Kentucky Derby 2020

blueline

EOG Master
LS supposed to open 4/16...not opening the stable area for arriving horses..will take a look at the situation again on 4/3

waco

EOG Dedicated
1st year I didn't bet ALL OTHERS and didn't get to Vegas to bet my baseball props and im a happy camper

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
As long as no jockeys get it and/or the pay is good enough, it will go on.

all of these orders have no teeth, they are just strong recommendations at the end of the day

blueline

EOG Master
Churchill Downs Incorporated announced the suspension of racing at Turfway Park in Florence, Ky. effective immediately Wednesday afternoon, in accordance with the “Healthy at Home” Executive Order 2020-257 issued by Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear following public health concerns in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
ok so FLA derby is a go. forced payouts Saturday and then they close up gulfstream (Tamp also id assume?)

Valuist

EOG Master
Yes -800

They could totally run it in May without, but said they won’t because it’s about the fans

Not about the fan. Churchill Downs cares about 1 thing: its bottom line. They will not forfeit a giant gate for either Derby or Oaks day. CDI never cares about the public.

blueline

EOG Master
Arlington International Racecourse won't start its 2020 racing season "anytime soon," officials said Friday, but they're still holding out hope for some type of shortened meet, even if it's only a month long.

blueline

EOG Master
WO:

With 1,100 horses stabled on the backside, and strict protocols in place in terms of staffing and distancing, Lawson said the plan to reopen for racing started with opening the track for breezing on May 1. Within a few weeks, additional staff would be brought in for timed works and starting gate operations. If all goes to plan, Lawson said an optimistic projection would see spectator-free live racing pick up sometime in June.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I credit Fonner Park for plowing forward in these turbulent times.

Everyone except the jockey was wearing a mask in the winner's circle ceremony after the eighth race last night.