James Harden

choslamshe

EOG Master
Tonight's Nets/76ers game has such a playoff feel to it. Unsurprisingly, we've been treated to a James Harden playoff performance.

When this guy is bad, he is atrocious. No middle ground...

I'm grateful for the reminder as to what we can expect when games matter.

Thank you JH!

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I remember when the Spurs had their stars out and he tanked at home because they were down too much/getting outplayed in the series.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Nobody's taken more advantage of the lax traveling rules in the NBA than James Harden.

I remember Harden's game at Arizona State.

It was tough for Harden to flourish under such a regimented and defensive-minded head coach like Herb Sendek.

But NBA scouts knew of Harden's star potential.

Harden was selected with the third overall pick in the 2009 NBA Draft by the OKC Thunder.

His offensive game really flourished at the NBA level.

The two players selected ahead of Harden in the 2009 NBA Draft?

Blake Griffin and Hasheem Thabeet.

Steph Curry was selected seventh overall in the '09 Draft.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The 2009 NBA Draft saw Ricky Rubio and Jonny Flynn drafted ahead of Steph Curry and DeMar DeRozan.

The T-wolves selected Rubio at #5 and Flynn at #6.

Whoops!

That's why the T-wolves are the T-wolves.

#PerennialLosers.

kane

EOG master
He's a difference maker. I think 76ers win NBA championship this year. I'm seeing 6.5 to 1.
Harden's career playoff numbers are lower than his career regular season numbers in points, rebounds, assists, FG% and 3FG%, Philly isn't winning the Chip, not deep enough and not good enough defensively, just my opinion

kane

EOG master
Harden clearly not the same player he used to be, still good, but no longer great, Maxey the second best player on that team, Morey made a mistake trading Simmons for him, and will make another mistake if he resigns him to a max deal this offseason, I would let him leave and build around Embiid and Maxey

Heim

EOG Master
I think I saw were his total points prop dropped from 25.5 to 22.5 yesterday.

That's huge.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Harden average shooter at best, average on defense, no explosiveness when taking it to the rack.......

He's got a veteran savviness to him and that's about all that he's rocking these days.

I was wrong, thought he still had more in him.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
He didn't cover pts/assists in prev game (32.5) tonight was 31.5

His asst # 9.5 did start off like +115 and end up like - 140 for the Over

Heim

EOG Master
I guess 40 million gets you 14 points and 7 assists in a series...

Inflationary times indeed! Or is that Embiid?

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
Has player option for 47 million next year, eligible for $250 million extenion for 5 years. Imagine him on his final year at 37. Off to the strip club when the extenion signs.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Harden average shooter at best, average on defense, no explosiveness when taking it to the rack.......

He's got a veteran savviness to him and that's about all that he's rocking these days.

I was wrong, thought he still had more in him.

He is definitely out of shape…he needs to commit himself to spending the offseason working his ass off….that’s how he will get paid…just like Cris Paul did…don’t know if he wants to work that hard….

kane

EOG master
Rivers is getting a lot of Heat (no pun intended), but Morey really messed up by trading for Harden, he had a great trade chip in Ben Simmons, I don't know how many teams were interested in him, but whatever packages they were offering must have been better than what they settled for in James Harden, not in good enough shape and plays like he's just there to collect a paycheck, he's got a player option for next season for 47M, I have to think he opts in meaning the Sixers are stuck with him for at least another year, if he's the same player next year as he was this year, the trade is officially a bust for Philly

Heim

EOG Master
lol at Embiid last night saying post game I can't believe we let that guy go?

He wasn't talking about Simmons.