List of sports you only watch because of gambling

railbird

EOG Master
I would only watch half the golf I current watch and tennis if not for gambling. some 4th qtr college football, LLWS final only if Japan in it. And that's it. Would never watch basketball or mlb.

With the exception of a championship/playoffs or occasional top match up. NBA, NCAA hoops, NHL, Tennis, Golf. A lot has to do with added free time available although NFL is a must. Watch 99% of the NFL games. Multiple TV's, DirecTV and NitroTV.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Just the opposite of RAIDERS.

I find the NFL boring.

Every game looks the same to me.

And after an exciting day of college football, NFL Sundays are a snoozefest.

Heim

EOG Master
I couldn't wait for the Bengal game to go over so I could turn to Keeping Up With The Kardashians......

pippy

EOG Addicted
Golf and Tennis only..no interest anywhere else if not for gambling..

Last edited:

MrTop

EOG Master
I can't watch the games like I use to. MLB and NFL I could watch a little without money. I watch the screen scores & lines more than the tv when there is money on it.

E$

EOG Dedicated
I would not watch anything but golf and football if there was no gambling, probably wouldn’t watch much of those either.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Time of day is most important for me. Typically, nights is when I'll watch, mainly because there's nothing else worth watching.

UFC, NBA, MLB. Only 3 I would watch and in that order. Don't give two shits about football anymore. This was the exact opposite for me 10 years ago

Hockey I'll watch anything. Everything else I'll watch the local teams on occasion. No idea who would watch August baseball if there was no money involved, but some amazingly lame people sit and listen to that shit on the radio as if its entertainment. Must be some kind of undiagnosed mental illness.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Hockey I'll watch anything. Everything else I'll watch the local teams on occasion. No idea who would watch August baseball if there was no money involved, but some amazingly lame people sit and listen to that shit on the radio as if its entertainment. Must be some kind of undiagnosed mental illness.

Funny, very funny.