Kobe Bryant killed in a helicopter crash

railbird

EOG Master
Kobe is a regular at Subway sandwhich shop in Corona Del Mar on PCH, he gets foot long ham and cheese. daughter played for Sage Hill hs

Valuist

EOG Master
Not trying to make light of the situation but in reading the obituary I was surprised to see Kobe only won two seasonal scoring titles, considering he's 3rd all time in points scored

blueline

EOG Master
if the tail number is correct this is the flight path...many circles over glendale before heading to a more desolate area

helicopter.png

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
First 2 games of the day on pace to go over this far. Toronto and San Antonio both ran out the :24 shot clock to recognize Kobe's passing on their opening possessions.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Life is too short.

At least on the brink of death the pilot saved some lives because it seems he steered it away from a highly populated area.

Heim

EOG Master
They halted flights from LAX last night due to fog. Heavy this morning. Flight never should have left John Wayne Airport in Irvine. The live
shots shooting the fire and smoke from the debris still showed heavy fog.

railbird

EOG Master
They halted flights from LAX last night due to fog. Heavy this morning. Flight never should have left John Wayne Airport in Irvine. The live
shots shooting the fire and smoke from the debris still showed heavy fog.

the helicopter departed from Long Beach

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
Reporter: Sheriff, if there is one thing one can confirm, do we have a confirmation actually of 9 bodies at the scene?"
Sheriff: "Yes, that's our belief."

CNN

Early reporter had interviewee saying other pilots didn't fly because of bad visibility.

common guy

EOG Senior Member
Kobe was a legend on the court and just getting started in what would have been just as meaningful a second act. To lose Gianna is even more heartbreaking to us as parents. Michelle and I send love and prayers to Vanessa and the entire Bryant family on an unthinkable day.................Obama Tweet

Reports are that basketball great Kobe Bryant and three others have been killed in a helicopter crash in California. That is terrible news!..........Liar in Chief tweet

common guy

EOG Senior Member
Sikorsky S76 cruises at 150mph. It was foggy up high so chopper flew low. It went over my house real loud at 9:07 (I was on phone-time stamp)

405/105 On sunday morning was clear-1 mile visibility. Cruising speed 85 mph. 1 hour NB to TO.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
We understand Cryrie. Take the rest of the night off. We're all sad, numb, and sore over this, but are you serious?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Sikorsky S76 cruises at 150mph. It was foggy up high so chopper flew low. It went over my house real loud at 9:07 (I was on phone-time stamp)

405/105 On sunday morning was clear-1 mile visibility. Cruising speed 85 mph. 1 hour NB to TO.

Thanks for sharing, COMMON GUY.

railbird

EOG Master

chopter departed out of Long Beach

Heim

EOG Master
Kobe was a regular at El Camino Real Mexican restaurant in Fullerton, CA. His wife Vanessa was originally from Fullerton
before her family moved to Huntington Beach. I'm told when Kobe went in to pick up to go orders he would wait in line
even though they wanted to give him VIP service. He said he was just another customer and waited in line.

railbird

EOG Master

Comments
Keri Altobelli updated her profile picture.
January 1 at 5:15 PM ·

474712 Comments
Comments
View 4 more comments

July 6, 2019 ·

40403 Comments
Comments
April 26, 2019 ·