Kaepernick

Heim

EOG Master
It would have been cheaper for the NFL to hire some astute metric guys concluding he isn't worth playing.

MrTop

EOG Master
NFL played it dumb. Should have put out there a few times and keep cutting him. They shut him out. Pay him now. MLB playing games too with Harper and Manny. They are driving down pay and they all don't want big free agents anymore at big prices. They sign them late drives down the price. In the back room they probably said no big free agents before date XYZ. The pitcher arrieta last year now these guys this year. Big business at it again.

Last edited by a moderator:

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
From my perspective Commissioner Roger Goodell - who gets paid 31 million dollars a year- seems to mishandle every situation .

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
NFL played it dumb. Should have put out there a few times and keep cutting him. They shut him out. Pay him now. MLB playing games too with Harper and Manny. They are driving down pay and they all don't want big free agents anymore at big prices. They sign them late drives down the price. In the back room they probably said no big free agents before date XYZ. The pitcher arrieta last year now these guys this year. Big business at it again.
All of the data has proven for years that long term contracts were bad for baseball. Factor in the teams who broke up their core and starting over, it’s a much smaller market. Paying a pitcher 6-7 years when he only has 3-4 good years left is only good for the agent and the player. Teams finally wisened up.

MrTop

EOG Master
All of the data has proven for years that long term contracts were bad for baseball. Factor in the teams who broke up their core and starting over, it’s a much smaller market. Paying a pitcher 6-7 years when he only has 3-4 good years left is only good for the agent and the player. Teams finally wisened up.

For now

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Problem is that QBs with kap's type of skill set (Jackson, trubisky, t hill, josh allen) were having success which should have at least got kap a back up look.

I would guess this settlement was in the $50m range and not sure how it was split.

The kap lawyer must have gotten some email or text info evidence. He's a smart dude.

kane

EOG master
From my perspective Commissioner Roger Goodell - who gets paid 31 million dollars a year- seems to mishandle every situation .

I just saw where some NFL owners were talking to NBA commissioner Adam Silver to see if he had any interest in becoming commissioner of their sport, tells you a lot about Silver and Goodell

MrTop

EOG Master
he looked at the brady vs NFL case and said forget it . Also claimed he was getting set up to fail by the NFL

kane

EOG master
So they settled and Kaepernick is allowed to shop his talents in the NFL?

I don't know this for a fact, but maybe the large settlement he got was back pay for the years he was colluded against, even after not playing for so long, he's still probably better than the majority of backups

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated
He was a below average QB. Take a good hard look at his numbers and there is nothing to suggest otherwise. And FTR I could care less about him kneeling or his politics.

kane

EOG master
He was a below average QB. Take a good hard look at his numbers and there is nothing to suggest otherwise. And FTR I could care less about him kneeling or his politics.

He's still better than the majority of backups, had he not taken the stand he did, he would have been in the league the past two years. Look no further than Nathan Peterman collecting a weekly paycheck as evidence of collusion, or look in your own backyard at DeShone Kizer

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated
He's still better than the majority of backups, had he not taken the stand he did, he would have been in the league the past two years. Look no further than Nathan Peterman collecting a weekly paycheck as evidence of collusion, or look in your own backyard at DeShone Kizer

That's debatable but what's not is that he was a divisive personality in the locker room and off the field. He chose his battle and lost. While I understand him wanting to bring attention to his cause/beliefs, owners are protecting their bottom line and he was too big of risk. I would expect the same outcome if I attempted to bring my politics/beliefs into my company culture where I work. It would be career suicide.

railbird

EOG Master
He tyrnes down offer from Baltimore, the original kneel was to turn attentiin away from 49ers dismissing him, if he qas entrenched starter he would have never knelt to begin with.

railbird

EOG Master
He was demanding starter money, not backup money. Nfl would have won case in court but didnt want distraction