Kawhi Plotted Against Our King

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
You just won't answer a simple question; I guess you have your reasons but you and I both know that the King of The North doesn't get out of the East if Philly is @ full fitness. I wonder, what's the narrative then?

Let me tell you, he wouldn't even be in the discussion for best player in the World. At the time, I happen to have him ranked #2, he has since fallen in my rankings.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Uhhmmm, they lost in 7 on a last second circus shot w/ their best player a shell of himself.

Embid went into that Series all phsyically fucked up and was battling a virus during parts of that series to boot, It's not Kawhi's fault but stop acting like this guy is LBJ, he isn't.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Embid got more MVP votes than Kawhi did.

Reverse the situation, if Embid was relatively healthy (no one is 100% in playoffs) and Kawhi was all fucked up and a shell of himself, how quick do the Sixers get rid of the Raptors?

I don't know but I dare say it doesn't take a last second shot in game 7 to advance.

MrTop

EOG Master
kawhy has 2 rings. note ; beat LeBron too

embred of philly - 0 rings

LeBron 3-6 finals

35 y/o in December - the younger players in the league calling LeBron - old man

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

LeBron 3-6 finals

You guys do everything but answer a simple question.

Fuck getting out of the East, in a straight up fair fight, Kawhi doesn't get out of the 2nd RD.. Congrats, you got Kawhi and not only do you drop a seed from the year before, you make no playoff progress.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

LeBron 3-6 finals

Yeah, and he's dunking better than Zion and he's certainly in better shape!

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
AD needs to hit the gym

And one of you trolls need to answer a simple question:

In a fair fight, does Kawhi make it out of the 2nd RD?

I don't know what would have happened but I say w/ a high degree of confidence, it's not "If" Phillly would have won, but "When." 5, 6, 7?

MrTop

EOG Master
And one of you trolls need to answer a simple question:

In a fair fight, does Kawhi make it out of the 2nd RD?

I don't know what would have happened but I say w/ a high degree of confidence, it's not "If" Phillly would have won, but "When." 5, 6, 7?

I think philly is a bit over rated cause of simmons. He is not a good shooter or defender

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I think philly is a bit over rated cause of simmons. He is not a good shooter or defender

It has nothing to do w/ being overrated, it has to do w/ the hisotrical fact that Philly lost in 7 on a last second circus shot w/ their legit MVP candidate, their unequivical best player, a shell of himself.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Fucking stop it, you're making yourself and the whole LBJ Trolling crew look like fools. I'm a Sixers fan, Ben can D up.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
GameBred makes me laugh.

JK, are you reading this silliness? Ben can't play defense? Are you fucking kidding me? These trolls literally know nothing about the game.

Kawhi gets his primma donna ass bounced in the 2nd RD in a fair fight. So w/ Kawhi, they drop a seed and make no playoff progress. That's not how shit turned out so obviously it's not true... but it is.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Life isn't meant to be fair.

Totally agree.

I said over a month ago, UniBron is going to show the NBA why it was scared of the dark as small children... well now we literally have the Boogey Man on our squad. Talk about life not being fair, this poor bastard (relatively speaking) was a blown achilles away from being a Max player.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
gamebred - The problem with Embiid is he's injury prone. They will break your heart at the worst times. No one is saying that Kawii is LBJ in his prime except you insinuating it to make LBJ look better and to discredit Leonard since LBJ couldnt bring him to LAL.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Totally agree.

I said over a month ago, UniBron is going to show the NBA why it was scared of the dark as small children... well now we literally have the Boogey Man on our squad. Talk about life not being fair, this poor bastard (relatively speaking) was a blown achilles away from being a Max player.

yeah, tough injury to come back from. Just as good a chance he snaps the other one.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
gamebred - The problem with Embiid is he's injury prone. They will break your heart at the worst times. No one is saying that Kawii is LBJ in his prime except you insinuating it to make LBJ look better and to discredit Leonard since LBJ couldnt bring him to LAL.

I'm "discrediting," Kawhi becuase I recently found out some very unflattering things about him that I don't know, but I believe to be true.

FW, I didn't want him on the squad, I'm on record saying I wanted role players over a 3rd star. I'm on record saying a month ago that Kawhi coming to Lakers is "totally unrealistic." I'm not hurt he didn't join us and he's certainly no "GOAT" threat to LBJ and I wouldn't attack him if he was; I would give credit.

What you label as "discrediting" I label as telling it like it is. He doesn't get out of the 2nd Rd, it is what it is.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
FW, I didn't want him on the squad, I'm on record saying I wanted role players over a 3rd star. I'm on record saying a month ago that Kawhi coming to Lakers is "totally unrealistic." I'm not hurt he didn't join us and he's certainly no "GOAT" threat to LBJ and I wouldn't attack him if he was; I would give credit.

Here are my 4 favorite players in the LG:

1. LBJ
2. Marcus Smart
3. Avery Bradley
4. Patrick Beverly

3 of these 4 have something in common..... their role players.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

I know that and that's not what I am doing. I watched LBJ all year and I watched a fair amount of these playoffs and my takeaway:

None of these playoff guys are as good as LBJ is right now, much less Playoff LeBron.

That was my opinion which seems to be shared by the mass public (not necessarily a good thing) since the entire Playoff Ratings dropped like a fucking hot rock w/out LBJ. It was a different experience watching the playoffs w/out him. You watch to see the best of the best go at it and it just felt like something was missing.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

You're the fucking guy who said there is an asterisk next to the Raptors title win this year. Are you discretiding Kawhi or are you acknowledging WTF happened?

Kawhi had a horseshoe up his ass, you know it and I know it. Why are you arguing w/ me?

MrTop

EOG Master
Here are my 4 favorite players in the LG:

1. LBJ
2. Marcus Smart
3. Avery Bradley
4. Patrick Beverly

3 of these 4 have something in common..... their role players.

this is the first thing we agree on.

smart is now starting & the other 3 are role players

ut oh here comes the poetry

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I'm "discrediting," Kawhi becuase I recently found out some very unflattering things about him that I don't know, but I believe to be true.

What you label as "discrediting" I label as telling it like it is. He doesn't get out of the 2nd Rd, it is what it is.
You're the fucking guy who said there is an asterisk next to the Raptors title win this year. Are you discretiding Kawhi or are you acknowledging WTF happened?

Kawhi had a horseshoe up his ass, you know it and I know it. Why are you arguing w/ me?
i know they were lucky to win. That doesn’t diminish thatLeonard was the most coveted FA for next year.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Do we diminish Nowitzki for winning the title because LBJ had a better team but lost? Small sample size? You tell me.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
i know they were lucky to win. That doesn’t diminish thatLeonard was the most coveted FA for next year.

I'm not diminishing Kawhi. He plotted against our King, there are consequences and repercussions for that.

KD would have been the most coveted FA if not for a twist of fate.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Do we diminish Nowitzki for winning the title because LBJ had a better team but lost? Small sample size? You tell me.

You're acting like, "Hell hath no fury like an LBJ Fan Boy scorned." I'm happy he is not a Laker, if he was, it's done, done and done. LBJ should win a Chip every year and anything less is a demerit. Now, he's the Underdog and will help his legacy not his GOAT status. He could be 0-9 in the Finals, doesn't change the fact that he's the best player that ever lived.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
And what in the fuck are Doc and PG13 doing working together anyway? That's the weirdest move that could have happened in the NBA.

Name one weirder, I dare you.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
And what in the fuck are Doc and PG13 doing working together anyway? That's the weirdest move that could have happened in the NBA.

Name one weirder, I dare you.
You got me there, that’s a interesting one. May be the best since Kidd’s crew in Dallas when one of them was with a teammates GF (Toni Braxton?)

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
You're acting like, "Hell hath no fury like an LBJ Fan Boy scorned." I'm happy he is not a Laker, if he was, it's done, done and done. LBJ should win a Chip every year and anything less is a demerit. Now, he's the Underdog and will help his legacy not his GOAT status. He could be 0-9 in the Finals, doesn't change the fact that he's the best player that ever lived.

He wasn’t an underdog last year and certainly not one this year. If Leonard gets an asterisk for last year, would the Lakers get one for this year? GS would still be better than them if healthy, Durant or no Durant.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
You got me there, that’s a interesting one. May be the best since Kidd’s crew in Dallas when one of them was with a teammates GF (Toni Braxton?)

Good pull but I meant what weirder move could happen in today's game. If you told me in a vacuum that PG13 is going to play under Doc, I'd be like, that's the least likely thing I can think of :)

Whatever, I'm not them, maybe there is more to the story but it's my understanding it's true. That's pretty damn personal, your woman is your woman until the moment she decides she's not but your daughter is always your princess; that's a fucking problem but maybe they worked it out, somehow :)

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
He wasn’t an underdog last year and certainly not one this year. If Leonard gets an asterisk for last year, would the Lakers get one for this year? GS would still be better than them if healthy, Durant or no Durant.

Yes he was.

And Yes, he's an Underdog this year, check the odds. Thank you Oddsmakers, btw.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Good pull but I meant what weirder move could happen in today's game. If you told me in a vacuum that PG13 is going to play under Doc, I'd be like, that's the least likely thing I can think of :)

Whatever, I'm not them, maybe there is more to the story but it's my understanding it's true. That's pretty damn personal, your woman is your woman until the moment she decides she's not but your daughter is always your princess; that's a fucking problem but maybe they worked it out, somehow :)
The other old weird situation I can come up with is the Delonte West deal playing with LBJ. The chemistry was shot when that story broke.

When you are in the top 3-5 for odds in a league of 30, you may not be THE fav, but the Lakers are A favorite.