Kawhi Leonard still the G.O.A.T.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I discovered Kawhi at San Diego State.

Birdie knew about him when he was playing high school ball in Riverside.

High Times

EOG Master
He might be the only player in the last 50 years to win an NBA title without a HOF teammate. Toronto

Pretty amazing

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
The best part about it is he doesnt really talk much.

Guy is already becoming a NBA legend.

Playing under Doc will only make him stronger.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Lakers took a 3 point lead near end of 3rd.

Clippers Lakers Rockets Jazz will fight it out for West. We will see how Porter does in Denver. Something about that team I dont believe in. If he shows up then maybe.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Rajon Rondo will make a big difference for the Lakers - somebody to push the ball - Lakers are really short on ball handlers right now.

Leonard is a good example of targeting athleticism in the draft and ignoring poor shooting coming out of college as that’s a skill that can be highly developed.

Russell Westbrook is another prime example of this.

kane

EOG master
he has been the best, just on tv more. Ive been watching him since 2007, never once was he not the best player on the floor

He wasn't the best player on the floor in game 6 of the 2013 finals, you remember, that's the game where Kawhi went to the free throw line with 20 seconds left and could have iced the game and the series, but he choked, Ray Allen then tied the game with a three, the Heat went on to win in OT, then won game 7. LeBron had a triple double that game and if not for Kawhi choking the Spurs would have won it in 6, he cost them the championship that year

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
1572021034407.png

He brought a lamp. A lamp. Light. To see the basket. That's wanting.

Michael Jordan ironed his Socks. Kawhi Leonard took a Lamp to a non-scheduled self-practice.

Great to see someone so humble getting the Love he deserves makes his teammates better quietly. He may seem like he's getting better because he actually may be. He was Young, now not Young. He was hurt, now not hurt and playing in the Sun and has nothing to prove now that he's won it all. Staying healthy through his career may be his biggest obstacle. I heard Ed Graney tell the story about the lamp years ago on The Talking Box and I fell in love. Who cares enough to bring a Lamp? And, probably much easier to see the hoop, then, when Lights are on Accidental genius. Must have good parents. Logging off before another US President comes on my TV. Two in 10 minutes. Let us be. Life is not politics.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thanks for sharing, Kevin.

Great story.

If you don't like Kawhi, you don't like basketball.

His jumper has really improved over the last couple of seasons.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
He wasn't the best player on the floor in game 6 of the 2013 finals, you remember, that's the game where Kawhi went to the free throw line with 20 seconds left and could have iced the game and the series, but he choked, Ray Allen then tied the game with a three, the Heat went on to win in OT, then won game 7. LeBron had a triple double that game and if not for Kawhi choking the Spurs would have won it in 6, he cost them the championship that year

If memory serves, Ginobili also missed a free throw that could have clinched the game for the Spurs.

Leonard and Ginobili, two of my personal faves.

kane

EOG master
The average fan doesn't realize just how great of a player Ginobili was, he gave up stats to be the third option on championship teams, he could have played elsewhere and averaged 25 points a game, but winning was more important to him than numbers, loved the way he played the game

bmiller

EOG Addicted
Kawhi Paul George and a highly underrated Lou Williams that is a 3 headed monster .. Clippers starting to look like the real dream team .. you can tell by the ear to ear smile on Doc Rivers face i never seen him look so happy he knows whats happening in LA

boston massacre

EOG Master
A Guy who played with Kawhi last year in Toronto, who looks like his Game has gone up a few notches this year is Pascal Siakim.

27th Pick in the 1st Rd. out of New Mexico St. in 2016. Tall, inside Game, outside Game, slasher, rebounder, Defender.

He's getting a lot more touches with Kawhi in L.A.,

And Capitalizing on them.

Max Contract down the Line.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I remember Siakim at NMSU.

Watched him.play at Orleans Arena here in Las Vegas in the WAC Tournament.

Once bet Seattle as a big underdog to Siakim and the Aggies.

Things did not work out well for me that night, if memory serves.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Leonard is a two-time NBA Finals MVP with two different teams.

A third award for a third team is a real possibility this season in this, his ninth NBA season.

kane

EOG master
Why did he sit out the fifth game of the season?

Jordan never took a night off....

This is another reason why I played their win total Under, in addition to getting used to playing together, I knew Kawhi would miss a bunch of games due to load management