EOG Master
He's 52, the boy is 4 years old.

Been going on for two years.

Let's see him save this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
My fifth-grade teacher, Gerald Sveda, is serving a 45-year sentence for sex with a minor.

#SickFuck

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
One of Sveda's tricks was to buddy up with the gym teacher to have access to the boy's locker room.

I still remember thinking to myself: Why is Mr. Sveda in the locker room?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Never got to me but his habits, according to court documents dated back to 1972.

The sick guy kept a pedophile log.

I attended fifth grade in 1974.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
If guilty he absolutely deserves to be punished big time
But
I need a lot more proof before I judge him guilty.
A couple of things I noticed
The 25,000 bond seems extremely low (!!)
For what they are indicting him for
Why is it so low ?
And
According to the articles he was accused of an assault ( of some sort )
By a 4 year old after the fact
I’m certainly not saying it didn’t happen but it is an
Unusual set of circumstances
Too often young children are led and misled
Into false accusations by overzealous prosecutors
- the McMartin case was one of many examples

Heim

EOG Master
I agree with Bomzee....the evidence is not only sketchy but started in 2004 which is a huge problem for the DA. Unfortunately for Wetteland a molestation charge never leaves you.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Unfortunately Prosecutors motivations are not always about justice.
Just based on the way it's been reported and without knowing the entirety of the case
I am currently extremely skeptical of this charge.Absolutely If I am totally wrong and also proven wrong then he deserves to be punished. As Heim correctly points out he is being accused by I assume an 18 or 19 year old of crimes that occurred 14 to 14 1/2 years ago to a four year old which is a tough sell - again I ask why the very low - 25,000 bond-? No matter if Wetteland is guilty or completely innocent or found not guilty
his name is forever tarnished.
Ex-Yankees Mel Hall and Chad Curtis are currently serving time for reprehensible sexual assault crimes.

I agree with Bomzee....the evidence is not only sketchy but started in 2004 which is a huge problem for the DA. Unfortunately for Wetteland a molestation charge never leaves you.

Agreed-Bomzee makes some good points in this thread.

Johnny Knuckles

EOG Veteran
I know John Wetteland pitched for one of my favourite teams, the Montreal Expos. Yet I also know society tends to place athletes on pedestals, when they are people who can have their own private demons.

I dont know what happened with this story. Only thing I can say with definity, is if I was involved in a smiliar incident and knew I was 100% innocent, I'd be speaking out continuously in public the moment my name was slandered. Staying silent doesnt help him, as far as the court of public opinion.