Kobe will be playing basketball next month

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Just not in the NBA...

He's reached a verbal agreement ($3 Million for 40 games) with the Italian Club Virtus Bologna. Kobe will be flying out next week to get a work visa and finalize the deal.

Smart move by expanding to Europe, and staying in basketball shape.

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Re: Kobe will be playing basketball next month

I'm sure his knees could have used some rest, he's not getting younger.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

He better keep his wife and kids back home.

This scenario is very possible for these NBA high profile guys going overseas.

Kidnapping and held for ransom.

Integrity

EOG Master

That's all he's getting??? Didn't he ask for 15 or something close to that?

Thought they offered 6 to begin with. 3mil for 40 games doesn't seem like something Kobe would take, although compared to not doing anything, it's best to get paid LOL

Integrity

EOG Master

just read the article, the 3mil is for 40 days, which is only 10 of their games...

that makes more sense

tripp

EOG Master

$300K a game isn't too bad

NBA players hold a lot more power in this lockout than the nfl players had since NBA players actually have alternative options.

I suspect the owners will have to give in more than the players will

carolinakid

Banned

i heard James IS WORKING OUT WITH A NEW SPEECH IN THE OFF SEASON LOL

Integrity

EOG Master

While they have more options, the NFL players had more power because people all over actually want the games

If the NBA had the popularity of the NFL, I'd agree but the owners will get most of what they want, I think

carolinakid

Banned

AND also James is working on a new rap song,,,,,,,,,,The tears of a clown , that does not have a ring HO

carolinakid

Banned

hEY TRIPP you are a little bitch, you can only say 2 things we have a sub forum and a black hater, are you a little birdie or a little bitch or by the way TRIPP FUCK YOU BY THE WAY YOU ARE THE ONE TO TRY TO START SOMETHING WITH, ME OK I BITE YOU START AND I WILL FINISH IT FOR YOU SIR

tripp

EOG Master

hEY TRIPP you are a little bitch, you can only say 2 things we have a sub forum and a black hater, are you a little birdie or a little bitch or by the way TRIPP FUCK YOU BY THE WAY YOU ARE THE ONE TO TRY TO START SOMETHING WITH, ME OK I BITE YOU START AND I WILL FINISH IT FOR YOU SIR

sir, please leave your threats and your racist comments for the asylum. thank you for your cooperation bud..........tripp 12io4j2w90

joeblow

EOG Addicted

These sign ups IMO doesn't help or hurt the NBA players.The owners don't care either way.They know if an agreement is signed ,they will all come flying back

$300K a game isn't too bad

NBA players hold a lot more power in this lockout than the nfl players had since NBA players actually have alternative options.

I suspect the owners will have to give in more than the players will

tripp

EOG Master

These sign ups IMO doesn't help or hurt the NBA players.The owners don't care either way.They know if an agreement is signed ,they will all come flying back

Agreed. Of course they are coming back as soon as the lockout ends, but the point is just that they have some leverage since euro leagues will still pay them millions to play. NFL players didn't have that altenative option. Next best thing for them is the CFL and I don't think anyone would even get a million dollars to play in that league since they don't make enough money for it. I think the highest earner in the CFL makes only $500K

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I think it makes a statement. Oh, you don't want to give more? We'll play in Europe and Asia, where the game keeps growing.

Integrity

EOG Master

I think it makes a statement. Oh, you don't want to give more? We'll play in Europe and Asia, where the game keeps growing.

The only way I think them playing in Euro/Asia is gonna make a real diff is if one of the major networks over here will carry those games.

That's the only way that'll capture the public's attention and scare the NBA into caving. The only thing-- as powerful as the NBA and their advertisers are, I don't see a major network carrying those games