Lebron & The Scoring Record...

kane

EOG master
He'll be the NBA's all time leading scorer, and scoring isn't his best skill, let that sink in, also top 5 all time is assists, there will be many more great players, there will never be another LeBron James

Heim

EOG Master
Interesting what Larry Bird said re difference between MJ versus Lebron:

With Michael you win, with Lebron you have fun.....

kane

EOG master
I don't know, LeBron has done his share of winning too, he doesn't have 6, but 4 ain't bad

Heim

EOG Master
I don't know, LeBron has done his share of winning too, he doesn't have 6, but 4 ain't bad

Yes, both win, I think Bird based on what he hears and knows, Jordan was no walk in the park to play with.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
LeBron arrived in the NBA using force over finesse.

He developed finesse over time.

It took a long time for him to find his shot.

He stole the one-footed fadeaway from Dirk.

I loved LeBron's defense.

He was a demon when he got in a crouch.

Yet he also understood that defense doesn't sell tickets, nor does it bring eyeballs to the television set.

I liked the championship he won as a decided underdog against the Warriors in the 2016 NBA Finals.

The three best NBA hoopsters I've ever seen: Jordan, Kobe and LeBron, in that order.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Yes, both win, I think Bird based on what he hears and knows, Jordan was no walk in the park to play with.
Interesting. Lebron played in an era where you pick your own five like it’s Joe’s Pizza and Subs Thursday night rec team. And yet far more of Lebron’s generation of talents, ran from the opportunity. And those who did play with him, I dunno, but fun never seemed to be the conversation topic.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Interesting. Lebron played in an era where you pick your own five like it’s Joe’s Pizza and Subs Thursday night rec team. And yet far more of Lebron’s generation of talents, ran from the opportunity. And those who did play with him, I dunno, but fun never seemed to be the conversation topic.

And those who did play with him, I dunno, but fun never seemed to be the conversation topic.

That's Because It Always Had To Be About The Self Centered LeBron.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
He'll be the NBA's all time leading scorer, and scoring isn't his best skill.....
What's his best skill? Passing?

The thing he's the very best at is turning the ball over. He has done it more than anyone in the history of the NBA.

In fact as of today only 5 others who ever played are within 1000 turnovers of where he is and the distance is growing every game!

That's what you get when a big man wants to play point in order to build up his stats.

When I think back to his career it will be mostly negative.....

Hustling around to find enough superstars to get titles, the KING at turning the ball over and crying about the refs at unprecedented levels.

Nowhere near a top 10 player in my lifetime.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

The thing he's the very best at is turning the ball over. He has done it more than anyone in the history of the NBA.

In fact as of today only 5 others who ever played are within 1000 turnovers of where he is and the distance is growing every game!

That's what you get when a big man wants to play point in order to build up his stats.

Hustling around to find enough superstars to get titles, the KING at turning the ball over and crying about the refs at unprecedented levels.

You have a valid point….in my view closer to ten than one, two, or three….

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
You have a valid point….in my view closer to ten than one, two, or three….

Exactly where I stand.

And yes Archie is right, the longevity is amazing and to me that is what speaks more about his points than anything else.

4 or 5 just in the top 10 would have more if they played longer and/or shot as much as he has.

And to pass Kareem for example Brick is benefiting with over 2230 points more from the 3 point line than Kareem had. That doesn't hurt either.

No college and to play as along as he has for sure helps in this points title, just as it takes away in his turnover championship.

I don't for see anyone ever giving the ball away to the other team as often or as long as Brick has in his career.

Nice player overall but it's laughable when someone tries to make a case for #1.

You haven't watched much basketball if he's the best you've ever seen play.

We move on.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Yep, you're right Dino. Did you have to look it up or did you know it?

I looked it up, he went 1 for 18 in his career, 6% from 3-land. Might should have stuck to his hook shot. :)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Unlike LeBron, Harold Miner did not meet expectations.

His nickname was "Baby Jordan."

Miner, like LeBron, played for both the Heat and the Cavs.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

LeBron didn’t whine tonight when the Lakers went to the free throw line 14 times in the fourth quarter compared to zero for Indiana….on the Pacers floor

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
total turnovers not really a great metric to knock a player down on

the all time list is pretty much all hall of famers or future hall of famers through the top 30 players in that stat

you have to be very good for a long time and get a lot of minutes and have the ball in your hand a lot

Kobe and Stockton are 5th and 6th all time in turnovers

boston massacre

EOG Master

crying about the refs at unprecedented levels.

And How Many Calls Went His Way, That Were Not Fouls ?

Heim

EOG Master
As great as he is, it was a little embarrassing how he acted after the no call in Boston. Matter of fact, anything he misses close to the hoop is a stare down to the refs. Still a diva.

Ray Donovan

EOG Member
Heim, Kane, Mr Kelly, Computer Bob, some of u other top 15/20 basketball 🏀 posters who know the game, what's ur top 10/20 basketball players of all time, & I'm talking about to win ? & why do u feel that way , thx

MrTop

EOG Master
total turnovers not really a great metric to knock a player down on

the all time list is pretty much all hall of famers or future hall of famers through the top 30 players in that stat

you have to be very good for a long time and get a lot of minutes and have the ball in your hand a lot

Kobe and Stockton are 5th and 6th all time in turnovers

yep also

I think LeBron's passing strength cross court is the best I have ever seen. I also think MJ had better players on his team overall.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
1675623623419.png

I have to think over might have some value, maybe a little lower at other shops. Above is Pinny.

I would think teammates will go out of their way to feed him the ball. And I would think James doesn't want to carry this over until Thursday.

kane

EOG master
Heim, Kane, Mr Kelly, Computer Bob, some of u other top 15/20 basketball 🏀 posters who know the game, what's ur top 10/20 basketball players of all time, & I'm talking about to win ? & why do u feel that way , thx
This is interesting, coming up with the top 10 all time, I'll have to do some thinking and get back to you on this

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I gave my top 3 with Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James.

Two other names quickly come to mind: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Steph Curry.

Both players changed the game with unstoppable shots.

boston massacre

EOG Master
I gave my top 3 with Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James.

Two other names quickly come to mind: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Steph Curry.

Both players changed the game with unstoppable shots.

Both players changed the game

Game Has Never Changed

You Put The Ball Thru The Hoop.