Kyrie Irving

kane

EOG master
Apparently the Cavs and Celtics are close to completing a trade that would send Irving to Boston, the names I heard going to Cleveland are IT, Crowder, Zizic and picks, the Cavs also want Tatum, we'll see if this happens and exactly who ends up where. As a Celtics fan, I don't think I like this, but I have to trust Danny.

Johnny LaRue

EOG Addicted
Re: kyrie irving

Apparently the Cavs and Celtics are close to completing a trade that would send Irving to Boston, the names I heard going to Cleveland are IT, Crowder, Zizic and picks, the Cavs also want Tatum, we'll see if this happens and exactly who ends up where. As a Celtics fan, I don't think I like this, but I have to trust Danny.

Terrible trade for the Celtics.

kane

EOG master

Danny gave up too much imo, there's no way I would have given them the Brooklyn pick which might be the first pick in next year's draft, considering the Pacers and Bulls got nothing back for their stars, Boston gave up too much, I don't like it

MrTop

EOG Master

maybe ainge was drinking when he made the deal. LOL

I do not like it either for celts

kane

EOG master

maybe ainge was drinking when he made the deal. LOL

I do not like it either for celts

I know you're only joking about Ainge, but he's a Mormon, unless I'm wrong I don't think they're allowed to drink alcohol

MrTop

EOG Master

I thought crowder would be moved.....why they dealing with Cleveland anyway?

boston massacre

EOG Master

Thomas, Crowder, Zizic for Irving is a good trade for the Celtics.

But the Celtics also gave Cleveland the Nets 2018 1st Rounder, which gives Cleveland the better deal in the trade.

Thomas is an unrestricted Free Agent after next year, and he will be looking for the Brinks Truck to back up.

Ainge had no plans to unload it for him.

Tatum's not part of this trade.

The Celtics own the Lakers 1st rounder next year if it falls between 2 and 5.

If it does not fall between 2 and 5, then the Celtics will get Sacramento's 2019 1st Rounder with no restrictions on it.

The key in this trade is; Where will Brooklyn's 1st Rounder fall next year.

kane

EOG master

Not so bad with Tatum staying put.

The Cavs wanted either Jaylen Brown, Tatum, or the Brooklyn pick, I know Ainge loves Brown and Tatum, so he gave them the pick, but it's probably the first pick in the draft, Boston gave up too much

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

I'd rather have PG13 and Baby Bron but LBJ is a moron. That deal came out as a legit one.

You like this for the Cavs?

kane

EOG master

Thomas, Crowder, Zizic for Irving is a good trade for the Celtics.

But the Celtics also gave Cleveland the Nets 2018 1st Rounder, which gives Cleveland the better deal in the trade.

Thomas is an unrestricted Free Agent after next year, and he will be looking for the Brinks Truck to back up.

Ainge had no plans to unload it for him.

Tatum's not part of this trade.

The Celtics own the Lakers 1st rounder next year if it falls between 2 and 5.

If it does not fall between 2 and 5, then the Celtics will get Sacramento's 2019 1st Rounder with no restrictions on it.

The key in this trade is; Where will Brooklyn's 1st Rounder fall next year.

Brooklyn will be god awful next year, so the pick is almost guaranteed to be top three, and just like this year, probably the first pick. If anything give them that Lakers/Sac pick, but not the Brooklyn pick. I hope I'm wrong and I have faith in Danny/Brad, but on paper it looks like we gave up too much, I guess we'll see

kane

EOG master

I'd rather have PG13 and Baby Bron but LBJ is a moron. That deal came out as a legit one.

Things were bad between Irving and LBJ, there's no way the Cavs could have started the season with Irving on the team, so knowing they really had no choice but to move him, I think the Cavs did very well, IT is coming off a great year, Crowder is one of the league's most underrated players, Zizic is a big who the C's were high on, and that Brooklyn pick is gold. Next year's draft is loaded at the top, and the Cavs are likely to get a great prospect with the pick

boston massacre

EOG Master

James is gone after next year. Cleveland also has to deal with Thomas's contract after next year.

Without James and Irving after next year, Cleveland is gonna suck.

You gonna give Thomas Max Money to play alongside a bunch of role players ?

kane

EOG master

James is gone after next year. Cleveland also has to deal with Thomas's contract after next year.

Without James and Irving after next year, Cleveland is gonna suck.

You gonna give Thomas Max Money to play alongside a bunch of role players ?

Irving is under contract for the next three years, but the third year is a player option, and it's expected that he'll opt out, so there's a chance Irving could walk after two years. Considering how much we gave up, signing Irving to a long term deal becomes imperative. If LBJ leaves, they probably don't re-sign IT, and they'll use that Brooklyn pick as the start of a rebuild

boston massacre

EOG Master

[/B]
Brooklyn will be god awful next year, so the pick is almost guaranteed to be top three, and just like this year, probably the first pick. If anything give them that Lakers/Sac pick, but not the Brooklyn pick. I hope I'm wrong and I have faith in Danny/Brad, but on paper it looks like we gave up too much, I guess we'll see

I'll guess Top 3. Atlanta and Chicago will also be horrible.

Root for Brooklyn Wins next year. Out of Spite.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

If things work out between IT and Bron, they may keep them both and have the 1.1 pick. Obviously worth the gamble all things considered.

boston massacre

EOG Master

Irving is under contract for the next three years, but the third year is a player option, and it's expected that he'll opt out, so there's a chance Irving could walk after two years. Considering how much we gave up, signing Irving to a long term deal becomes imperative. If LBJ leaves, they probably don't re-sign IT, and they'll use that Brooklyn pick as the start of a rebuild

Right. If Irving opts out in the third year, I would offer him Max Money. I'd extend him. But not Thomas for Max Money.

kane

EOG master

I'll guess Top 3. Atlanta and Chicago will also be horrible.

Root for Brooklyn Wins next year. Out of Spite.

Absolutely! And not that I need any more reason to root against the Lakers, but there's a chance we get their pick, and like you already know it would be between 2-5, so that's not too bad

kane

EOG master

If things work out between IT and Bron, they may keep them both and have the 1.1 pick. Obviously worth the gamble all things considered.

Personally I think LBJ is gone after this year, but I know he's always been fond of IT, I guess a lot depends on how the season goes, if he does decide to stay, they probably flip the Brooklyn pick for a veteran, if he leaves, they keep it and start a rebuild. What a crazy off season

kane

EOG master

Right. If Irving opts out in the third year, I would offer him Max Money. I'd extend him. But not Thomas for Max Money.

I agree with you about Irving, Danny has to give him the max. Apparently he didn't feel comfortable giving the max to IT

boston massacre

EOG Master

Personally I think LBJ is gone after this year, but I know he's always been fond of IT, I guess a lot depends on how the season goes, if he does decide to stay, they probably flip the Brooklyn pick for a veteran, if he leaves, they keep it and start a rebuild. What a crazy off season

But the talk with LBJ in Cleveland is; That he hates Management.

I think the opportunity will be there for him next year to hook up with some STARS.

Most likely his LAST HURRAH !

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

No doubt.

Just thinking about what could have been w/ other deals; you know of the one I speak.

Cavs have gotten better so I can't be mad.

kane

EOG master

But the talk with LBJ in Cleveland is; That he hates Management.

I think the opportunity will be there for him next year to hook up with some STARS.

Most likely his LAST HURRAH !

The general thinking is LBJ goes to the Lakers next year, and Paul George would join him. Of course a lot can happen between now and then, but I think he's leaving Cleveland. You're right about his feelings towards the owner, he's never been a Dan Gilbert fan, and from what I've heard things have gotten bad between them to the point that he's going to leave. He's always said his goal was to bring a championship to Cleveland, now that he's done that, it's easier for him to leave

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

The general thinking is LBJ goes to the Lakers next year, and Paul George would join him. Of course a lot can happen between now and then, but I think he's leaving Cleveland. You're right about his feelings towards the owner, he's never been a Dan Gilbert fan, and from what I've heard things have gotten bad between them to the point that he's going to leave. He's always said his goal was to bring a championship to Cleveland, now that he's done that, it's easier for him to leave

Exactly.

The King is the Queen on the chessboard now, he can move in any direction he wants w/ no blow-back.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Exactly.

The King is the Queen on the chessboard now, he can move in any direction he wants w/ no blow-back.

But he's still a moron.

Give me PG13 and Baby Bron and I am pricing them up odds-on to beat GS on a neutral in a 7-game series.

I'll shut up about it now :)

choslamshe

EOG Master

We are about to see what Kyrie can do as the feature which should be exciting. Don't think the Celtics got any better or worse but I think we will see Kyrie go to another level this year.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Exactly.

lol no blow back from a guy who's been licking his uncleaned taint for a decade

He will get blow back (and rightfully so) for his entire career worth's of prima donna behavior.

Boston trying to make the finals with a realistic shot. Not mad at that. But giving up that pick hurts if you're a fan.......

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

Cleveland is looking to win now,they could deal the Brooklyn first rounder & Jae Crowder to the Knicks for Carmello Anthony.Jim Dolan can enjoy seeing a Nets losing season paying dividends for him...

King Felix

EOG Veteran

Boston trying to make the finals with a realistic shot. Not mad at that. But giving up that pick hurts if you're a fan.......

This move makes no sense. They could have had butler for this year's first rounder. Jimmy is better than kyrie. Instead they give up 3 times as much for kyrie. Ainge got destroyed here.

King Felix

EOG Veteran

We are about to see what Kyrie can do as the feature which should be exciting. Don't think the Celtics got any better or worse but I think we will see Kyrie go to another level this year.

They got worse imo for the sole fact that they made Cleveland better and Cleveland is their main foe.

Crowder is a great get for Cleveland.

Heim

EOG Master

Can't hurt to have the best 4thQ scorer in the NBA for Cavs....

brians

EOG Dedicated

As great a scorer as IT was in the 4th Quarter, Brad Stevens hated that IT was such a defensive liability, especially in the 4th Q. All told, the Celtics did well to flip IT & Crowder for Irvin (considering what they gave up to get IT & Crowder).

As for the Brooklyn pick, Ainge has been stock piling these picks as chips, but he has struggled to move them. Until this year when he actually won the lottery and got the #1 overall pick ... and what does he do? He trades out of the #1 selection.

Irving, Hayward, Horford, Morris, Brown, Tatum, Smart is a bunch.

The Celtics love Brown & Tatum. Heavy at the SF position, but Stevens always says there are only two positions in the NBA - PG & C.
I'd feel a lot better if the Celt's had hung onto Avery Bradley.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

This move makes no sense. They could have had butler for this year's first rounder. Jimmy is better than kyrie. Instead they give up 3 times as much for kyrie. Ainge got destroyed here.

I wanted him or PG13 flipped for Kyrie; would have been a major coup for the Cavs if they could have swapped out for either.

King Felix

EOG Veteran

As great a scorer as IT was in the 4th Quarter, Brad Stevens hated that IT was such a defensive liability, especially in the 4th Q. All told, the Celtics did well to flip IT & Crowder for Irvin (considering what they gave up to get IT & Crowder).

As for the Brooklyn pick, Ainge has been stock piling these picks as chips, but he has struggled to move them. Until this year when he actually won the lottery and got the #1 overall pick ... and what does he do? He trades out of the #1 selection.

Irving, Hayward, Horford, Morris, Brown, Tatum, Smart is a bunch.

The Celtics love Brown & Tatum. Heavy at the SF position, but Stevens always says there are only two positions in the NBA - PG & C.
I'd feel a lot better if the Celt's had hung onto Avery Bradley.
Well then ainge is an idiot since the game is dominated by athletic wings now. This isn't 1990 with centers

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Realistic shot? At full fitness, the Cavs will mop them. They just got better and look what they did to the C's in last years playoffs.

brians

EOG Dedicated

Well then ainge is an idiot since the game is dominated by athletic wings now. This isn't 1990 with centers
I didn't paraphrase Stevens within the right context. What I believe he meant was that a PG is a PG and a C is a C, but everyone else is interchangeable. I think he realizes it's a wing's game, so he wants as many on the floor at one time as he can.