Lasik eye scam

Valuist

EOG Master
I got Lasik in 2001. But they told me eventually I would at least need reading glasses and the best they could get my vision was 20-30 (it was around 20-300 and 20-350 prior to Lasik). Worked fine until around 2010 when I had to finally get reading glasses. Then contact lenses in 2011. Since 2012 I cannot drive without either glasses or contacts. My vision is around 20-150 now but still not as bad as pre-Lasik. And I used to get pink eye about once a year pre-Lasik and haven't had it since.

I know they are getting better at the process over time. It used to be they didn't want to perform the procedure on anyone over 40 years of age. Now, apparently they can.

kane

EOG master
I wear contacts, have for a long time, I'm way to scared to get the lasik thing done, the thought of a laser on my eyeball freaks me the fuck out, heard some bad stories about it

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'm also a contact lens wearer.

Every now and then, I'll give my eyes a two or three-day break by wearing glasses.

Never seriously considered the Lasik procedure.

Prices really vary.

MrTop

EOG Master
I wear contacts, have for a long time, I'm way to scared to get the lasik thing done, the thought of a laser on my eyeball freaks me the fuck out, heard some bad stories about it

good move. When doctors say patients are laying -120 both sides stay away

blueline

EOG Master
Thought about it off and on for years....need my contacts to drive or do anything.....just can't get myself to do it....don't want to mess with my eyes.
Someone I know did it last year...was blind in one eye till another procedure weeks later...no thanks

railbird

EOG Master
I play tennis with a lasik surgeon, he needs it but wont get it because he says its not worth the risk, but yet he performs them

Seems most appropriate for someone that isn't too very visually challenged and not quite middle-aged.... whatever that is?

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Seems most appropriate for someone that isn't too very visually challenged and not quite middle-aged.... whatever that is?

Doug has come full circle, weaving his middle-age thread with MrTop's thread on the risks of Lasik.

Back to the topic that links us all: Bet 668 BUTLER +2 tomorrow and thank me later.

Game tips at 3:45 p.m. ET.

kane

EOG master
Doug has come full circle, weaving his middle-age thread with MrTop's thread on the risks of Lasik.

Back to the topic that links us all: Bet 668 BUTLER +2 tomorrow and thank me later.

Game tips at 3:45 p.m. ET.

Horrendous way to lose John, can't believe that shot went in