Kentucky Derby 2022….

Ray Luca

EOG Master
I just can't decide about Taiba. I think he is probably the best 3 year old out there, but they are asking a lot of him. Plus this isn't the SA Derby with only 6 horses. On the plus side his running style should be right for this race. Also Mike Smith up. With any other Jock, he'd be a toss Any opinions on him would be appreciated.

Just watch the last 1/2 mile of SA Derby over n over. Taiba is a serious contender tomorrow if he can overcome any trip issues. Smith the right jock here

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
from the oaks derby will pays it will be
epicenter (and that will induce the approx 3 milllion from mattress mac also so look for 3-1 or 7-2 on epi

taiba

close super close between Zandon and messier

mo donegal

those the top 5

anything other than epicenter a decent price of the top choice. big long shorts of course horrible value in the Derby and much much overbet as everyone gets bet

no rain for tommorow so should be ok, but cold most of day and blustry windy. not a nice late spring day at all.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I've got it narrowed down to 14 horses. Visually, the most impressive runner I saw in the preps was Crown Pride. The market in the US has yet to recognize the strength of Japanese racing.

I think you are in the minority evaluating Japanese horses….but I do respect them

Alldaycapper34

EOG Senior Member
I’m looking at the Japan horse Crown Pride. If it’s not an off track that will be my play. Japan horses have been hitting at a price on these big days this year. We’ll see.

Alldaycapper34

EOG Senior Member
I've got it narrowed down to 14 horses. Visually, the most impressive runner I saw in the preps was Crown Pride. The market in the US has yet to recognize the strength of Japanese racing.

Was happy to see this comment. Gaining confidence as long as it’s a fast track at post time.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Zandon for me. I’ll buck the surface issue and throw Tis The Bomb in along with Epicenter and Pioneer of Medina for some exotics. Best of luck gents.

Valuist

EOG Master
In first two races on main track, both winners were sitting 2nd, around the 2-3 path. Speed rarely bad on big days at CD. And many times you see horses making big moves on the far turn only to run out of oxygen in the stretch as the ground savers have more gas in tank.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Churchill Downs a perfect result

Attachments

• 16519441116544015322674941819994.jpg
    16519441116544015322674941819994.jpg
    771.5 KB · Views: 3

Valuist

EOG Master
Inside paths on main track not good. Rosario kept Jackie's Warrior way out in middle of track. And last year's BC Sprint winner, Aloha West, tried going the rail route in vain, finishing a well beaten third.

Heim

EOG Master
The splits killed just about everybody. Zandon, Epicenter laboring final quarter. About the only horse who had anything left....

blueline

EOG Master
going into the race these were in order your top 5 final fraction horses :

Mo Donegal
Zandon
Taiba
Rich Strike
Epicenter

no I didnt have it......bigger picture is I play tracks/situations where final fractions can be successful....people focus on the wrong things.....hot pace= I love it

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Wow what a stretch run coming off the pace, not the same surface but the traffic manoeuvering reminded me a bit of the Mine That Bird win by Borel