Lets not go 0-2

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Re: Lets not go 0-2

Did I actually win Baylor or did i see the score wrong..?

And people wonder why I prefer horses....

If that score is correct, I'll roll the 8 dimes on 2 more in this thread

ND was brutal...

Congrats Doughboy!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

You won the game you should've lost and lost the game you should've won.

That's gambling.

Nice call on Baylor. Obviously the other game could have gone either way. Both teams committed crucial turnovers (FSU's fumble ran back for a TD, ND's interception in the end zone and also around their own 20 yard line). Both teams suffered key injuries (Michael Floyd and Greg Reid).

What do you like today?

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Nice call on Baylor. Obviously the other game could have gone either way. Both teams committed crucial turnovers (FSU's fumble ran back for a TD, ND's interception in the end zone and also around their own 20 yard line). Both teams suffered key injuries (Michael Floyd and Greg Reid).

What do you like today?

I played Tulsa on the open as well as Iowa St....Might take Wake +7....I'll post here whatever I do. See if I can make a run. You like anything..?

I don't have any plays on CFB today yet, but if Wake got to +7 at my outs I like it. I do like Over 137' UCF/Rhode Island. I was anticipating an O/U in the 140's on that game.

And I'll add Under 126 Texas Tech/SE Louisana here so I, too, hopefully avoid going 0-2.

Looking forward to your posts, Ray.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

GL w ur action. Wake is +7 at two of my outs and a local. I just played them for small money at one spot. Looking at Gulfstream now..

We'll save the 8 dimes for tomorrow

Ray Luca

EOG Master

So I split then down 1 position w UCLA

One play Wisconsin +5 -103 @pinny 4 dimes

more if we win ....

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

I hope you don't really have 4 dimes on the Badgers, Ray...I've been on this team all year and they're infuriating. I can't imagine betting that much on Bielama against Kelly.

On the Ducks myself.

I'm on Wisconsin +4'. I like how they match-up on the line of scrimmage, how the Pac-12 has looked this bowl season, and think Wisconsin has a real shot of winning this game outright.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

To me, the hallmark of a losing gambler (not referring specifically to you, Luca) is one who has the opportunity bet a line all week but doesn't for whatever reason. And then on gameday they come in and bet it at 1+ point worse than what it had been sitting at all week.

I made Wisco +2, so sure +4.5 or +5 is probably a good bet in my mind but I would have passed if I didn't bet the +6.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

I never make the play in that situation. Someone can argue (and it would have merit) that if there's still value left in the play then you're supposed to pull the trigger. Maybe so, but my personal philosophy is I never knowingly take a line that is worse then what I could have gotten. If I guess wrong on what the line does I'm off the game, I'll wait for the next one.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Oregon -4

Us squares get to win sometimes too

Unless Oregon pulls a Richt and doesnt try to put them away here

Ray Luca

EOG Master

To me, the hallmark of a losing gambler (not referring specifically to you, Luca) is one who has the opportunity bet a line all week but doesn't for whatever reason. And then on gameday they come in and bet it at 1+ point worse than what it had been sitting at all week.

I made Wisco +2, so sure +4.5 or +5 is probably a good bet in my mind but I would have passed if I didn't bet the +6.

I made it +3....not looking good anyway

I ask cause I respect your opinion on these market questions. You are miles ahead of me at ur age. When I was 18 (26 yrs ago and I know ur a little older) things were very different. You would call on gameday between noon and 2pm and between 6 and 7:30 for the evening action. I generally agree w your answer....

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Yeah I agree Pat. Missing the opener is one thing, but I could never bet Dallas +2 two hours before the game if it was +3.5 all week. You see this all the time on the forums during bowl games.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Took 2 seconds to spike the ball?

I agree Tim. Even if it's a "good capper" and they take the +2 they have no shot at winning in the long term. It's just impossible.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

I understand the whole don't bet if there was ever a better number available. But what if the line here would have closed +3. The +6 guys are long term winners but what about the +5 guys? Are they in the same boat as the +4 and +3 players...?

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

If you love a side and it had been +6 all week but you get +5 I don't think that's a huge no-no. Yes, you're giving up value, but with such a high total and at that number I don't think it's much.

I think the general idea though, and of course it's one I agree with, is that if you liked Wisconsin, why didn't you bet it at +6? If you truly expected it to go up I guess I can see waiting, but looking at that number for three weeks and then deciding to bet it right before the game after you've lost some value is just the sign of a degenerate looking for action, not a sharp player that really has insight on the game and an angle he thinks is missing from the line.

Ducks open next season in the top 3, btw. What a great team and coach.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I think FSU should contend for a national title next year

FSU has virtually no one graduating. Get Clemson and Florida at home next year

No excuses for Jimbo next year. None. Lots of soph-jr talent from the recruiting last few years

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Oh yeah, FSU will be top 5 preseason for sure and while a lot will laugh and say it's unwarranted, they're overrated, etc., based on what they bring back they should be top 5. Sooo much talent and experience returning.

I'll be making relatively large futures wages on both FSU and Oregon to win it all next year. One of them should at least be playing in the title game.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

looked it up 2012 FSU non-conference

Murray St
WVU
at S Florida
Florida

while the last 3 are not easy, I think they go 4-0 there

Ray Luca

EOG Master

is just the sign of a degenerate looking for

My name is Ray Luca and I'm a degenerate gambler.

A quick 8 so they finished me up in college.

Another 8 for the NFL next week. I am actually excited about it as I tweaked my power ratings all year and will post all "my" lines for every NFL playoff games and my bets. I really think these will be very powerful predictive numbers. If not i'm hiring someone for that contract I talked about last year. And somebody here will get a free ride...