Jeter said the Marlins will be better

Dell Dude

EOG Master
It's so stupid to hire former players as coach, President or GM. No correlation to be being a great player and having a fucking clue. These assholes should go to the minors and work their way up. Of course that won't happen. Straight to the top. Danny Ainge is the exception. Curiously, he happens to be white. Larry Legend also had success in the front office. White. Kevin McHale hasn't done shit. Joey D is the only mobile I can think of who made it and that's only if you forget the 2nd half.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
And just like that, Magic says bye bye. I'm too old and too mobile for this shit. Anybody doubt that he doesn't really run his businesses now? All run by white men. They just slap his stupid name to it.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
How are they looking with Chen's contract. They gave him 80 million for 5 years in 2016. He's making 28% of their payroll. Relegated to the bullpen, he gave up 10 runs the other night.

MrTop

EOG Master
Jeter traded Christian Yelich for Lewis Brinson, LOL #JeterShitShow

yelich is turning into one of the best. One weakness is his arm. The ratings are low. According to the fielding bible you need 3 years to judge a player. I don't know if it is strength or accuracy

kane

EOG master
yelich is turning into one of the best. One weakness is his arm. The ratings are low. According to the fielding bible you need 3 years to judge a player. I don't know if it is strength or accuracy

Right now he might be the best player in the NL

kane

EOG master
Think of that outfield they had: Yelich, Stanton and Marcell Ozuna. And look at their hitting now.

Dee Gordon at second and JT Realmuto behind the plate as well, if they had kept that team together and added a couple of starting pitchers, they could have easily contended for a playoff spot. Trading Stanton I can understand given his enormous salary, but Yelich, Ozuna, and Realmuto were on team friendly contracts, this team is so bad it's almost criminal what Jeter did. #JeterShitShow

MrTop

EOG Master
the marlins were about 1-2 years away from playoffs. Instead a season ticket holder got a ticket or suite raise. LOL

kane

EOG master
Christian Yelich was traded for Lewis Brinson. This year Yelich has 13 Home Runs, Brinson has 12 hits #JeterShitShow

Heim

EOG Master
I see a light at the end of the tunnel......their pitching is good. Smith was literally unhittable yesterday and
their pen is above average until Romo blows up.

kane

EOG master
I see a light at the end of the tunnel......their pitching is good. Smith was literally unhittable yesterday and
their pen is above average until Romo blows up.

They have some decent arms, but their offense is probably the worst in the majors, and their farm system isn't great either, that light you see is still far away

kane

EOG master
Jorge Guzman is one of the prospects the Marlins got back in the Stanton trade, he's made 26 minor league starts and has one win #JeterShitShow

kane

EOG master
The Marlins have sent Lewis Brinson and his .197 BA to the minors. Yelich for Brinson, LMAO #JeterShitShow

sunnyisle

EOG Dedicated
kane, seen this movie before..all about sucking out as much money as they can quickly...........salary and player dump......

MrTop

EOG Master
3-7 last 10 games & worst record in MLB. Jeter thinks everyone won't notice cause the retired fans are busy playing shuffle board & drinking orange juice all day down in Fla.

He had a team on the rise but jeter had to dump salary cause he is spending money on kid and wife that shops at niemans & saks.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
The Marlins team leader in HR's has 5
The Marlins team leader in RBI has 11

Derek Dietrich of the Reds has 9 HR's and 22 RBI

Dietrich was released before the season #JeterShitShow

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Obvious flat spot for the Cubs Monday, I couldn’t play the Marlins though.

That was a heck of a DP that Castro started last night.

kane

EOG master
The Marlins are on pace to have a negative run differential of -360, that would be the worst run differential in baseball since the St Louis Browns of 1890 #JeterShitShow

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Interesting note on the Marlins: When they are stuck by a run or two in the late innings of a game, manager Don Mattingly will use his best relievers to give his team a chance to rally.

Most MLB managers use their best set-up man and top closer in the eighth and ninth innings when leading by a run.

But the sorry Marlins are rarely in that position so Mattingly (or more likely a shrewd sabermatrician on the Miami staff) has adopted this clever strategy.