JTG WEDNESDAY NBA BEST

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Orlando/Philadelphia over 196:
While the Magic haven't looked like a postseason team over their last 9 games (4-5 .444), they still are averaging about 100 ppg during that time frame and all season long. At 33-20 they sit in the 5th spot coming off an impressive 16 point win at home last night against the Clippers. Dwight Howard had 22 points and 20 rebounds, and coach Stan Van Gundy was pleased with the way his team finished after a sluggish first three quarters. Van Gundy's team now tries to notch back-to-back victories for the first time since winning three in a row Jan. 19-22. This stretch started with a 99-98 overtime win over Philadelphia. The 76ers (24-27) are also playing the second game of a back-to-back, but they should be a bit more rested after sitting most of their starters down the stretch in Tuesday's easy 117-83 win in Atlanta. Philadelphia, seventh in the East, made quick work of the Hawks, jumping out to a 20-point lead in the first quarter and a 65-33 advantage at halftime. Louis Williams led all scorers with 20 points, while Elton Brand, who didn't play at all in the fourth quarter, added 17 for the Sixers, winners of seven of nine. Philadelphia's offense has spurred this turnaround, averaging 105.3 points in the last eight games - 7.0 better than its season average.

San Antonio -7 over Toronto:
Despite holding three of the first four teams they've faced on their nine-game road trip to fewer than 100 points, the San Antonio Spurs don't believe they are as good as they need to be defensively. The NBA-best Spurs (43-8) will look for a more complete defensive effort and try to avoid a third straight road loss to the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday night. After opening its trip with a 13-point loss at Portland on Feb. 1, San Antonio has won three in a row, including a 100-89 victory at Detroit on Tuesday. Despite Popovich's claims, his team has put up some impressive numbers early in the trip, holding opponents to an average of 94 points the last four games and 43.1 percent shooting the past three. The Spurs limited the Pistons to 15 third-quarter points Tuesday. After snapping a 13-game losing streak Friday with a 111-100 win over Minnesota, Toronto shot 36 percent and was held to 36 points in the second half against the Bucks. Andrea Bargnani scored 23 points and DeMar DeRozan added 18, but the Raptors missed all 10 of their 3-pointers. If there has been a bright side to the season of struggles the Raptors have gone through, it's been the development of young big men Amir Johnson and Ed Davis. There hasn't been much for Raptors fans to get excited about this season. The emergence of the two young big would be near the top of the list. Take the more experienced successful veteran team once again to roll by double digits on the road.

Dallas/Sacramento over 196:
The Dallas Mavericks knew they were going to be in for a fight in their last game. They also faced plenty of resistance in their previous matchup with the Sacramento Kings. Dallas tries to post its second double-digit winning streak of the season Wednesday night when it opens a three-game trip against a Kings team continuing a brutal stretch at Arco Arena. The Mavericks (36-15) barely extended their win streak - and Cleveland's record skid to 25 games - with a 99-96 victory Monday night. Dallas survived a missed 3-pointer by Anthony Parker and botched play in the final seconds to overcome being held under 100 points for the first time in eight games. Dallas, one-half game ahead of the Los Angeles Lakers for second in the Western Conference, will try to win 10 straight for the second time this season. The Mavericks' 12-game run from Nov. 20-Dec. 11 included a 105-103 victory at Sacramento on Dec. 4. Clearly with Dirk Nowitzki back making his 10th straight All-Star appearance, Dallas has found it's offense once again averaging nearly 99 ppg this season. While the Mavericks try to win their fifth straight on the road, newcomer Peja Stojakovic will be making a homecoming of sorts on Wednesday. The veteran sharpshooter, who had eight points and five rebounds Monday in his Mavericks debut, played for Sacramento from 1998-2006 and is the franchise's all-time leader with 1,070 3-pointers and sixth in points (9,498).

Kings coach Paul Westphal probably wouldn't mind if Nowitzki took the night off. Westphal's team enters this game with a 1-3 record on a six-game homestand that has included matchups with New Orleans, Boston, San Antonio and Utah, and concludes Saturday against Northwest Division-leading Oklahoma City. Despite facing some of the league's best clubs, the Kings (12-36) have been competitive during this stretch, defeating the Hornets and losing their last three by an average of 7.0 points. Despite facing some of the league's best clubs, the Kings (12-36) have been competitive during this stretch, defeating the Hornets and losing their last three by an average of 7.0 points. Sacramento is averaging about 98 ppg but yield about 103 as despite putting forth the effort they still have plenty of run and gun in their success even though they find themselves a lot more on the short end.

GL

Re: JTG WEDNESDAY NBA BEST

Great Writeups, While I dont agree on all your pic ks , I def respect the time you took to share, Good Luck

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Jimmy, how are you? I like the plays...as usual rock solid. I am on em. Post more often my man. Peace.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here

Thanks guys for all the support. Missed the sweep by a downtown bucket but I'll gladly take the 2-1 night.

Good to see you Tom. I will do my best despite full time on two other forums. Best of luck to all tonight and this wekeend.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Jimmy where are you posting now? Where are the 2 places? Nice to see you posting.