KANE cashes with Toronto at odds of 9/1 to win the NBA title

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Congrats Kane.......sometimes you have to get lucky to cash.....

Toronto could never beat a healthy Golden State team in a seven game series....Golden State with the best team this year but as we know, best teams don’t always win.....

But go to the window Kane....you have a winner.....

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Toronto could never beat a healthy Golden State team in a seven game series....

Why not? They were 2-0 in the regular season against them.

This was their worst team the last three seasons even fully healthy. GS definitely had some chemistry issues this season. Toronto is a damn good team that would have given them everything they could handle.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Why not? They were 2-0 in the regular season against them.

This was their worst team the last three seasons even fully healthy. GS definitely had some chemistry issues this season. Toronto is a damn good team that would have given them everything they could handle.

I don’t put much stock into the regular season.....

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Agree with VD, certainly doesn’t take away from a great play by Kane. Nice hit.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Toronto could never beat a healthy Golden State team in a seven game series....Golden State with the best team this year but as we know, best teams don’t always win.....

Geez, I don't know about that. I think TOR showed they had plenty. I thought GoldSt was vulnerable all along, even at full-strength.

Congrats, Kane. Nice call.

kane

EOG master
Thanks John, I thought for sure that Curry three was going in, the gambling Gods were on my side last night

kane

EOG master

Of course KD would have made a difference, and we'll never know what would have happened had he been healthy, but even with him I still think Toronto would have won. I was planning on taking whoever came out of the East against GS, since I had a future on Toronto I didn't need to take them in the series, but if Milwaukee had gotten there I would have made a series play on them. I posted this in another thread, I remember when the Heat went to four straight finals, their last appearance they got swept by the Spurs and all the players said afterward how they were emotionally, physically, and mentally exhausted, they had nothing left in their collective tanks, reaching four straight finals had taken it's toll on them, that's something I've always remembered. Now we have GS making their fifth straight finals appearance, that's a lot of basketball, and I figured they would also be going through what the Heat went through, the drain on the body and mind reaching five straight finals was something I was hoping for and injuries finally caught up to them. We'll never know what would have happened if GS was fully healthy, but Toronto was clearly the better team in the series led by the best two way player in the game, and if someone said he was the best player period right now I wouldn't argue. One superstar, a bunch of good role players, and a rookie head coach who obviously did a fantastic job was enough to get it done. Kudos to GS for playing like the champions they are, but in the end I think they just ran out of gas.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thanks John, I thought for sure that Curry three was going in, the gambling Gods were on my side last night

Crazy shot selection when trailing by a single point with less than 10 seconds remaining in the game.

Why not get something going to the basket?

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Hard to say NEVER in the gambling biz.

A healthy GSW team would have been what? -300 against Toronto? Let's say -400 for argument's sake.

There have been far greater upsets in professional sports than a -400 going down. Countless examples.

Saying never is just silly.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Last year's version of GSW was a better version than this year's when comparing both teams at full strength. Houston took Golden State to 7 games last season.

I'll take this Toronto team over that Houston team all day every day.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Everyone is focused on Golden State's injury woes, and for good reason.

However, Toronto was getting stronger as the series grew longer.

Great job by Masai Ujiri in assembling this team around Kawhi Leonard.

I would have thought a backcourt of Kyle Lowry and Fred VanVleet was too small to win an NBA title.

Guess not.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
A healthy GSW team would have been what? -300 against Toronto? Let's say -400 for argument's sake.

There have been far greater upsets in professional sports than a -400 going down. Countless examples.

Saying never is just silly.

Good point.

Last year's version of GSW was a better version than this year's when comparing both teams at full strength. Houston took Golden State to 7 games last season.

I'll take this Toronto team over that Houston team all day every day.

If not for CP3 going down, Houston probably (>50%) would have won that series.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
One superstar, a bunch of good role players, and a rookie head coach who obviously did a fantastic job was enough to get it done. Kudos to GS for playing like the champions they are, but in the end I think they just ran out of gas.

Forgive me but I've been saying all along that's all LBJ needs... All roads lead to LBJ :)

Sorry, once again, great Future take.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The best thing about Toronto winning with the style they used - they actually used scouting and coaching instead of blowing up five seasons like Philly, Chicago, Atlanta and others hoping for a lucky lottery pick. Toronto didn't have a single lottery player on the team. Leonard was drafted 1.15, so he was considered a role player/lower level starter only.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I'm not building a church on that for my argument. But you said they could never beat a healthy GSW team.

Never? That's an ignorant take.

WOW.....guess I have to apologize using the word NEVER.....hahahaha

But most here knew what I meant....

Ignorant take....hahahaha

best teams don’t always win but they do get the money most times....

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Get it together. The dynasty of these Warriors might only be over not because of losing these finals but because of injuries.

I'm not throwing the bank at Durant or Thompson now. You dont know what you're going to get. Ita not just physical its mental as well. When you go through injury and specifically what they go through, you hesitate on court to do what you did prior.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
WOW.....guess I have to apologize using the word NEVER.....hahahaha

But most here knew what I meant....

Ignorant take....hahahaha

best teams don’t always win but they do get the money most times....

You said something dumb. I called you on it. This is a forum. That’s what we do here. 🤓

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Congrats Kane nice call

Most teams that win major championships go through crazy games and crazy segments in games to get to the end. The Raptors are the only team in the history of the NBA to be trailing in every series leading up to the finals and to win it. I think its sick that game 7 a shot by Leonard at the buzzer against Philly that bounced 4 times on the rim and went in for the win. How many f... times does a ball actually hit the rim 4 times before going in? They were down 2-0 to Milwaukee and were fortunate to take game 3 in Double OT to make the series 2-1 and win from there. I'm confident if they go down 3-0 they would not have won 4 in a row.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I thought the Raptors were gassed after Game 3 in the Eastern Conference Finals against Milwaukee.

Turns out, they were only getting revved up.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Good point, Birdie.

I remember the Raptors were better than 2/1 against both Milwaukee and Golden State.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Good points fellas, nice to see 77 years of never winning a championship end in back to back nights with the Blues 52 years and the raptors 25 years.