Lakers coach Frank Vogel: No plans to start LeBron James at point guard

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
According to Second Spectrum, the three NBA players to move slowest on the defensive end of the floor last season were LeBron James, James Harden and Dirk Nowitzki.

LeBron turns 35 at the end of the year.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Zion is all force, no finesse.

He's a freak athletically but I need to some more nuance from his game.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Zion is all force, no finesse.

He's a freak athletically but I need to some more nuance from his game.

An analogy would be a high 90’s fastball with no movement. You need both, or top level pros will eventually expose your weakness.

Might explain why a team with 3 of the top 6 picks in the draft didn’t win the NCAA Championship, in fact they were almost beaten twice before finally being eliminated.

Overrated.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
An analogy would be a high 90’s fastball with no movement. You need both, or top level pros will eventually expose your weakness.

Might explain why a team with 3 of the top 6 picks in the draft didn’t win the NCAA Championship, in fact they were almost beaten twice before finally being eliminated.

Overrated.
This will continue at duke and UK also as long as they will recruit one-and-done players.

Heim

EOG Master
It's not that hard. Last year their lack of 3 point shooters made teams stuff the key. Lebron had no place to
go. This year space and have a shooter out there at all times.

MrTop

EOG Master
LeBron made a living driving past people . Probably the best I ever seen at that. Too big and fast. Now at 35 in December I don't know if he can do it. He will still have his passing skills so he still play ok but I don't put him on the top 10 in the NBA anymore after last season. He looked horrible on defense which is the first to go when you are old.. He will have to prove me wrong I don't think they can win the west. I put them behind a few teams right now.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Vogel won't last long if he doesn't learn to run things through Brick first.

Agree Top, throw in defense and there were 10 guys in the playoffs last year better than him.

Overall he's a top 25 player in the league, that's about it.

Anyone can see this by just watching the games:

According to Second Spectrum, the three NBA players to move slowest on the defensive end of the floor last season were LeBron James, James Harden and Dirk Nowitzki.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

According to Synergy, LBJ was a very good defender this year. He graded out as good or elite in most of their categories and his Overall Defensive Grade had him in the 90th Percentile.

#FACTS

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
According to Synergy, LBJ was a very good defender this year. He graded out as good or elite in most of their categories and his Overall Defensive Grade had him in the 90th Percentile.

#FACTS

According to Uncle Bred, who is a world renowned LBJ expert, these stats overstate his case but he was certainly a +Defender.