Just a short little poker vent here...

I was chip leader and lost half my stack calling Ironlock's all in. I had Ad 10d he had 3,5 offsuit....

he caught a 3 on the river. I got out the next hand with K10 suited when 88k comes on the flop and I lose to 3 8's.

sometimes poker is worse than betting on Kansas.

shortbus said:
I was chip leader and lost half my stack calling Ironlock's all in. I had Ad 10d he had 3,5 offsuit....

he caught a 3 on the river. I got out the next hand with K10 suited when 88k comes on the flop and I lose to 3 8's.

sometimes poker is worse than betting on Kansas.

Its all luck. No skill.

Hey short, tough beat. But lets be honest about the hand.

Short was in small blind, I was in the BIG blind.

He makes the minimum raise, pre-flop. I thought there was a good chance that it was a steal attempt, and a weak one at that...so I repopped him ALL in for at least 2/3rds of his chips.

He thinks about it (he appears to) and then CALLS OFF 2/3rds of his chips PRE-FLOP with ACE/TEN offsuit.

Now lets be honest here. If I'm in that spot, Its an automatic fold. In fact, for every poker player worth his salt, its an automatic fold. You need to ask yourself short, "What hand does Ironlock have that this beats?" The answer, NOTHING, except a bluff.

I was bluffing, and you were lucky in that regard...but it still doesn't change the fact that you made a terrible play and had no WAY of knowing that I held 3/5offsuit.

I got lucky, caught a 3. Big deal. You shouldn't have put all your chips at risk. I on the other hand, play loose and agressive, and when I lose, I don't whine on the boards about it. It comes with the territory in poker.

Good luck to you.

Iron.

RPM

EOG Veteran
IRONLOCK,

i disagree with you. if i have ace 10, and i know i can go heads up with you, especially with putting you all in only costing me at most 66% of my stack, i'm going to call everytime. i would figure at worst i have two over cards vs. a low,middle pair.

now on the flip side of that, if your bet would put me all in, i would fold.

I was A,10 suited in the small and you were big and we were the ONLY two in the hand. You had no choice but to be in the hand with the big.

If I was trying to steal the hand I would have bet more than double your big blind.

You are right about one thing, it WAS a DEFINATE fold hand once you went all in. I called and shouldn't have (it was half my stack not 2/3) but once the flop came, you CANNOT ARGUE that it was just A SICK BEAT.

You had 3,5 off, and YOU KNOW anyone worth his salt wouldn't be going all in on that either.

Again, I agree it was wasn't the best idea for me to call, but only because I was leading and you can't lose what you don't put in the pot.

When I bumped you and you went all in and I called at the last minute (I WAS thinking about it and ALMOST folded) I felt like the odds of you having a considerably better hand were pretty slim. I was dead right on that one.

I have no idea what the %'s are on that hand, but from start until the river card showed, your chances were virtually nil.