Jerry Tarkanian admitted to the ICU at Valley Hospital

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The 84-year-old, best known for his days as the head basketball coach of the UNLV Runnin' Rebels, is clinging to life at this moment.

railbird

EOG Master
Re: Jerry Tarkanian admitted to the ICU at Valley Hospital

Ive been a huge fan for a long time, since his longbeach st days, my older brother took me to the ''gold mine" as an 8 yr old.

railbird

EOG Master

He lived 3 doors down from my girl friend in Huntington Harbor

railbird

EOG Master

My favorite Tark team was the 87 Rebels with Fearless Freddie Banks, Arman Hammer Gilliam, Jarvis Basnight, Geraldo Paddio, Mark assist on the Wade.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

My favorite Tark team was the 87 Rebels with Fearless Freddie Banks, Arman Hammer Gilliam, Jarvis Basnight, Geraldo Paddio, Mark assist on the Wade.

You and Baskets made plenty of dough scalping those tickets in the parking lot.....

938four

EOG Dedicated

87 team was great team but lost to iu in final 4

i like tark in cameo movie appearances

railbird

EOG Master

baskets credit score is lower than whale shit.

carolinakid

Banned

i made a lot of cash off his teams back in the day, you could almost tell when the games was fixied

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

When I read the first 3 words of the title of this thread- "Jerry Tarkanian admitted" I was thinking something completely different.

blueline

EOG Master

I read it was an infection they could not determine the source of and low blood pressure

you can only go to the well so many times using the drug to increase blood pressure and if you can't source the infection it rolls around the body attacking organs

railbird

EOG Master

I started going to Vegas as an 18 yr old because of Jerry Tarkanian. I stopped going to Vegas because of Steve Wynn

munson15

I want winners...

Love all the comments in this thread...I loved Tarkanian because he wouldn't play ball with the even more corrupt NCAA...thumbing his nose at them and staying one step ahead of the rules enforcers for the most part...God bless him he was fun and his teams were a joy to watch.:cheers

munson15

I want winners...

On a lighter note, I always thought he and the actor Jackie Coogan (Uncle Fester) must have been separated at birth.:lol

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Here's my all-time favorite line from Jerry Tarkanian about NCAA investigators who dogged Tark his entire coaching career and played favorites with teams like UCLA and Kentucky:

"The NCAA was mad at Kentucky and punished Cleveland State."