LET'S HAVE a MOMENT OF SILENT MEDITATION...

For all you Red Sox Fans!!! :hung

The CURSE of the BAMBINO is alive and well...:+sports2-

However, can someone please explain to me what would happen if CLEVELAND & BOSTON were to TIE with identical Regular Season records?

Also, can someone enlighten me on how all the WILD CARD scenarios play out?

Thanks,

THE SHRINK

1. If Boston wins and Cleveland loses, Boston gets wild card
2. If both of them lose or win, Boston wins wild card
3. If Cleveland wins and Boston loses, playoff game on monday at Fenway
4. If Yankees "allow" Boston to win, Bosox will win ALCS in 7... in Yankee Stadium :+excited-

M$M

dirty

EOG Master
Then the series are set no matter what

Best Record plays WildCard
Whitesox will play Boston/Cle

NY will play the Angels no matter what

IN NL

ATL gets SD No matter what And SL gets the WC winner PHi/Hous

Sucks ass when the WC has the better record than the Division winner But that is how it will be done unless Baseball changes it so Div Rivals can't play in the First round

If red sox win they are in Cle needs win and BoSox loss to make a WC card...I am not happy.

Bases loaded two days in a row in one runs games and they lose both.

Jay

EOG Member
Can someone explain this quote from AP news:

The Yankees' victory, their 16th in 20 games, clinched a playoff berth, and they took the division because Cleveland lost 4-3 to the Chicago White Sox a few minutes earlier.

What does whatever happened in the clev/chic game matter who wins the division title in the AL East?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Jay said:
Can someone explain this quote from AP news:

The Yankees' victory, their 16th in 20 games, clinched a playoff berth, and they took the division because Cleveland lost 4-3 to the Chicago White Sox a few minutes earlier.

What does whatever happened in the clev/chic game matter who wins the division title in the AL East?

yanks have 66 losses, bosox 67 and now indians 68

for argument's sake - let's say boston and cleveland win sunday giving yanks/boston 67 losses and indians 68

indians are OUT - no argument - right?

that means yanks/sox finished tied for 1st place BUT BOTH would still get in - agree?

since this is the case of BOTH teams getting in - MLB would rather NOT play the extra game and "move on" to the next round so since BOTH teams are ASSURED a playoff spot - season series determines the winner - and that is the yankees - and then boston gets the w/c berth

Jay

EOG Member
winkyduck said:
yanks have 66 losses, bosox 67 and now indians 68

for argument's sake - let's say boston and cleveland win sunday giving yanks/boston 67 losses and indians 68

indians are OUT - no argument - right?

that means yanks/sox finished tied for 1st place BUT BOTH would still get in - agree?

since this is the case of BOTH teams getting in - MLB would rather NOT play the extra game and "move on" to the next round so since BOTH teams are ASSURED a playoff spot - season series determines the winner - and that is the yankees - and then boston gets the w/c berth

Thanks for the explanation -- very confusing , but I think i get it now. lol

MLM

EOG Member
Dirty, the WC winner can't play the winner of its division until the 2nd round. If Philly wins the WC, they'll play St. Louis. If Houston wins, St. Louis will play SD.

In the AL it will be Boston vs White Sox, or Cleveland vs NY depending on tomorrow.