Kyrie Irving

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Re: Kyrie Irving

Brick was the worst shooter in the league outside the paint the first 1/2 of 2016. Brick scores on layups and dunks. He's awful outside the paint.

He shoots better from 3 than MJ and MJ played w/ a shorter 3-pt line for like 25% of his career.

He shoots better from 3 than MJ and MJ played w/ a shorter 3-pt line for like 25% of his career.

Because they didn't take many 3s back in the day and a high percentage of Jordan's 3s were prayers at the end of quarters. Jordan had 5 years where he averaged taking less than one 3 point shot per game. Most were prayers.

Jordan was one of the best fade away shooters of all time. There's no comparison between Jordan and Brick's outside shot from outside the paint.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Because they didn't take many 3s back in the day and a high percentage of Jordan's 3s were prayers at the end of quarters. Jordan had 5 years where he averaged taking less than one 3 point shot per game. Most were prayers.

Jordan was one of the best fade away shooters of all time. There's no comparison between Jordan and Brick's outside shot from outside the paint.

Post #450 (And this was last year) discussing the GM Draft Survey:

http://forums.eog.com/showthread.ph...ate-Prediction/page13?highlight=babbling+loon

Let's make a prediction for when the next survey comes out.

Kyrie #1

He’s not even a top-10 player, no one in their right mind is drafting him ahead of a bunch of guys, least of all LBJ and this was posted last year.

King Felix

EOG Veteran

Post #450 (And this was last year) discussing the GM Draft Survey:

http://forums.eog.com/showthread.ph...ate-Prediction/page13?highlight=babbling+loon

He’s not even a top-10 player, no one in their right mind is drafting him ahead of a bunch of guys, least of all LBJ and this was posted last year.
#1 of all players in the NBA lol.

Kyrie isn't even in the top 4 of PG's who would be drafted.

1. Russ
2. Harden (if he counts)
3. Steph
4. John Wall

King Felix

EOG Veteran

and Brick wouldn't be the top forward if there were a draft today.
Raiders, if we're counting all guards Kyrie falls even further down the list pal. You said he would be the #1 pick for NBA GM's to start a team. Jaysus pal. Your dislike for Lebron has slanted your vision quite a bit.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

I don't know what to make of this deal. Such a strange deal that was made. Kane said it best, its obvious Ainge had no intentions on paying IT shit.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

1. Russ
2. Harden (if he counts)
3. Steph
4. John Wall

I'm concerned for Raiders, I don't dislike him, which is why we need to get him fitted for a straight-jacket; for his own safety.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

What's funny is guys that shoot there mouth off but get real quiet when it's time to put up money to back up their statements. I'll offer two bets"

1. Irving averages more points/game than Brick.
2. Brick averages more turnovers/game than Irving.

And I'll bet that Lebron's shooting percentage is better, +/- when on and off the court difference is higher/better, more rebounds, more assists, more blocks, more steals, and when they meet in the playoffs (if Boston is fortunate enough to make it that far) that the Cavs spank the Celtics.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

And I'll bet that Lebron's shooting percentage is better, +/- when on and off the court difference is higher/better, more rebounds, more assists, more blocks, more steals, and when they meet in the playoffs (if Boston is fortunate enough to make it that floor) that the Cavs spank the Celtics.

They are going to stick a bone-crusher in them; it's going to be real bad... IF, like you said, they are fortunate enough to get there.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

1. Russ
2. Harden (if he counts)
3. Steph
4. John Wall

Actually the NBA GM's had him 4th:

1. Stephen Curry, Golden State – 63.3%
2. Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers – 20.0%
3. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City – 10.0%
4. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland – 6.7%

http://www.nba.com/gmsurvey/2016

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

I don't know how much better he is than Thomas ( a little but man). I'm sure Cle got better and Boston didn't after this trade.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

And Raider's thought he would go #1 overall. You see why I'm concerned.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

I don't know how much better he is than Thomas ( a little but man). I'm sure Cle got better and Boston didn't after this trade.

And look what they did to them last year in the Finals.

This is important as well, if anyone thinks LBJ is going to let Kyrie get the best of him, they are delusional. He will take it to the rim every time down if he he has to and there is nothing the C's can do about it. The thing is, he won't have to, the Cavs are just more talented and this is a LG where talent tells the vast majority of the time.

Not to mention, the rest of the team is going to want to teach him a lesson. It's tough to say they wouldn't already be "max-motivated" in a playoff series but If the C's caught a game, I would be surprised.

King Felix

EOG Veteran

Yeah, but Harden didn't count... and I think John Wall is for sure better at this point.

And I'll bet that Lebron's shooting percentage is better, +/- when on and off the court difference is higher/better, more rebounds, more assists, more blocks, more steals, and when they meet in the playoffs (if Boston is fortunate enough to make it that far) that the Cavs spank the Celtics.

One thing about Irving is that he opens up the court. You have to guard Irving outside the arch while no one covers Brick.

Can't compare the shooting percentage of forwards to guards. I'll bet on each steals, points, turnovers all per game regular season. You want 3 bets?

boston massacre

EOG Master

It will take a while to determine who got the better of this trade.

No one knows what that Brooklyn pick will turn out to be.

I'll take Kyrie Irving over IT any day of the week.

IT is a Free Agent after next year. I wouldn't give him Max Money. But he'll be expecting it.

The Celtics won't miss Crowder. They pick up Haywood and Tatum. Tatum is 19. He can create his own shot.

Watch the Brooklyn Pick, and see what it is doing in a couple of years.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

One thing about Irving is that he opens up the court. You have to guard Irving outside the arch while no one covers Brick.

Can't compare the shooting percentage of forwards to guards. I'll bet on each steals, points, turnovers all per game regular season. You want 3 bets?

Turnovers no brainer like assists the other way because of how much Lebron has the ball (because you always want the best player in the league with the ball in his hands). Points no bet cause he's going to be an ego maniac trying to prove his worth.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

And we will see what he opens up now that the best player in the league isn't on the floor with him.

kane

EOG master

It will take a while to determine who got the better of this trade.

No one knows what that Brooklyn pick will turn out to be.

I'll take Kyrie Irving over IT any day of the week.

IT is a Free Agent after next year. I wouldn't give him Max Money. But he'll be expecting it.

The Celtics won't miss Crowder. They pick up Haywood and Tatum. Tatum is 19. He can create his own shot.

Watch the Brooklyn Pick, and see what it is doing in a couple of years.

I think they'll miss Crowder more than you think, they'll miss his toughness and leadership, and they'll miss his defense, offensively they can replace what he gave them, but they replaced him with Marcus Morris, he's not nearly the defender Crowder is, and now when we play Cleveland, he'll play twice as hard against his old team. I agree with you about Tatum, Danny had a choice to give the Cavs Tatum or the Brooklyn pick, and even though that pick could be the first overall, I think he made the right decision, I saw a lot of Tatum in the Summer League and was very impressed, he looked like a 6 year vet, his offensive game is so advanced for a 19 year old, it's scary what he'll be in 4-5 years, but he's still a 19 year old rookie that's going to have to contribute to a contending team, most rookies drafted that high go to shit teams where there isn't as much pressure, but Tatum is expected to contribute right away, hopefully he's ready. I can't wait for the season to start, and guess who the C's play opening night, the Cavs

BigDeemer

EOG Dedicated

Raiders is a certified moron. He actually isn't trolling either. The guy has no right to talk basketball.

He should stick to bitcoin

I think they'll miss Crowder more than you think, they'll miss his toughness and leadership, and they'll miss his defense, offensively they can replace what he gave them, but they replaced him with Marcus Morris, he's not nearly the defender Crowder is, and now when we play Cleveland, he'll play twice as hard against his old team. I agree with you about Tatum, Danny had a choice to give the Cavs Tatum or the Brooklyn pick, and even though that pick could be the first overall, I think he made the right decision, I saw a lot of Tatum in the Summer League and was very impressed, he looked like a 6 year vet, his offensive game is so advanced for a 19 year old, it's scary what he'll be in 4-5 years, but he's still a 19 year old rookie that's going to have to contribute to a contending team, most rookies drafted that high go to shit teams where there isn't as much pressure, but Tatum is expected to contribute right away, hopefully he's ready. I can't wait for the season to start, and guess who the C's play opening night, the Cavs

Celtics are one of the few things where you do know what you're talking about.

BigDeemer

EOG Dedicated

Give me Giannis

[h=1]Cleveland Cavaliers: 3 Reasons Kyrie Irving Will Be an MVP[/h]

The Cleveland Cavaliers are an excellent team this season, sitting atop the East, but they wouldn’t be near as good without elite PG Kyrie Irving.
Kyrie Irving has grown up around this Cleveland Cavaliers team after his one injury-plagued season at Duke. In that time, he has matured into a player that has the potential to be the league’s MVP.
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/cleveland-cavaliers-3-reasons-kyrie-irving-will-be-an-mvp-010117

[TABLE="class: Grid, width: 1265"]

[TD="align: left"]Pending[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]11/1/17 12:00pm Basketball NBA Regular Season Props

Regular Season MVP 2017-2018 - Kyrie Irving +2250*

[/TD]

[/TABLE]

BigDeemer

EOG Dedicated

Kyrie will score a ton for Boston, while averaging <6 assists a game and playing zero defense.

I can see him averaging 28.8 ppg 4.4 assists

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran

Adding Jayson Tatum, Gordon Hayward an Kyrie Irving to your Roster in the same Summer? Danny Ainge wins. Incredible for C's future. Maybe Kevin Durant heads there at some point. As good as getting Prescott ad Elliott in same draft. Maybe better.

kane

EOG master

I'm hearing rumblings that the Cavs are concerned about IT's hip, this trade might not even happen