Lakers Got A Lot Better....

Heim

EOG Master
Harrell, Schroder and Matthews

Kings Bogdonavic on their radar too.

Obv Harrell and Leonard had issues. LAC not much
effort to keep.

NBA just like wrestling. Give it some time, you'll see some rumblings of a breakaway new league like you have in Europe with the big soccer clubs now. The top 12 or so franchises are going to be like why we sharing the gazillions of TV revenue we get with the other franchises.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Those first 2 can start on more than half the teams in the NBA. Leonard is a weirdo while Harrell was giving it his all like his death was near.

railbird

EOG Master
how about jr smith the murder who keeps getting speeding tickets after he murder someone with his car

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Marc Gasol lol. That's about as big an addition to the team as JR was. Isn't he nearing 40?

Turns 36 on January 29.

High basketball IQ in a league of dumb big men.

His smarts compensate for his age and diminishing athleticism.

Interesting to note: The Lakers drafted Pau's little brother 13 years ago.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Turns 36 on January 29.

It also gives AD time at the 4 (McGee & Howard gone), some rim protection and spreads the floor for LBJ.

Turns 36 on January 29.

Like literally the only thing they need is a rebounder and credible defense. Howard gave them that, I don't see Gasol being able to deliver the same. About all Gasol can do for the moment is force bigs to come out to defend him to the 3 point line where he's been decent. But he's got nothing left inside the paint.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
"Nothing left inside the paint" for Marc Gasol.

Good point, Wild Bill.

Gasol played a lot of minutes for a modest Memphis team over the first 11 years of his NBA career.

He's also been a member of Spain's national team since 2006.

A lot of mileage on those tires and that's why he's breaking down.

But he could be productive for 10-15 minutes a game in his quest for another championship ring because games are not won or lost inside the paint anymore.

Interesting note: In the 2014-15 NBA season, Marc Gasol joined LeBron James and Anthony Davis as first team All-NBA performers.

Steph Curry and James Harden completed the first team.

Heim

EOG Master
There is no doubt they will miss Dwight Howard's defense in the paint. He took Jokic off his game in the series with
some bully defense and the dude can still change shots in the lane. I'm not sure what happened. He tweeted he was
re-signing with Lakers, one hour later he was a 76er.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
There is no doubt they will miss Dwight Howard's defense in the paint. He took Jokic off his game in the series with
some bully defense and the dude can still change shots in the lane. I'm not sure what happened. He tweeted he was
re-signing with Lakers, one hour later he was a 76er.

Daryl Morey and Doc Rivers courted Howard.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
“The reason why I was so locked in on Philly is that Doc was the only coach who called me during this free agency process,” said Howard. “The first one to call me and he said ‘We want you. We want you on our team.’ Then Daryl (Morey) called, and I said this is where I need to be right now. This is where my journey is calling me. I was super happy that Doc called me and gave me an opportunity and I told him ‘yes’.”

Source: USA Today

railbird

EOG Master
maybe jk or heim can answer this. Why does an overrated dirtbag like nico mannion get drafted in 1st round , and a clutch shooter and bucket getter like Myles Powell go undrafted