LaVar Ball Pulls LaMelo From High School

Heim

EOG Master
Not sure I like this precedent. He will be home schooled & according to dad 'become one of the best basketball players ever'. Kid will play on dad's traveling basketball team. LeMelo currently a junior at Chino Hills High.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated
Re: LaVar Ball Pulls LeMelo From High School

I don't understand. How can UCLA accept someone that doesn't graduate high school? Clearly will be ineligible with the NCAA, right?

Heim

EOG Master

I don't understand. How can UCLA accept someone that doesn't graduate high school? Clearly will be ineligible with the NCAA, right?

You get a high school equivalent diploma as long as the district approves the curriculum. Now grades & SAT are a different matter. Nonetheless it looks like one & done or international for a year is the goal. Too bad...high school provides the best memories & friends.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

I don't even understand those AAU games. The highlights I have seen there is literally no defense by either team.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Besides black folk, does anyone really care about the Ball family? I doubt it. ESPN likes to pretend they do.

railbird

EOG Master

most college tennis teams have home schooled kids, about 40pct of most rosters

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

Is home schooling a path to success;and who needs vaccines too really,there are so many now a days...

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Home schooling is a fkn joke.

But the social part of school is what he is going to miss. What is the hurry to make him an adult

Also it looks like lavar is trying to make this one better than the other two. Especially lonzo who trashed the quality of the bbb shoe. Dad is out for the "look how great you could have been if you listened to me" to lonzo thru this one.

Just sad.

Why not say fk it and go play in europe right now. Aau is a waste of time and doesnt develop any understanding of basketball.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heim

EOG Master
I watched Lonzo's game the other night. Same ol' Lonzo. Which means the same in store for Lomelo. They peak early because of all the games they play very little room for improvement.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I watched Lonzo's game the other night. Same ol' Lonzo. Which means the same in store for Lomelo. They peak early because of all the games they play very little room for improvement.

Any chance their ages were manipulated?

Remember Danny Almonte.

He was a stud in Little League.

Only one problem...he was 14.

I remember when Carmelo Anthony asked LeBron James early in his NBA career, "How old are you, really?"

Oh, by the way, Danny Almonte is now 32.

Peppa

EOG Member
The social learning skills are just as important at that age. You can’t get that with home schooling.

That's for sure. Studying at home you get less social communication. With home schooling, there is no talk of discipline. Students relax. Moreover, they do not even do their homework on their own, but order it on a special service. I know what I'm saying, because during a pandemic I experienced this on myself. I started to be lazy and delegated all my homework research paper services It is very convenient, I even received praise from teachers and good grades, but I did not add any knowledge from this!

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
The bitch is back! LaVar voicing his opinion after LaMelo pulled after 16 minutes last out with 7 turnovers.

LeMelo needs more minutes!

I wonder if the Jordan and Ball one on one will materialize? Didn't he say he could take the GOAT?

By the way, worth watching (YouTube) is a former Princeton player, now a investment banker, who beat
Jordan one on one (up to three) at one of those rich guys camps in Vegas.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Is there a market for old-man basketball like old-man boxing?

Hmmm...

If so, gambling should be a big part of it.

I got a kick out of Charles Barkley's foot race against referee Dick Bavetta back in 2007.

The race took place at the Thomas & Mack Center.

The 43-year-old Barkley beat the 67-year-old Bavetta.

The hype was so much better than the actual event.

Heim

EOG Master
LeMelo started great! But is starting to read the press clippings. He's Pistol Pete with athleticism but
without the shot.

Picked very high for a guy that really never faced anything close to this level of comp.