Laugh now, in 2008 the Marlins will be loaded

Sober Leprechaun

EOG Enthusiast
They just got 3 more live arms from the Cubs for Pierre. This team is stockpiling arms like JJ stockpiles twinkies.

In 2008, the Las Vegas Green Doberman (formerly known as the Florida Marlins) will celebrate their inaugural year in Sin City with a World Series Championship in sold out Oscar Goodman Stadium (brought to you by Bombay Sapphire, of course).

FadeThis1

EOG Member
I can only hope. Screw all these doubters, I will quickly forget my allegiances to the Padres and root on the Las Vegas Whatevers to the championship! Of course in typical Vegas fashion some dopes who do nothing but bet on it will be whining about how we used to get to watch 4 teams on TV here and with a team of our own we only get one.

The crap about trading players away is funny. They never win the second title if they didn't clean house after the first one. The first time around they got less in return than they are getting this time as well.

dirty

EOG Master
I can Remember these Years of Eternal Optimism As a Braves fan in the 80's......But optimism always turns into eat shit and Die for the Fans.....Especially when they don't show up to the Ballpark:hung