KEEP AN EYE ON CRYPTO........BITCOIN OVER $10K

the dollar has not been backed by gold since Nixon

Nor has any major currency. If the US went back on the gold standard and no one else did it would cause a great depression part 2. How come no one asks if this is what Ron Paul and his followers want?

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Nor has any major currency. If the US went back on the gold standard and no one else did it would cause a great depression part 2. How come no one asks if this is what Ron Paul and his followers want?
I understand but we need to go back to it.

Yes the pain will be great in the short term but the path we are going is going to be much much worse.

Biden Treasury pick Janet Yellen warns cryptocurrency poses terrorism risk
https://fortune.com/2021/01/19/janet...ing-terrorism

New York (CNN Business)Janet Yellen, President-elect Joe Biden's pick for Treasury secretary, made more than $7 million in recent years by giving speeches to Wall Street banks, major corporations and industry groups.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/04/inves...hes/index.html

JORDAN FINNESETH
10 HOURS AGO
Bitcoin and altcoins correct after Yellen’s ‘illicit financing’ critique
Janet Yellen’s critical comments about cryptocurrencies put a damper on the wider market just as Ethereum price reached a new all-time high.

MrTop

EOG Master
i got buried today with bitcoin. staying nuetral.

Bitcoin's slump has dragged on other top 10 cryptocurrencies, with ethereum, Ripple's XRP, litecoin and cardano all down between 5% and 10%—although polkadot, a rival to the second biggest cryptocurrency ethereum, has managed to hold onto its recent gains.

Last edited:
The Asian value buyers stepping in for now, but a lot of charting analysts said a test of 30k was likely no matter what news noise there was. So here it is, lets see if its washed out some weak holders for now.

I do have to say the Yellen comments are quite disturbing. BTC won't go to zero because of such regulations, but it will prevent a lot of institutional money from getting into it and put a real ceiling on its price for a long time to come if hard regulation does come to pass.

MrTop

EOG Master
yellen was never pro bitcoin before biden days. However in the past she did say it was the quickest way to move money from one side of the world to another. Now she says it could help.. all good now. Start betting

Last edited:

Ray Luca

EOG Master
The Asian value buyers stepping in for now, but a lot of charting analysts said a test of 30k was likely no matter what news noise there was. So here it is, lets see if its washed out some weak holders for now.

I do have to say the Yellen comments are quite disturbing. BTC won't go to zero because of such regulations, but it will prevent a lot of institutional money from getting into it and put a real ceiling on its price for a long time to come if hard regulation does come to pass.

Don't rule out a retest of 20k

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
What would stop the hedge fund from buying billions of dollars of btc and cornering the market?

I view yellen's comments as a scare tactic while they figure out their own governmental crypto.

A world wide way to conduct business aka buy and sell with a currency without the governments having a say is what scares the shit out of them.

Her comments of btc being for illegal activity when the dollar has trillions of illegal activity is so laughable

lastyle7

EOG Veteran
Keep an eye out for EV start ups. CCIV possible lucid motors merger and CLII just mergered with EVgo. Also ACTC merger with Proterra (ev bus maker) WKHS suppose
to receive contract for next gen USPS trucks. Also GM has team up with Microsoft for AV called Cruise and now making ev trucks under the name Brightdrop for Fedex.

Don't rule out a retest of 20k

Another test of 30k makes sense. I don't think it will test 20, if it gets near it then it will just blow through it. If it gets much below 30 then you'll get a lot of liquidation and profit taking and frankly that goes all the way back to the teens.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Another test of 30k makes sense. I don't think it will test 20, if it gets near it then it will just blow through it. If it gets much below 30 then you'll get a lot of liquidation and profit taking and frankly that goes all the way back to the teens.

It traded 28,3 other day, no?

It traded 28,3 other day, no?

That's a test. It goes slightly below a key level and then you watch to see if it gets support. So far so good, but could easily see 30k getting tested again. In this crazy market of prices moving 10% in an hour or two technical levels are just ranges.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
That's a test. It goes slightly below a key level and then you watch to see if it gets support. So far so good, but could easily see 30k getting tested again. In this crazy market of prices moving 10% in an hour or two technical levels are just ranges.

Test needs volume tho

Valuist

EOG Master
A mineral is no better than bitcoin.

Except it's been a store of value for over 1000 years. Don't get me wrong; I like bitcoin and am (currently) invested in the BLOK. I am a long term believer. But yesterday was big; to open up 5% and finish down, it looks like its topped out and the chart is breaking. There will be plenty of chances to buy at lower levels.

Except it's been a store of value for over 1000 years. Don't get me wrong; I like bitcoin and am (currently) invested in the BLOK. I am a long term believer. But yesterday was big; to open up 5% and finish down, it looks like its topped out and the chart is breaking. There will be plenty of chances to buy at lower levels.
We've had bull runs in 2011, 2013, 2017 and 2021. There are always 30-40% drops during these runs. People grab profits now and then. The nice thing about the previous bull runs is that the gains are huge compared to the prior all time high.

Couple more tests of 30k today and it seems to be holding up. At some point those who want to get out will have done so. Usually 3 or 4 tests of a level take out the weak holders and then price goes the other way. Who knows though with this, its not like we can assume it trades like other financial instruments with such a short history.

janus

EOG Dedicated
bitcoin is really nothing but a penny stock with zero utility, its a stock with swings to play for gamblers, and nothing more. if any of you think the US government is going to just give up control of the monetary game (which is the one thing that keeps it in power) without implementing blitzkreig measures to keep it, you're fools.

granted, its a fun speculative game for us gamblers to play, but that's all it is. the moment it becomes any kind of threat to the US banking system, and more specifically the US dollar, the US government will destroy it. they'll make it completely illegal to use/have/hold... and while we 2% of fringers might resist, the 98% of the population who don't want to be outlaws will comply... and then bitcoin will be like heroin... valuable in the underworld but of little use in the real world. maybe valuable in the underground cash trafficking market, i guess, but not much better than those vehicles that already exist in that realm.