LeBron James speaks

blueline

EOG Master
LeBron James on Capitol breach: 'We live in two Americas' | NBA.com

“We live in two Americas and a prime example of that was yesterday. If you don’t understand or see that then you need to take a step back. Not just one step but four or five or even 10 steps backward,” James said Thursday night after the Los Angeles Lakers lost to the San Antonio Spurs 118-109. “How do you want your kids or grandkids to live in this beautiful country? Yesterday was not it. I couldn’t help but to wonder if those were my kind storming the Capitol what would have been the outcome. We all know what would have happened if anyone even got close let alone storm or get in the offices.”

You will never understand the feeling of being a black man and woman in America,” James said. “Do you understand how hard it is to continue to inspire and give everything we got? Everyone jumps on the bandwagon of what we provide, what we bring. How we dress, our music, our culture, our food. Everyone steals from what we do and then they want to act like we did it or brought it to this world. We don’t get our due diligence or anything back to his country except a slap in the face.”

“He doesn’t care about this country or his family. We saw the tweets along the whole path to this destruction. Over the last four years we all knew,” he said. “One thing you can never get back is time. We’ve literally just (thrown) away four years.”

“Yesterday was shameful. We are supposed to be setting an example for all other countries on how to run things and change the world and yesterday we looked like a third-, fourth-, fifth-world country. It was embarrassing.”

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who also hasn’t held back in expressing his views about President Trump, said he believed Trump enjoyed Wednesday’s insurrection.

“I believe with all my heart that Trump enjoyed it,” Popovich said 90 minutes before tipoff. “They talked about the police and how easy it was and the barriers were pulled and they just walked right in. That doesn’t happen unless there’s a wink and a nod somewhere. That just doesn’t happen. It’s never happened at any protest anybody’s ever been to.

“That’s why I don’t think it’s so far fetched for people to start talking about the 25th amendment. We know it probably won’t happen.”

Heim

EOG Master
In California most people are worried about paying bills and surviving. Nobody gets alarmed if
a black guy is mowing the lawn next door. Media has created the division more than Trump ever
did.

Check the real numbers with small business loans, you'll be surprised how many blacks are
on the books. They bend over backwards for minorities even if their economic status
is borderline.

I respect Pops....but he's getting on my last nerve.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I expect athletes/celebrities to start getting involved in national politics by running for office.

I can see LeBron James or Steph Curry or Megan Rapinoe running for President one day.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
I expect athletes/celebrities to start getting involved in national politics by running for office.

I can see LeBron James or Steph Curry or Megan Rapinoe running for President one day.

Awesome. They seem to care about the welfare of the country, the working class and less fortunate more then the current occupants of the WH and Congress. Progress is being made slowly. Now is not the time to go backwards. And recently it obvious the country has become more educated. Yesterday Betsy Devos resigned. Leaving behind a horrible legacy. Sued more times than any education Sec. in the past. Her mandate as Education Secretary was to destroy public education and make private education more profitable for the riches Americans, the owners and the Republicon donors.

railbird

EOG Master

In California most people are worried about paying bills and surviving. Nobody gets alarmed if
a black guy is mowing the lawn next door. Media has created the division more than Trump ever
did.

Check the real numbers with small business loans, you'll be surprised how many blacks are
on the books. They bend over backwards for minorities even if their economic status
is borderline.

I respect Pops....but he's getting on my last nerve.
there is very few blacks in southern calif, they have been run off by hispanics and asians. i go weeks at a time without seeing them, lebron isnt liked by blacks in socal. most blacks live in inglewood, compton is all hispanic now

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Sometimes you really do want him to shut up and dribble...

Agreed.

LBJ, just STFU and dribble, you do that better than anyone has ever done it in the history of the World.. However, that doesn't make you some Fucking Ambassador.

Don't get me wrong, he can say whatever he wants, I just wish he was more thoughtful and educated about the things he does say, sometimes.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
LBJ is stopped by a cop in Beverly Hills and a white kid is stopped in Compton, which one is more likely to be harrassed?

Hey, LBJ, the Heat beat you guys 4-2 in last years Finals..... This is what Trump has to deal with. Trump kicked ass and got his ass thrown out.

railbird

EOG Master
now i know why jorf
LeBron James on Capitol breach: 'We live in two Americas' | NBA.com

“We live in two Americas and a prime example of that was yesterday. If you don’t understand or see that then you need to take a step back. Not just one step but four or five or even 10 steps backward,” James said Thursday night after the Los Angeles Lakers lost to the San Antonio Spurs 118-109. “How do you want your kids or grandkids to live in this beautiful country? Yesterday was not it. I couldn’t help but to wonder if those were my kind storming the Capitol what would have been the outcome. We all know what would have happened if anyone even got close let alone storm or get in the offices.”

You will never understand the feeling of being a black man and woman in America,” James said. “Do you understand how hard it is to continue to inspire and give everything we got? Everyone jumps on the bandwagon of what we provide, what we bring. How we dress, our music, our culture, our food. Everyone steals from what we do and then they want to act like we did it or brought it to this world. We don’t get our due diligence or anything back to his country except a slap in the face.”

“He doesn’t care about this country or his family. We saw the tweets along the whole path to this destruction. Over the last four years we all knew,” he said. “One thing you can never get back is time. We’ve literally just (thrown) away four years.”

“Yesterday was shameful. We are supposed to be setting an example for all other countries on how to run things and change the world and yesterday we looked like a third-, fourth-, fifth-world country. It was embarrassing.”

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who also hasn’t held back in expressing his views about President Trump, said he believed Trump enjoyed Wednesday’s insurrection.

“I believe with all my heart that Trump enjoyed it,” Popovich said 90 minutes before tipoff. “They talked about the police and how easy it was and the barriers were pulled and they just walked right in. That doesn’t happen unless there’s a wink and a nod somewhere. That just doesn’t happen. It’s never happened at any protest anybody’s ever been to.

“That’s why I don’t think it’s so far fetched for people to start talking about the 25th amendment. We know it probably won’t happen.”
if you polled anonomously every american and honestly, 65pct were glad to see it, would love to see some blood stained politicians, but more so their donors and big tech

kane

EOG master
[QUOTE="railbird, post: 7678214, member: 22531"]there is very few blacks in southern calif, they have been run off by hispanics and asians. i go weeks at a time without seeing them, lebron isnt liked by blacks in socal. most blacks live in inglewood, compton is all hispanic now[/QUOTE]

I know I shouldn't keep making fun of illiteracy, but he makes it so damn easy

boston massacre

EOG Master
James Has Never in His Life, Been Brave Enough To Protect The Innocent, From PUNKS, That Wander The Streets of Society.

Nor, Would James Ever Have The GUTS, After His Playing Career, To Work as a Protector of The Innocent, From The PUNKS in Society.

cheapseats

EOG Master
there is very few blacks in southern calif, they have been run off by hispanics and asians. i go weeks at a time without seeing them, lebron isnt liked by blacks in socal. most blacks live in inglewood, compton is all hispanic now
Bellflower, Moreno Valley, San Bernardino.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Awesome. They seem to care about the welfare of the country, the working class and less fortunate more then the current occupants of the WH and Congress. Progress is being made slowly. Now is not the time to go backwards. And recently it obvious the country has become more educated. Yesterday Betsy Devos resigned. Leaving behind a horrible legacy. Sued more times than any education Sec. in the past. Her mandate as Education Secretary was to destroy public education and make private education more profitable for the riches Americans, the owners and the Republicon donors.
When do globalists care about the country? He likes his Chinese money.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I appreciate GameBred's views on LeBron James.

GameBred is able to thread the needle between LeBron the Player and LeBron the Social Activist.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
When do globalists care about the country? He likes his Chinese money.

A bright like is being shined on the link between Antifa and the right wing playbook of false talking points and deflecting. Shame on you! You're too good, too smart to be a sucker! Distance yourself is my advice.