Kentucky Derby 2020

blueline

EOG Master
I have a setting that provides me a list within a couple of seconds of the horses running that day that fall within a certain layoff range that I like.....especially helpful on a "normal" saturday with a lot of tracks

blueline

EOG Master
its starts at 29 days to 165 days off and then I increase the 165 to around 200 as we get deeper into the year...i like at least a month off

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I once heard a good angle about horses coming off the Vets List.

The theory claimed a horse finally gets inspected by a competent horseman when they visit a licensed veterinarian.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
it was weird missing the Derby broke a long string for first Saturday in May long weekend at Churchill.

will be interesting what Preakness actually does, they had a rumor that went everywhere it would be a month after the dERby but then hold the phone that info was refuted as not yet defined. maybe they want to run first. belmont will PROP run before Derby and they will PROP change distance, that is my guess.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
it was weird missing the Derby broke a long string for first Saturday in May long weekend at Churchill.

will be interesting what Preakness actually does, they had a rumor that went everywhere it would be a month after the dERby but then hold the phone that info was refuted as not yet defined. maybe they want to run first. belmont will PROP run before Derby and they will PROP change distance, that is my guess.

Change the distance of the Belmont Stakes?

Blasphemy.

Belmont Park has presented the Belmont Stakes at 12 furlongs since 1926.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Derby Week is set for September 1-5 at Churchill Downs.

Talk about a fabulous five-day meet.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Pimlico is currently considering three dates for the 2020 Preakness Stakes -- one in July, one in August and October 3.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Change the distance of the Belmont Stakes?

Blasphemy.

Belmont Park has presented the Belmont Stakes at 12 furlongs since 1926.
i know but the general feel is they will and make it a Prep for the Travers. ..I know I know but wait for it...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
No one goes to the races anymore, but I'm eager to be trackside to see live racing again.

As far as I know, every track is returning to action without spectators.

blueline

EOG Master
BLUE, are you good at handicapping horses after a layoff?

I hope so.
Should be a plethora or 3yo opportunities...they will be coming back more mature and faster...people will write a bunch of nonsense but you won't see anyone discussing this

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Belmont Stakes now set for Saturday, June 20.

It will serve as the first leg of the Pandemic Triple Crown.

To be contested at nine furlongs, not twleve.

First time since 1926 that the race will not be run at a mile-and-a-half.