John Kelly's article should be taken down

snoogans

EOG Enthusiast
What is wrong with this idiot. Guy should shut his trap. Talking shit about Chris Henry when he has no frame of reference. Looks very bad for eog to have this kind of garbage on the main page. Just disgusted by Kelly's lack of competence and consideration.:finger004

Re: John Kelly's article should be taken down

I'm sure his friend in Vegas lived a perfect life without mistakes as well as Henry did
:+clueless

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

People act like Henry killed someone. Henry committed a bunch of petty crimes that he didn't even receive jail time for. Do you understand how many crimes I could have been charged with as a kid? I know plenty of people with DUI's. A buddy of mine had a chick file a false police report on him for sexual assault. Everyone has made mistakes, everyone has some skeletons, and it appeared if you watched Hard Knocks that Henry was turning it around.

Henry should die because he was a guy, who appeared to be turning it around, and had committed small crimes in the past?

I don't happen to agree with JK regarding the Henry story, but I don't think that is sufficient reason to censor JK's post.

munson15

I want winners...

It's a blog, by definition that implies that opinions will be expressed. Agree or disagree, the man is entitled to his opinion, and he made some good points. The use of the word tragedy is highly subjective these days, and John did show sympathy for the deceased's children.

JK is 100,000% DEAD N RIGHT

Henry is a THUG. hate to say he got what he deserved but i, too, can't shed any tears of sympathy for him and this is no shock. only really shock is he lived this long and something like this didn't happen sooner. Henry is simply Pac Man with a better PR Agent.

Mammon

EOG Master

More likely the chick killed him than suicide.

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

His articles are awful every week. I can't believe he is getting paid to write that crap. My 1st grader can write that stuff. The all black NBA team is better than the all white NBA team. That took a bunch of thought. I stopped reading it.

His articles are awful every week. I can't believe he is getting paid to write that crap. My 1st grader can write that stuff. The all black NBA team is better than the all white NBA team. That took a bunch of thought. I stopped reading it.
:LMAO

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

i lost my drivers licence in 89 had to do everything over and i payed a guy 50.00 to take the 6 hour course , and it worked :+waving-5

driver8

EOG Addicted

He seems awfully judgmental of a guy he didn't know.2938u4ji23

Heim

EOG Master

I think Kelly was just saying that the odds of this happening to Henry
was greater than the average person walking the street...

Kelly has a gambler's mind set.....he pointed out the more likely expectation, that's all...

OSU COWBOYS

EOG Dedicated

It's obvious that reading comprehension was not taught in all schools.

munson15

I want winners...

I got all "A's" in Reading when I was being schooled.:LMAO

I am just trying to find where JK said Henry deserved what he got. I still cant find it. :+clueless

Travis - we both know it is impossible to have an intelligent conversation with about 99% of all people here and the replies here just confirm that

Nep Dynasty

EOG Enthusiast

JK is 100,000% DEAD N RIGHT

Henry is a THUG. hate to say he got what he deserved but i, too, can't shed any tears of sympathy for him and this is no sr.ock. only really shock is he lived this long and something like this didn't happen sooner. Henry is simply Pac Man with a better PR Agent.

This coming from someone who has admitted to beating his own sister. Anybody else see the irony in this? Should people go around saying you deserve to die? Surely nothing Henry did was as bad as beating his own sister.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Just his opinion. Not really necessary or appropriate I feel. It isn't worse then anything Shrink ever "wrote" himself.

Nep Dynasty

EOG Enthusiast

Funny that ad admitted sister beater has no room to forgive Henry who was by all accounts trying to turn his life around and doing so successful and has actually said he has no sympathy and believes he got what was coming. Hypocrisy at its finest.

munson15

I want winners...

I am just trying to find where JK said Henry deserved what he got. I still cant find it. :+clueless
I was just trying to bring a bit of levity to the thread since a few people seem really steamed. I hear you, though.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I'm a big fan of Mr. Kelly's blog but I didn't like what he said about Henry. He's allowed to his opinion but I'm also allowed to mine.

--------------

THE NAKED TRUTH.....Last week's death of Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry was not a tragedy. The 26-year-old Louisiana native created his own set of problems. The much-troubled Henry had been involved in countless law-breaking activities including arrests for driving under the influence, marijuana possession, assault and criminal damage.

-- Very slanted. It's almost like he's justifying his death because he had a DUI and punched someone. Sure, Henry wasn't a good person but that doesn't mean his death wasn't a tragedy.

Unfortunately, the sympathetic media failed to report the Henry story accurately. Unwitting sports fans were told the NFL lost a player who was on the verge of redemption. Columnist William Rhoden of The New York Times quoted Devery Henderson of the New Orleans Saints as saying, "It seemed like he (Henry) was getting everything on track and trying to do good."

-- Yes, they media was sympathetic...because he's dead now! He no longer exists. So why would they report negative things about a dead person? Because he smoked some weed and had a DUI? Come on now.

You've done a great job (other than this piece) Mr. Kelly. I just disagree with you on this one.

:cheers

there is only one way to interpret that reading, and if you agree with it your just an idiot.

You don't know these people, all you see is 1% of their lives on TV.

Just flat ignorance,

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated

Nothing gets taken down - in the archives.

Check out Pantload's racist waste as an example.

There are two sides to every story..91023i2ndw;l

WESTWEGO, La. -- Chris Henry's fiancee wept as she spoke about the Cincinnati Bengals receiver at his funeral Tuesday, and she said while she may have helped steer him out of trouble, he changed her life.

Henry, 26, was killed after he fell out of a pickup truck bed being driven by his fiance Loleini Tonga during what police described as a domestic dispute. Police are investigating, but no charges have been filed.

"Can't nobody feel what I'm feeling right now. ... We loved each other very much. People say I helped change his life. No. He changed mine," said Tonga, wearing sunglasses and pausing between sentences. "We were supposed to get married in three months, but I'm going to wait until I see him again."

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and Henry's teammates were among the hundreds who packed the New Orleans Hornets practice facility for the funeral. The Bengals wore round lapels with Henry's No. 15. Many others wore red ribbons with a small photo of Henry that read: "In loving memory" and "Chris 'Slim' Henry."

Goodell said everyone makes mistakes.

"His future as a husband and a father were important to him," Goodell said. "He was a young man that struggled, made some decisions that he regretted, but he put himself on the right path. And I'm proud of that. I'm proud of him."

Cincinnati quarterback Carson Palmer and head coach Marvin Lewis were expected to deliver eulogies. Lewis said before the service that Henry touched a lot of people in his very short life.

"It's a bright story and one that didn't get to get all the way to the end of it which is the most unfortunate part," the coach said. "We'll miss Chris' sparkling smile."

Henry grew up in the small, suburban community of Belle Chasse. Shane Shelley, 26, was Henry's high school QB when they made it to the state title game in 2001, their senior year.

"It's a sad day for Belle Chasse. We really lost a good friend, a brother, one of my best friends," said a watery-eyed Shelley. "It's hard. We lost one of us. We're going to miss him. We love him."

Henry died Thursday, a day after he fell out of the truck in North Carolina, where he had been recovering from a broken forearm that ended his season. Police said Henry and his fiancee got into an argument at the Tonga family home and she drove away on a curvy residential street near downtown Charlotte. Henry jumped into the truck's bed.

A witness has said he heard Henry say, "If you take off, I'm going to jump off the truck and kill myself." A 911 caller told a dispatcher she saw a shirtless man wearing a cast "beating on the back of this truck window."

Police said Tonga stopped to assist Henry when he fell about a half-mile from the home.

Tonga was flanked by family at the visitation and received hugs by those filing by Henry's open casket. Tonga and Henry had been raising three kids.

Henry's football career had been marred by off-the-field problems, beginning when played college ball at West Virginia. His troubles continued during a five-year NFL career. He was suspended five times for arrests ranging from weapons charges to drugs.

The Bengals said Henry had turned his life around this season and showed a renewed focus on his football career. A thigh injury slowed him early in the season, but he had 12 catches for 236 yards. His 19.7-yard average per catch led the team before he broke his left forearm during a win last month over Baltimore.

Henry dreamed of playing in the NFL, but after he was ejected from a game and suspended for another at West Virginia, the Bengals were the only team to bring him in for a pre-draft visit in 2005.

Selected in the third round, Henry played a vital role as a speedy, deep threat as Cincinnati reached the playoffs in his rookie season. But in the final month of the season he was arrested for marijuana possession.

"The Chris Henry I knew was a good quiet young man, wasn't a troublemaker," said Shelley, his high school friend. "That's what everybody needs to know. He was a good man, a good father."