Kobe Bryant killed in a helicopter crash

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Lillard channeled "Black Mamba" last night.

He dropped 48 on the Lakers.

LeBron was not as close to Kobe as it seems.

I've heard Carmelo was much closer to Kobe than LeBron was.

Caremelo missed last night's game due to grief.

Heim

EOG Master
I think it's time to drop the question mark in this thread title.

P.S I was surprised to learn Kobe only won one MVP award in 2008. I thought he had a least 2.

Last edited:

railbird

EOG Master
I never pay attention to Laker games,but had a long drive last night down 101 from Central CA. so I tuned in to John Ireland and Mychal Thompson. My takeaways....
1. Those were mountains I drove by at Las Virgenes-or really big hills unlike any others near a freeway in SoCal. 2. LeBron had a crappy game 3. The media missed the real story that Kobe and Dame Lillard were very close.

AKA the Santa Monica Mountains.

railbird

EOG Master
7 of the 9 of the victims were Huntington Beach residents. Christina was a star guard at Edison hs. class of 99, husband Matt class of 97 went to Edison and Cal Poly, now a Frank Sinatra impersonator

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Christina a 13 yr Huntington Beach lifeguard

You must be a least 15 years old to be a Huntington Beach lifeguard....Rail obviously meant a Junior lifeguard where you can be one at eight years old....more in Railbird’s range....just like little league...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
7 of the 9 of the victims were Huntington Beach residents. Christina was a star guard at Edison hs. class of 99, husband Matt class of 97 went to Edison and Cal Poly, now a Frank Sinatra impersonator

Did Christina Mauser play college basketball?

common guy

EOG Senior Member
cool Article. Didn't realize Dave was her coach, thought he had just concentrated on football by then. She was his kind of player. Defense wins.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Gayle King feeling some much needed heat in her interview with Lisa Leslie. She slams the network even after her question about the 2003 rape allegations.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Saw a report today that said Kobe's helicopter was only 100 feet from clear skies.

Heartbreaking.

railbird

EOG Master
Altobelli service at Angel Stadium Feb 10
Mauser service at Edison high gym Feb 16
Kobe service at Staples Center Feb 24

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
By all means , Feel sorry for yourself. By all means make excuses. By all means feel discouraged. By all means don't play like this game is the most important thing to you. By all means entertain yourself with other s--- because the game of baseball will be here forever and you will have infinite opportunities to play this game. You will have infinite opportunities to put on your gear, feel the glove, the ball, etc. The game of baseball will wait for you. Life will wait for you. Its not as life can be taken away from you at any moment. Nooo that would be crazy, that would be cruel. Right? So by all means play the game as if will have all the swings you can dream of and when the day comes when you realize baseball, that life doesn't work that way, you will understand that the best way to play is by ANY MEANS necessary. By any means. No excuses. No waiting. F--- patience. F--- injuries and f--- THEM. PLAY as if every at bat may be ur last because it very f---ing well could be. So let's make every single f---ing one count. Lets go get these f---ers!

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...-john-altobelli-collector-lost-baseball-souls

"He was a collector," Tyler Parker, a family friend, likes to say, "of lost baseball souls."

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I especially enjoyed the speeches of Rob Pelinka and Gino Auriemma.

Crying Michael Jordan, not so much.

waco

EOG Dedicated
Lawsuit has nothing to do with Vanessa wanting money. She and the kids will never spend what Kobe is worth. She doesn't ever want this happening again to anyone else.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Vanessa's speech was moving.

Despite losing her husband and daughter, she said she still plays on the best team.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Vanessa's speech was moving.

Despite losing her husband and daughter, she said she still plays on the best team.

During her tribute speech, Vanessa said to Kobe: You got Gigi and I got the other three girls..."We're still the best team."

Last edited: