Jeb's Hurricane Relief

What a surprise that Jeb get's Federal Disaster funding for a Florida State of Emergencies while hurricanes are still over the Dominican Republic.

But Katrina Federal response was adequate if you watch Fox news:doh1

Spin Room

Spin Room

Louisiana didn't have federal aid while Katrina was in Florida which was 2 days before it hit. Funding releases occured after it became a dead target the night before.

Sam Odom

EOG Master
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Statement on Federal Emergency Assistance for Louisiana [/font]

The President today declared an emergency exists in the State of Louisiana and ordered Federal aid to supplement state and local response efforts in the parishes located in the path of Hurricane Katrina beginning on August 26, 2005, and continuing.

Sam Odom

Sam Odom

Timeline so YOU WILL KNOW:A chronology of Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath
Last Update: 9/3/2005 9:55:00 PM

A day-by-day look at Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath.

Wednesday, Aug. 24:

- Tropical Depression 12 strengthens into Tropical Storm Katrina over the Central Bahamas; a hurricane warning is issued for the southeastern Florida coast. Thursday, Aug. 25:

- Hurricane Katrina strikes Florida between Hallandale Beach and North Miami Beach as a Category 1 hurricane with 80 mph winds. Friday, Aug. 26:

- Katrina weakens over land to a tropical storm before moving out over the Gulf of Mexico. It grows to a Category 2 hurricane with 100 mph winds, veering north and west toward Mississippi and Louisiana.

- 10,000 National Guard troops are dispatched across the Gulf Coast.

Saturday, Aug. 27:

- Eleven people dead in Florida from hurricane-related causes.

- Katrina becomes a Category 3 storm, with 115 mph winds; a hurricane warning is issued for Louisiana's southeastern coast, including New Orleans and Lake Pontchartrain, and for the northern Gulf coast.

- New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin declares a state of emergency and urges residents in low-lying areas to evacuate.

- Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour declares a state of emergency. A mandatory evacuation is ordered for Hancock County.

- Coastal Gulf residents jam freeways and gas stations as they rush to evacuate. Sunday, Aug. 28:

- Katrina grows into a Category 5 storm with 160 mph winds and heads for the northern Gulf coast.

- Nagin orders a mandatory evacuation for New Orleans. But 10 shelters are also set up, including the Superdome, for those unable to leave.

- Evacuation orders are posted all along the Mississippi coast.

- Alabama Gov. Bob Riley declares a state of emergency.

Monday, Aug. 29:

- Katrina, a Category 4 hurricane with 145 mph winds, makes landfall near Buras, La., at 6:10 a.m. CDT (7:10 a.m. EDT).

- President Bush makes emergency disaster declarations for Louisiana and Mississippi, freeing up federal funds.

NOTICE WHEN BUSH FREED UP THE FUNDS. NOT THE NIGHT BEFORE AS I THOUGHT BUT THE DAY IT WAS HITTING.
Learn something new about the Bush response everyday but Jeb's good to go when a hurricane is a thousand miles away. Then you have those extra funds that went to funerals and other non-related hurricane victims last year in Florida when they had excess fed money from all $$$$ the brothers were passing back and forth that someone else can balance out after '08.:nono .

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Ari Gold said:
Timeline so YOU WILL KNOW:A chronology of Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath

Where did you get this 'timeline'?

If I post a national USA newspaper article stating as a fact "The President today declared an emergency exists in the State of Louisiana and ordered Federal aid to supplement state and local response efforts in the parishes located in the path of Hurricane Katrina beginning on August 26, 2005, and continuing."

Would you believe it?

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
Heaven forbid we have a Governor who actually plans ahead and doesnt go by an "every man for himself" policy...that Blanco bitch could learn a thing or two from my fat-faced Governor...:+thumbs-2

Sam

Sam

I never stated Blanco was a Republican. I could care less who the administration was blaming.

The only thing I believed "originally" was that you didn't vote for Bush.

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Ari Gold said:
I never stated Blanco was a Republican.

Ok, maybe it was X. But let us stay on track, sorry.

You still think dubya did not issue Fed Em Relief before the cane hit?

You guys see Jeb deliver his speech in fluent Spanish? Eould have loved to see GW try that one ... even with the teleprompter.

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Glaken, remember when W went to Mexico to visit Fox in 2000? Anyways, I saw a spanish language TV station do an interview w/Dubya. He spoke in spanish and believe it or not his speech pattern was fluid and intelligible:wow1

Sam Odom said:
Glaken, remember when W went to Mexico to visit Fox in 2000? Anyways, I saw a spanish language TV station do an interview w/Dubya. He spoke in spanish and believe it or not his speech pattern was fluid and intelligible:wow1

Who'd a thunk it :doh1

Sam Odom

EOG Master
A day-by-day look at Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath.

Wednesday, Aug. 24:

- Tropical Depression 12 strengthens into Tropical Storm Katrina over the Central Bahamas; a hurricane warning is issued for the southeastern Florida coast. Thursday, Aug. 25:

- Hurricane Katrina strikes Florida between Hallandale Beach and North Miami Beach as a Category 1 hurricane with 80 mph winds. Friday, Aug. 26:

- Katrina weakens over land to a tropical storm before moving out over the Gulf of Mexico. It grows to a Category 2 hurricane with 100 mph winds, veering north and west toward Mississippi and Louisiana.

- 10,000 National Guard troops are dispatched across the Gulf Coast.

Saturday, Aug. 27:

- President Bush declared a state of emergency in Louisiana

- Eleven people dead in Florida from hurricane-related causes.

- Katrina becomes a Category 3 storm, with 115 mph winds; a hurricane warning is issued for Louisiana's southeastern coast, including New Orleans and Lake Pontchartrain, and for the northern Gulf coast.

- New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin declares a state of emergency and urges residents in low-lying areas to evacuate.

- Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour declares a state of emergency. A mandatory evacuation is ordered for Hancock County.

- Coastal Gulf residents jam freeways and gas stations as they rush to evacuate. Sunday, Aug. 28:

- Katrina grows into a Category 5 storm with 160 mph winds and heads for the northern Gulf coast.

- Nagin orders a mandatory evacuation for New Orleans. But 10 shelters are also set up, including the Superdome, for those unable to leave.

- Evacuation orders are posted all along the Mississippi coast.

- Alabama Gov. Bob Riley declares a state of emergency.

Monday, Aug. 29:

- Katrina, a Category 4 hurricane with 145 mph winds, makes landfall near Buras, La., at 6:10 a.m. CDT (7:10 a.m. EDT).

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/12494800.htm

Posted on Sat, Aug. 27, 2005

Bush declares emergency in Louisiana
Associated Press

CRAWFORD, Texas - President Bush declared a state of emergency in Louisiana on Saturday because of the approach of Hurricane Katrina and his spokesman urged residents along the coast to heed authorities' advice to evacuate.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Sam, you should have continued that George W timeline. Sept. 12, 2005- President George W Bush finally sets foot in New Orleans proper! Thanks for the visit, now we can sleep easy Mr. President.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Sam Odom said:
ZZ, it isnt my timeline, I was correcting Ari Gold's timeline w/ a few facts.:+thumbs-2
Facts are a curious/spurious thing Sam! Kind of like history being written by the winners of their respective wars and periods of power.

Sam Odom said:
ZZ, it isnt my timeline, I was correcting Ari Gold's timeline w/ a few facts.:+thumbs-2

They weren't my facts. I didn't sit there and make up a timeline. It came from an in the teeth of the storm New Orleans Tv station and not a Jeb Bush based newspaper a thousand miles away.

Facts from the RNC spin room are always believable as you not voting for Bush:+clueless :+signs9-1

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Ari Gold said:
not a Jeb Bush based newspaper a thousand miles away.

Facts from the RNC spin room are always believable as you not voting for Bush

Ari Gold,

Prime example of why you lefties earn & deserve the adjective "Wacky." As in the "Wacky Left." The article is an A.P. release ran in the Miami Herald and other major news outlets. The fact is just that, a fact, "President Bush declared a state of emergency in Louisiana on Saturday" before the 'cane hit land. It (this fact) does not fit well into your wacky agenda so you refuse to accept it. Sad:+signs9-1

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Sam Odom said:
If I post a national USA newspaper article stating as a fact "The President declared an emergency exists in the State of Louisiana...

Would you believe it?

I guess you won't:+signs11-

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Sam Odom said:
Ari Gold,

Prime example of why you lefties earn & deserve the adjective "Wacky." As in the "Wacky Left." The article is an A.P. release ran in the Miami Herald and other major news outlets. The fact is just that, a fact, "President Bush declared a state of emergency in Louisiana on Saturday" before the 'cane hit land. It (this fact) does not fit well into your wacky agenda so you refuse to accept it. Sad:+signs9-1
Whatever way you try spinning George W's horrible response to Katrina, I mean we all know George was running around VFW or legions in San Diego while thirsty hurricane survivors huddled in the SuperDome and NO Convention Center even after he resumed his vacation back in Crawford and Karl Rove finally convinced him to end his vacation one or two days earlier. And then was seen to be the buffoon he really is as Air Force 1 flew over flood- ravaged South. So let's not go crazy with W/Karl's state of emergency announcement.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
My point being that George w and the feds and the locals were pitifully inadequate in their preparation and response to this natural disaster- your saying the president declared the area a national disaster emergency zone was meaningless is what I am saying ! Your defending this President through thick and thin is admirable. All I am saying is you trying to spin the President into an adequate response in NO is not going to work. Hopefully, and it looks likely, everyone has learned many lessons from Katrina that are being put into practical use for Rita!

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Not going to beat a dead horse, Ari was just wrong on the timeline and to full of himself to admit it.

ZZ CREAM said:
Hopefully, and it looks likely, everyone has learned many lessons from Katrina that are being put into practical use for Rita!

Talk about spin. The truth is, N.O. (local/state leaders) didn't learn anything (or care) from other state's past hurricane response. Hell, everyone in N.O. knew they lived in the bottom of a bowl, yet acted suprised when N.O. flooded.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Sam Odom said:
Not going to beat a dead horse, Ari was just wrong on the timeline and to full of himself to admit it.

Talk about spin. The truth is, N.O. (local/state leaders) didn't learn anything (or care) from other state's past hurricane response. Hell, everyone in N.O. knew they lived in the bottom of a bowl, yet acted suprised when N.O. flooded.
That's why it is 'The Big Easy!