Kudos to Rand Paul

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
First responders are heros.

Btw they were told by the Bush administration that the air was safe to breath, when it wasnt.

PAY THOSE MEN THEIR MONEY!!!!

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
He’s actually for funding it, he wants something cut first.

Having your cake and eat it too.

There seems to be money for everything except for people who ran into burning buildings to save others

The US is running a TRILLION dollar deficit, but that is where he draws line, huh????

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Having your cake and eat it too.

There seems to be money for everything except for people who ran into burning buildings
Which is his point, he wants the frivolous spending to stop so money can be freed up for this. He’s big on balancing the budget, but few are with him.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I don't like the brash way they're asking for the money.

And it's A LOT of money.

Billions.

It's a turnoff for me.

MrTop

EOG Master
what about the people who died. There are people went out of their way to help. They wanted medical. Could not get it . Died.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated
Coming from NY, we view this a little differently. People are still dying from working downtown and being exposed. Pay them for lives lost or irreversibly altered. They should not have to beg.

mr merlin

EOG Master
The sad thing is they all have insurance, all their medical bills are paid. They want extra money to go to them and their heirs.

i agree with rail, fuck them. They've already spent $12 billion and have another 2 ready, now they want unlimited amts more.

That would be like giving millions to each family member of all the soldiers killed and wounded in Iraq, no one talks about doing that?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The sad thing is they all have insurance, all their medical bills are paid. They want extra money to go to them and their heirs.

i agree with rail, fuck them. They've already spent $12 billion and have another 2 ready, now they want unlimited amts more.

That would be like giving millions to each family member of all the soldiers killed and wounded in Iraq, no one talks about doing that?

To me, it sounds like they're asking for generational wealth.

And some are not asking, they're demanding.

Maybe Jon Stewart's presence turns me off.

The first responders were already getting paid top dollar for the dangerous element to their occupations.

It's a bad look for everyone involved.

But I don't like being on the top opposite side of a SlipperyPete, JHU Dad or MrTop argument.

mr merlin

EOG Master
People in the area are still getting the same forms of cancer that the first responders did.

Coincidence?
I'm sure they breathed some bad stuff, but people get sick, get cancer, etc, everywhere. Not every sick 1st responder was made that way by 911.

Everyone in the country knows that.

MrTop

EOG Master
200th NYFD guy just died from it. , Many go unreported. They are waiting for everyone to die, then they don't have to pay them. Same thing happened with agent orange deaths from the Vietnam war.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated
Many cancers that affect the lungs take about 20 years to incubate. I really don't think it's a cash grab.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Many cancers that affect the lungs take about 20 years to incubate. I really don't think it's a cash grab.
It's not that hard to figure out what the expected number of deaths/diseases there should be vs what there are. I'm sure there are some extras, but that's not the point, you cant just give free money to people and their families forever, especially people who were doing their job.

Pay all of their medical bills and perhaps a set amt of life ins to the heirs of those who die, that would be plenty, but is a pittance compared to what they want. Pure greed.

MrTop

EOG Master
It's not that hard to figure out what the expected number of deaths/diseases there should be vs what there are. I'm sure there are some extras, but that's not the point, you cant just give free money to people and their families forever, especially people who were doing their job.

Pay all of their medical bills and perhaps a set amt of life ins to the heirs of those who die, that would be plenty, but is a pittance compared to what they want. Pure greed.

well if the airlines had better security getting on planes 9/11 does not happen.