average QB which leads to some ints, but there's no way you can throw 30 picks in a season and be successful, it's impossible. Jameis is an enigma, he could be great if he made better decisions and safer throws, sometimes a check down to a RB isn't such a bad thing, sometimes throwing the ball away isn't a bad thing. Her's where he ranks in terms of ints year by year

2015 tied for 5th
2016 2nd
2017 tied for 16th
2018 tied for 5th
2019 1st

He's on;ly had one season (2017) where interceptions weren't a big problem. From everything I've heard he was well liked by his teammates and not a problem in the locker room, I'm hoping the Dolphins sign him. Also, as most of you guys know, I'm a Cane who despises everything Seminole, so I'm not being a homer in my opinion, I'm just giving my honest thoughts on him.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
But he needs to stop turning the ball over so much, period

Bingo. Turnovers are a killer. And that's what he is. A turnover machine.

It doesn't matter if you are near the top of the league in yards and TD's if you lead the league in turnovers. You can't win games that way. And he hasn't.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Now I am talking about the highest levels here...

The game maybe too fast for him,mentally, I am not so sure it can be over come.

I am not talking about a black or white thing, cause the game is too fast for all but a few.

Say Fitzpatrick. He is as smart as it comes, but throughout his career threw a lot of boneheaded passes.

A lot of Winston's picks, he just simply throws to the wrong team. The ones against Houston and the Atl ot pick come to mind right away

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
7th in EPA

but because he throws some picks when his team is already losing thanks to the Tampa secondary blowing cock, he sucks

According to guy on his couch

Congrats on sounding like the old baseball scouts in Moneyball

That’s funny because I’m in agreement with the analytics movement that’s taken place the last ten years in baseball. I’ve been a data driven baseball guy long before the book Moneyball came around as I become an avid reader of Bill James as a kid.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
That’s funny because I’m in agreement with the analytics movement that’s taken place the last ten years in baseball. I’ve been a data driven baseball guy long before the book Moneyball came around as I become an avid reader of Bill James as a kid.

so why do you spurn it for football?

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
33 TD’s to 30 Int’s

Help out the less informed here and explain to us if that’s an acceptable ratio

some weren’t his fault

some were forced throws down multiple scores

some were bad decisions that will improve with time

and yet despite 30, he was STILL 7th in EPA. And that’s with turnovers being killer. 7th despite them!!

some weren’t his fault

and yet despite 30, he was STILL 7th in EPA. And that’s with turnovers being killer. 7th despite them!!
Now who’s sounding like the old scouts in Moneyball?

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
“It doesn’t matter if you lead the league in touchdowns”

Why did you leave out the most important part of that quote. Yeah. The 30 INTs. That part. If you throw 3 TDs in one game and throw 3 INT's in the same game, you probably aren't going to win many games that way. And we saw proof with the Buccs last season.

Got to hand it to W2W though. At least he's going down with his ship. He's probably one of the last few on it though along with Winston's immediate family members.

kane

EOG master
7th in EPA

but because he throws some picks when his team is already losing thanks to the Tampa secondary blowing cock, he sucks

According to guy on his couch

If you're going to claim that his picks come with the Buccs trailing and obviously need to throw it more, then you also have to say that a lot of his yards and TD's also come because his team is trailing and he's throwing it more

kane

EOG master
[QUOTE="WeinketoWarrick, post: 7577569, member: 25344"]some weren’t his fault

and yet despite 30, he was STILL 7th in EPA. And that’s with turnovers being killer. 7th despite them!![/QUOTE]

Of course some picks aren't his fault, receivers slip, balls tipped at the line, etc. But, did you know he had 21 dropped ints this past year? 21 times a defender could have intercepted him, but dropped the ball, it goes both ways

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Talented players like Winston are coach killers. Everyone thinks they can straighten him out and can’t. Like Sol said - he is what he is. Jay Cutler was just like this.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
What would his stats be like playing for Andy Reid?

What about his fumbles?

Somebody, somewhere is smart enough to break his tds/picks down. On time/accurate/good decision/ receiver talent got it/ play call got it/ pass protection caused it or got it/

Famous has a lot of talent you cannot teach.That being said he would not last the first quarter with Mike Zimmer but Andy Reid could win with him.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

What about his fumbles?

Somebody, somewhere is smart enough to break his tds/picks down. On time/accurate/good decision/ receiver talent got it/ play call got it/ pass protection caused it or got it/

Famous has a lot of talent you cannot teach.That being said he would not last the first quarter with Mike Zimmer but Andy Reid could win with him.
Andy and Payton would be the best Coaches for him. Chiefs have no room, just signed the best XFL QB prospect in Ta'amu to fill up their QB room. NO has a spot and needs a backup gameday QB so Hill can continue to be a swiss army knife.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

What about his fumbles?

If Reid is the best, then Arians is the 2nd best, and he couldn't break Winston's habits. Now I would rather have Winston than Cam Newton or Andy Dalton.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
If Reid is the best, then Arians is the 2nd best, and he couldn't break Winston's habits. Now I would rather have Winston than Cam Newton or Andy Dalton.
Reid is more flexible. Can adjust his system so that even an Alex Smith is adequate, and when he has a more talented QB like McNabb or Mahomes, he can adjust and let them maximize their talents. Arians seems more locked in to his chuck and duck system, no matter the QB. The QB's he's had, Big Ben, Palmer, Luck, Jameis have all played pretty much the same way. Stand in, extend plays with their legs, always look for the big play, get beat up. It'll be interesting to see if/how he adjusts his system for Brady. It's one of the reasons I don't think this is a particularly good fit.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
So barring injury to Brees he basically gets to spend a year on the sidelines taking a back seat until Winston becomes a free agent in '21-22. He has been a starter all of his career and how does this move affect Taysom's status, or does his status remain intact of utility duties?

billysink

EOG Dedicated
When did Winston last line up with an elite ball carrier who brought the 8th defender into the box?

Never appears to be the correct answer.

Put him in Cleveland with The Chubb. Send that Baker kid back to college for 4 more years, learn a different career.