LIV Golf

Bushay

NHL Expert
Thank you for your service 45.

Trump Ignores 9/11 Families, Urges Golfers to Play for Saudi-Backed Tour​

Former President Donald Trump doubled down on his support for a Saudi Arabia-backed golf tour at one of his golf courses on Monday amid criticism from the families of 9/11 victims.

Trump's golf course in Bedminster, New Jersey, is set to host the LIV Golf Invitational, funded by Saudi Arabia, from July 29 to 31. However, the tournament provoked the ire of 9/11 families, who are taking issue with the former president hosting the tournament over Saudi Arabia's alleged role in the September 11, 2001, terrorist attack, which claimed the lives of nearly 3,000 people.

"We simply cannot understand how you could agree to accept money from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's golf league to host their tournament at your golf course, and to do so in the shadows of ground zero in New Jersey, which lost over 700 residents during the attacks," the group, 9/11 Justice, wrote in a letter, which was first reported by The New York Times, to Trump on Sunday.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Thank you for your service 45.

Trump Ignores 9/11 Families, Urges Golfers to Play for Saudi-Backed Tour​

Former President Donald Trump doubled down on his support for a Saudi Arabia-backed golf tour at one of his golf courses on Monday amid criticism from the families of 9/11 victims.

Trump's golf course in Bedminster, New Jersey, is set to host the LIV Golf Invitational, funded by Saudi Arabia, from July 29 to 31. However, the tournament provoked the ire of 9/11 families, who are taking issue with the former president hosting the tournament over Saudi Arabia's alleged role in the September 11, 2001, terrorist attack, which claimed the lives of nearly 3,000 people.

"We simply cannot understand how you could agree to accept money from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's golf league to host their tournament at your golf course, and to do so in the shadows of ground zero in New Jersey, which lost over 700 residents during the attacks," the group, 9/11 Justice, wrote in a letter, which was first reported by The New York Times, to Trump on Sunday.

wait a second, was it Trump that just visited MBS , fist bumped him and begged for oil?I dont think it was - those 911 families can shove it up their ass.

railbird

EOG Master
pga is toast,, tiger is washed up, phil left, rory the faggot is a no draw. Dirtbag monahan dug his own grave

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Interesting defections:

Stenson, crying all the way to the bank, expected to get a $40M package from LIV. David Feherty bailing on NBC and joining the LIV media crew. Charles Barkley meeting to discuss LIV.

BTW, the Saudi investment fund is worth approximately $1.4 Trillion. I doubt they are sweating the LIV investment.

railbird

EOG Master
obamas climate change scam will have us going to high school football field to get lunch vouchers and transportation voucher.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Interesting defections:

Stenson, crying all the way to the bank, expected to get a $40M package from LIV. David Feherty bailing on NBC and joining the LIV media crew. Charles Barkley meeting to discuss LIV.

BTW, the Saudi investment fund is worth approximately $1.4 Trillion. I doubt they are sweating the LIV investment.
Yup, if the PGA had a brain they would pull back on everything, allow and welcome all players to play where and when they want, most guys want to play 20 weeks /year, maybe a few more. With the LIV locked in at 10-14 weeks max there is lots of calendar for those guys to play here and there on the PGA.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I called it early. Posted the PGA should be the "stand by their man" wifey and let them get their dicks wet. Will come back to the Tour fat and sassy. Instead they chose confrontation and you are going to lose if you get into a purse bidding war with those Arabs.
Bend the knee, PGA. You have already lost. You either bend the knee now or the Shark will break your knee.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Interesting defections:

Yes they can afford a big loss, but what baffles me is, what is the end game for them?
What’s the point? There is no way they will do anything other than lose a lot of money. What do they gain? Tournaments played in other countries?
Other pro leagues like the ABA & AFL merged into established leagues & are worth billions, the defunct St. Louis ABA team made a huge amount by agreeing to fold for a small % of the NBA’s tv contract, which turned into 💰💰 for doing nothing.
But what can the LIV become?

Yes they can afford a big loss, but what baffles me is, what is the end game for them?
What’s the point? There is no way they will do anything other than lose a lot of money. What do they gain? Tournaments played in other countries?
Other pro leagues like the ABA & AFL merged into established leagues & are worth billions, the defunct St. Louis ABA team made a huge amount by agreeing to fold for a small % of the NBA’s tv contract, which turned into 💰💰 for doing nothing.
its telling the corrupt media-dominated PGA to go fuck themselves. and its about time somebody did. and if if you don't get the point, well, you already said you were baffled.

mr merlin

EOG Master
as if all the other players aren't "in it for the money", lol.

maybe they're sick of the PGA forcing them into nonsense displays of millineal bullshit just to get a check, when they just want to play golf.
Many players said the PGA tour was underpaying purses and getting fabulously rich, then LIV shows up, starts getting defections, and all of a sudden the PGA came up with huge money - not quite LIV levels but close - where did that money come from?

Besides paying far more guaranteed money, the LIV tour doesn't require all the bullshit - like pro ams where they have to play with rich corporate newbs. Most players travel monday and have to do bullshit on Tues/wed - they're busy all week, On the LIV tour it's much less, practice if you want for a couple days and then a shorter 3 day tourny.

mr merlin

EOG Master
The end game is them making money, getting a TV deal, charging real admission prices, etc, obviously that's years away but you have to start somewhere.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
Image Restoration.

Political and to invest into more sports leagues.

a real objective is disconnecting their sport from the horrific social practices of the major networks that govern them, and yes, i'm talking about the silly major networks in the US.

i wouldn't want to be a slave to those clowns, demanding you take part in their fake outrage climate just to make a buck.

Last edited:

mr merlin

EOG Master
Image Restoration.

Political and to invest into more sports leagues.
I dont understand why they need image restoration, how many people are really upset about them killing that Kashoggi guy? I would say very, very few, they killed a meddling journalist, journalists are about the least respected people in the world(just a tick higher than politicians).

Journalists are the ones trying to create false tension everytime there's a golf tourney mixing players from both tours. Remember the US open a month ago - all kinds of ridiculous speculation that fans would heckle the Liv players, that it would get ugly, virtually none of that happened, nothing happened because most golf fans aren't obsessed with geopolitics or internal PGA tour drama for that matter.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I dont understand why they need image restoration, how many people are really upset about them killing that Kashoggi guy? I would say very, very few, they killed a meddling journalist, journalists are about the least respected people in the world(just a tick higher than politicians).

Journalists are the ones trying to create false tension everytime there's a golf tourney mixing players from both tours. Remember the US open a month ago - all kinds of ridiculous speculation that fans would heckle the Liv players, that it would get ugly, virtually none of that happened, nothing happened because most golf fans aren't obsessed with geopolitics or internal PGA tour drama for that matter.
I think the majority of the protesters are angry about the Saudis involvement with 9/11

Dell Dude

EOG Master
There is cognitive dissonance on 9/11. It is mostly agreed that the Saudis did it. Not only another war based on a lie (Iraq the other), good chance somebody committed treason. At be best, the Bush admin covered it up and launched a fake war. You can make the case that is treason. But no realization connection. Worried about some stupid selfish fucking golfers.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
The love affair between Lizard Cheney and the Democrats is sofa king gross. It shows none of these people have real convictions. They are all grifters. Lizard Cheney? Cheney? She's not the only neo con. They have all united with Democrats. Hello there, Bill Kristol.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I think the majority of the protesters are angry about the Saudis involvement with 9/11
Golfers, including tiger, rory and most other top players have been playing in the saudi tournaments(I believe they are european pga events) for years and years - they almost always get appearance money as well.

i never heard any criticism of tiger back when he was good for showing up there for $2 million up front, I'm sure Rory received a similar amount. So that was ok but 20 years later "how dare you take money from those killers"?

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I don't get it. LIV has only a handful of tournaments and 54 player tournaments consisting of 18 teams of 3. They already have 54 players. When they keep adding, don't they have to subtract?

mr merlin

EOG Master
I don't get it. LIV has only a handful of tournaments and 54 player tournaments consisting of 18 teams of 3. They already have 54 players. When they keep adding, don't they have to subtract?
Currently they start 48 players, so they have room for 6 more if they keep the shotgun start format.

However yes, they are currently subtracting players, I heard 5 players that played in the first 2 tournies are being Non started - they are the foreigners that no one ever heard of.

Not sure what's going on with Cam smith, reports are he was going to flip too, I'm guessing he's waiting for the end of the fed ex playoffs since he's currently 2nd and is in line for huge money if he finished well($10 million +)