Lady with all the damn kids

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated
Who's going to pay for these 14 kids since she's unemployed? Better yet, who's going to take care of them?

I read today she's asking for 2 million per interview from Oprah and Diane Sawyer.

Re: Lady with all the damn kids

Many will call this a "medical disaster" and you and I will foot the bill for this.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

The government should not help that woman raise those kids.

But you know that won't happen.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

Can someone fill me in please?
Grandma: Octuplets mom obsessed with having kids

The woman who gave birth to octuplets this week conceived all 14 of her children through in vitro fertilization, is not married and has been obsessed with having children since she was a teenager, her mother said.

Angela Suleman told The Associated Press she was not supportive when her daughter, Nadya Suleman, decided to have more embryos implanted last year.

"It can't go on any longer," she said in a phone interview Friday. "She's got six children and no husband. I was brought up the traditional way. I firmly believe in marriage. But she didn't want to get married."

Nadya Suleman, 33, gave birth Monday in nearby Bellflower. She was expected to remain in the hospital for at least a few more days, and her newborns for at least a month.

A spokeswoman at Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Medical Center said the babies were doing well and seven were breathing unassisted.

While her daughter recovers, Angela Suleman is taking care of the other six children, ages 2 through 7, at the family home in Whittier, about 15 miles east of downtown Los Angeles.

She said she warned her daughter that when she gets home from the hospital, "I'm going to be gone."

Angela Suleman said her daughter always had trouble conceiving and underwent in vitro fertilization treatments because her fallopian tubes are "plugged up."

There were frozen embryos left over after her previous pregnancies and her daughter didn't want them destroyed, so she decided to have more children.

Her mother and doctors have said the woman was told she had the option to abort some of the embryos and, later, the fetuses. She refused.

Her mother said she does not believe her daughter will have any more children.

"She doesn't have any more (frozen embryos), so it's over now," she said. "It has to be."

Nadya Suleman wanted to have children since she was a teenager, "but luckily she couldn't," her mother said.

"Instead of becoming a kindergarten teacher or something, she started having them, but not the normal way," he mother said.

Her daughter's obsession with children caused Angela Suleman considerable stress, so she sought help from a psychologist, who told her to order her daughter out of the house.

"Maybe she wouldn't have had so many kids then, but she is a grown woman," Angela Suleman said. "I feel responsible and I didn't want to throw her out."

Yolanda Garcia, 49, of Whittier, said she helped care for Nadya Suleman's autistic son three years ago.

"From what I could tell back then, she was pretty happy with herself, saying she liked having kids and she wanted 12 kids in all," Garcia told the Long Beach Press-Telegram.

"She told me that all of her kids were through in vitro, and I said 'Gosh, how can you afford that and go to school at the same time?"' she added. "And she said it's because she got paid for it."

Garcia said she did not ask for details.

Nadya Suleman holds a 2006 degree in child and adolescent development from California State University, Fullerton, and as late as last spring she was studying for a master's degree in counseling, college spokeswoman Paula Selleck told the Press-Telegram.

Her fertility doctor has not been identified. Her mother told the Los Angeles Times all the children came from the same sperm donor but she declined to identify him.

Birth certificates reviewed by The Associated Press identify a David Solomon as the father for the four oldest children. Certificates for the other children were not immediately available.

The news that the octuplets' mother already had six children sparked an ethical debate. Some medical experts were disturbed to hear that she was offered fertility treatment, and troubled by the possibility that she was implanted with so many embryos.

Others worried that she would be overwhelmed trying to raise so many children and would end up relying on public support.

The eight babies ? six boys and two girls ? were delivered by Cesarean section weighing between 1 pound, 8 ounces and 3 pounds, 4 ounces. Forty-six physicians and staff assisted in the deliveries.

Six boys and two girls weighing between 1 and a half pounds and a little
more than 3 pounds each. Each baby will rack up $150,000 in neonatal and
birth expenses, which works out to a hefty bill of $1,200,000 before
they even leave the hospital. You can bet damn near all of it will be
paid by Medicaid (medical welfare, which is paid for dollars with your
wallet).

Classic example of "I want, I get". And it's one of the reasons the US
economy is falling to pieces. I want, I get, and YOU can pay for it.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

America is the land of opportunity, and here in Los Angeles County we have one woman who is ready to take any she can get. Nadya Suleman, the 33-year-old single mother of 14--including those headline-making octuplets born a week ago--has a proposition for the world: Make her a star...and pay for her children.

Suleman is already prepping to do television interviews with media powerhouse Oprah Winfrey and Good Morning America's Diane Sawyer, and hopes that her story compels companies to kick in with corporate sponsorships. High priority: Diapers, since she's going to be changing well over 250 of them a week for the next couple of years. Also, the woman who described herself as a "professional student" (and whose mother calls her "obsessed" with having kids) plans to have "a career as a television childcare expert," according to the Australian. Right now she's living off student loans and grants, and living in the Whittier home her parents bought her--right before they found themselves in so much debt they wound up declaring bankruptcy and moving in with her.

But Suleman's shining star might be a bit too tarnished. Not only did her own mother, Angela Suleman, paint her daughter in a less-than-flattering light, but details about the single mom's pregnancies, particularly this last one, are raising more than just eyebrows--they're raising some serious ethical questions.

All of Suleman's children were born through in vitro fertlilization, and there is speculation that she lied to her current doctor in order to be allowed to have her last 4 frozen embryos be planted. The 4 became 8 due to her hyperstimulated reproductive system, but "in choosing to carry all eight to term, Ms Suleman ignored guidelines, risking both their health and her own." Experts question the choice to implant so many, as well as remarked that IVF patients must pass a psychological evaluation before undergoing the procedure.

more: http://laist.com/2009/02/02/octuplet_mom_wants_2_millio... <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

cheapseats

EOG Master

wife teach's nursing at a local college, she had this broad for two semesters as a student.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

this nut job has a bachelors and masters from Cal State Fullerton - something all of us alums are tickled pink to hear

the doctor(s) need to be help accountable here, too. and YES - ALL of us will be paying for this until at least 2027

there aren't many words to describe this situation and HER. i guess she thought it woul dbe cool to have this many kids and that Mom/Dad would help out and that she would get book deals and money from interviews and all. but she is gonna find out that is NOT the case

as is usually the case in situations like this - THE KIDS are the MASSIVE losers here. the girls will grow up thinking it is OK to have kids at a young age and out of wedlock and the boys will be messed up because they won't have any male figure at all. just wait a few years until they start eating a lot - imagine what it will cost to feed them PER DAY let alone per week/month/year/etc

hope everyone here enjoys paying for her posse until late 2027 because we all know we are gonna be forced to do so

roseman

EOG Dedicated

She is a true dumb ass and the kids are the ones who suffer.

betedge

EOG Member

Who's going to pay for these 14 kids since she's unemployed? Better yet, who's going to take care of them?

I read today she's asking for 2 million per interview from Oprah and Diane Sawyer.
I think you might have answerd your own question. If she get's one of thiose interviews she will be fine for quite some time.

edge

I'm so glad someone brouight this up. This bitch makes me sick. If you can't take care of them, there are plenty of nice couples out there looking to adopt. I mean shit, she did this to herself. It's sad that the kids are the one to suffer. I, for one, would like to see Oprah refuse to interview her, but send baby clothes, gift cards for GROCERIES, etc. Don't give the bitch a dime.

Why is it such a hard concept? You don't go out and buy a car that you know damn well you can't make the payments on....and a car isn't a living, brathing, innocent creature that needs you to survive. Why would anyone pop out kids they can't afford? And why the FUCK are we paying for it? Hey, I know sometimes the little bundles of joy aren't planned. There are MANY good people who need welfare, food stamps, etc. to get through hard times. But this bitch already had 6 kids she couldn't take care of. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it cost tens of thousands of dollars to be implanted with eggs? Where the fuck did she get that money? She need to be strelized ASAP. The media needs to just ignore the ho. Seriously. They're just making it worse.

What kind of low life peice of shit uses her kids to guilt people into giving her millions?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

"Whittier mother Nadya Suleman and her eight week-old babies are entertaining offers from media outlets around the world as they decide who will land the first interview and snap the first pictures.

Suleman retained Los Angeles publicists Michael Furtney and Joann Killeen on Friday and since then, the agents said they had fielded dozens of interview requests and offers for book, film and television deals. Some media reports have speculated that Suleman might be paid as much as $2 million for an interview, but Furtney said, "The money itself is not the object."

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-octuplets3-2009...

Is this going to be a new industry? Make lots of babies and get paid for doing so?

"Money itself is not the object."

BULLSHIT. If it wasn't, she wouldn't have demanded $2 million. If she was concerned about her kids, she'd be hoping for someone to help her out with the essentials she needs. Didn't Maury or Oprah or someone hook the last parents of octuplets up? I remember them getting a big house, a van, diapers for a year, food, car seats, clothes, etc. It probably wasn't $2 million worth of stuff, bbut they were appreciative and touched by the generosity of strangers....not demanding it.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Heaven knows you don't want to ENCOURAGE this type of behaviour in society and by making her a celebrity (in a celebrity-driven youth society) that's just what you will do. Let her feed 14 mouths on her own. Good luck. She should be the poster child for what NOT to do, before any money gets sent her way. No $1M from People magazine either wanting pictures of them all. No way!

Exactly. Our society has formed this absurd habit of making people famous just for being famous. There are plenty of families struggling due to circumstances they had no control over. Let's help them.

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted

"All of Suleman's children were born through in vitro fertlilization, and there is speculation that she lied to her current doctor in order to be allowed to have her last 4 frozen embryos be planted."

Who paid for this? student loans and the welfare checks she was getting that was suppose to go to support her already living children.

My question, exactly, jwunderdog. I thought that cost at least $15K a pop. If each of her first six children were single births, that would be a grand total of $105K. That sure could buy a lot of diapers.

BUT, one of the articles said she got paid for it. IF, this happened as a result of some quack running a fertility study (which I highly doubt...I think the bitch is lying), then maybe HE should be financially responsible for these kids. He's the closets thing to a father they have, right?

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

February 3rd, 2009 4:38 PM Eastern
JUDGE NAPOLITANO: The Octuplets, Their Mom and the Law

<!-- --><!-- by -->
By Judge Andrew Napolitano
FOX News Senior Judicial Analyst

With new details emerging about the California mother who gave birth to octuplets, a list of ethical and legal questions is being raised and the answers may generate legal fallout for both her and the clinic that implanted the embryos.
The mother has done a positive good by bringing these children into the world. Life is superior to non-life. Human souls are eternal. Every human life is of potentially infinite value. The God who gave us life reflects His glory through each one of us.
The issue here is one of medical ethics. The ethical rules in this instance were drafted by the medical profession in order to protect the health and life of the babies and the mother. Since the basic medical ethics rule is ?First, do no harm,? and since this number of babies could do harm to the mother, the first legal inquiry is who did what. ? Who implanted the embryos and how many were implanted?
It is not unlikely that two or three frozen embryos were implanted into the mother, and that they naturally split into triplets and twins. Such an implantation in a healthy 33-year-old woman would not be violative of medical ethics. However, the knowing intentional implantation of eight embryos would violate medical ethics and subject the physician who did so to professional discipline. The severity of the discipline would depend on whether the mother or any of the babies suffers permanent injury.
While medical ethics are enforced by the courts of the states in which the physicians are licensed, they are not criminal procedures, and their enforcement is limited to affecting the physician?s professional privileges, not a loss of liberty or property.
It is my view that if the mother received three implants, a number that is acceptable from a medical ethics point of view, and the embryos split into triplets and twins, there is no medical ethics issue here and there is no charge of irresponsibility against the mother.
If, on the other hand, she did receive eight embryos, that could jeopardize her life and health as well as the life and health of the babies, since it is clearly unethical to perform that many implants. Nevertheless, I would argue, if the mother is now healthy and if the babies survive this post-natal period, then there is no harm and thus no foul.
Notwithstanding all of the above, the mother has done a positive good by bringing these children into the world. Life is superior to non-life. Human souls are eternal. Every human life is of potentially infinite value. The God who gave us life reflects His glory through each one of us.
Whatever the medical-ethical issues, there is no legal wrong doing on the part of the mother, as she is not subject to the jurisdiction of any state medical licensing boards, and there is no law prohibiting having 14 children. There may have been wrong doing on the part of the physicians. There is no actual legal limit on the number of embryo implantations permitted. However, the rules in all 50 states say you can?t implant such a number of frozen embryos that would jeopardize the life of the mother or the embryos to be carried to term. It?s a guideline.
So the question is who did what when? The government and the medical ethics authorities in California will subpoena the records of the fertility clinic where the procedure was done to verify how many embryos were implanted, whether or not the doctor violated medical ethics, and what the natural progression of Nadya Sulemans? body did to the embryos.
A large part of any legal recourse depends on whether Ms. Suleman had informed consent. It also depends on whether the physicians told her in writing and whether she understood the jeopardy to her body and to her babies of having eight implanted embryos. The good news is if she is healthy and if the eight babies are healthy, then any chance of a legal action fades away.
Judge Andrew Napolitano, who was on the bench of the Superior Court of New Jersey between 1987 and 1995, is the senior judicial analyst at the FOX News Channel. His latest book is ?A Nation of Sheep.?

Pioneer, you are so stupid. Jesus Fucking Christ! This idiot mother had declared bankruptcy 18 months ago, already had 6 kids, and had no husband. Do you really think it was wise for her to undergo fertility treatments to have MORE babies?? You ultra-conservatives don't seem to have a brain. Is it too late to abort you?

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Pioneer, you are so stupid. Jesus Fucking Christ! This idiot mother had declared bankruptcy 18 months ago, already had 6 kids, and had no husband. Do you really think it was wise for her to undergo fertility treatments to have MORE babies?? You ultra-conservatives don't seem to have a brain. Is it too late to abort you?

Who's stupid? I have not even expressed my thoughts on this issue, yet, and I have many. But you rail away at me for something Judge Napolitano says....I think that proves that you are indeed the stupid one!

ps. just like in your dispute with BetJam, you are indeed the stupid one!

bump for Kinosh....you're still a fucking idiot

pioneer like to hurl insults at other posters and then he immediately signs off until he can think of another insult and repeats.

Your God is dead, pioneer, but your title as EOG's most Holier-Than-Thou Poster (and jackass) remains untouched.

Yeah! Cuz, like women shouldn't be accountable for their own decisions and shit.

Oh, I'm not saying that, but the doctor implanted her with those eggs. That never should have happened. I mean, you need to jump through all kinds of hoops to adopt, why not to have an egg implanted?

The mother has done a positive good by bringing these children into the world. Life is superior to non-life. Human souls are eternal. Every human life is of potentially infinite value. The God who gave us life reflects His glory through each one of us.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

I needed that this morning. Positive good? God didn't give her those babies...a doctor did. You can't use God to defend this bitch, sorry. I haven't heard one story from her about doing this for God. She's doing this because she is bat shit crazy. Period.

pioneer like to hurl insults at other posters and then he immediately signs off until he can think of another insult and repeats.

Your God is dead, pioneer, but your title as EOG's most Holier-Than-Thou Poster (and jackass) remains untouched.

I agree, Beedo...for the most part. I'm not sure what pioneer is thinking about when he signs off, but he usually comes back with the same insult (fucking idiot), not another one...which is even funnier, IMO, than if he started coming up with anything original. :+textinb3

Blondie

EOG Master

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

I needed that this morning. Positive good? God didn't give her those babies...a doctor did. You can't use God to defend this bitch, sorry. I haven't heard one story from her about doing this for God. She's doing this because she is bat shit crazy. Period.

Is bat shit crazier than human shit? :+clueless

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I agree, Beedo...for the most part. I'm not sure what pioneer is thinking about when he signs off, but he usually comes back with the same insult (fucking idiot), not another one...which is even funnier, IMO, than if he started coming up with anything original. :+textinb3

Allow me to clarify...I would have thought it was pretty obvious what I was thinking when I signed off, ie. I have a life, I have other things to do, I can't stay here all day. I do comeback and answer any and all reasonable queries(which does eliminate beedo).

Now I have a question for you sweded....who insulted whom? Was it not kinosh who called me stupid? And even though you say I came back with the same insult, a quick perusal of my posts show that I reiterated the stupid insult at first and called kinosh a fucking idiot the 2nd time. You want some originality? How about you answer my question and actually read what I post and respond to it appropriately, not to what you erroneously think I posted?

Now I have a question for you sweded....who insulted whom?

Kinosh called you stupid.

Was it not kinosh who called me stupid?

Yes.

And even though you say I came back with the same insult, a quick perusal of my posts show that I reiterated the stupid insult at first and called kinosh a fucking idiot the 2nd time.

I wasn't speaking just about this tread. You're response to everything is to call someone a "fucking idiot" if they don't see things exactly as you do. Go ahead and peruse your own posts. I bet more than 60% of them include you calling someone a fucking idiot.

You want some originality?

Not really. I want you to go away.

How about you answer my question

Done.

and actually read what I post and respond to it appropriately, not to what you erroneously think I posted?

I don't need to respond to yoour post...or read it for that matter...the highlighted blue part was all I needed. I can fill in the blanks...blah blah blah....God....blah blah blah...life is a gift....blah blah blah...blessings.

Now, how about you post your thoughts on the topic since you were so quick to jump down kinosh's throat for responding to the article you posted and point out that you didn't write it.

By the by...we all knew you didn't write it. It was all spelled correctly and the author didn't call anyone a fucking idiot. We're smart like that.