LIV Golf

mr merlin

EOG Master
Tremendous LIV tourney yesterday - once again the big winner is Pat Perez, who happens to be on DJ's and reeds team and won again(4 in a row). pat has won $3 million in the team competition plus maybe $700K on his own by finishing near the bottom each week.

Perez was streaky golfer on the PGA tour who often failed to make cuts, his typical yearly earnings after grinding it out all year might be $1.3 million.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Reports of the Saudis paying Fox to televise their product…usually it is the other way around…
As long as they get on real TV, i would be willing to bet that LIV broadcasts will get better ratings than most shitty PGA non major tourneys.

Once they prove themselves the TV money will come. I did hear your report but then Greg norman denied it. Who knows what's true.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Travel too hard and missing family on the LIV players…Bangkok, Dubai, and then to the States….Maybe it was all about the money…

mr merlin

EOG Master
Travel too hard and missing family on the LIV players…Bangkok, Dubai, and then to the States….Maybe it was all about the money…
This is the grand finale, this is when it gets fun and the money gets big.

Just tuned in, it's on right now, it's already exciting.

mainstream US media getting fucked for thinking they had a monopoly and pushing wokism. they thought they were the only players with money, thought they had a monopoly, thought they could push their woke worldview on the world without consequence, and they are finding out otherwise.

FUCK NBC, CBS, ABC, & FOX. you can all fuck off and suck a huge dick.

mr merlin

EOG Master
presidents cup ratings in toilet, unwatchable, pga has nobody worth watching, they are toast
I've been mr golf for years, watch almost everything, even womans golf, since LIV I've cut way back on the PGA, prob watch 75% less. Bunch of nobodies, to me it's not a legitimate tourney if LIV guys cant play(if they wanted too).

Remember - LIV is not banning anyone, it's the PGA that is doing the banning and stirring up the entire sport.

boston massacre

EOG Master
I've been mr golf for years, watch almost everything, even womans golf, since LIV I've cut way back on the PGA, prob watch 75% less. Bunch of nobodies, to me it's not a legitimate tourney if LIV guys cant play(if they wanted too).

Remember - LIV is not banning anyone, it's the PGA that is doing the banning and stirring up the entire sport.

Upset With LIV.

For Stealing Their Thunder.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I watch golf everyday….just not LIV….
I'll tell you what, you can try watching it in secret and never admit it. That way your anti LIV golf personna can stay intact.

Sereiously, just give it a try. The announcers are better, it's more fun, it's a better product right now.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I'll tell you what, you can try watching it in secret and never admit it. That way your anti LIV golf personna can stay intact.

Sereiously, just give it a try. The announcers are better, it's more fun, it's a better product right now.
It is not a better product…54 hole tournaments are exhibitions…80% of the LIV players are past their prime…Dustin Johnson and Cam Smith are the only real stars….getting paid well for those finishing in the bottom ten is not good for competition….Some of the players from LIV only care about the team competition….all about the Benjamins….has nothing to do with travel woes or not seeing their loved ones….I hate seeing the Ryder Cup getting negative vibes….

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Whiners like Sergio, Westwood, and Reed can go fuk themselves…Sergio has one bad round and withdraws from competition because of a fake injury to attend a football game the next day…when is the last time DeChambeau won anything? Most of these LIV players want the world given to them…

mr merlin

EOG Master
It is not a better product…54 hole tournaments are exhibitions…80% of the LIV players are past their prime…Dustin Johnson and Cam Smith are the only real stars….getting paid well for those finishing in the bottom ten is not good for competition….Some of the players from LIV only care about the team competition….all about the Benjamins….has nothing to do with travel woes or not seeing their loved ones….I hate seeing the Ryder Cup getting negative vibes….
Reed, dechambeau, nieman, ancer, wolff, are all big stars and in their prime or rising. then you have the gooches,even sergio, oozy, stenson, all interesting players.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I probably would watch if they could get a decent TV contract but head to head give me the PGA telecasts all the time…

mr merlin

EOG Master
Whiners like Sergio, Westwood, and Reed can go fuk themselves…Sergio has one bad round and withdraws from competition because of a fake injury to attend a football game the next day…when is the last time DeChambeau won anything? Most of these LIV players want the world given to them…
Lot of anger there, while i agree that a lot of the LIV guys have grudges(possibly legitimate), you seem fixated on the money, the PGA tour has been ripping them off for years and it finally came out - the huge money jumps they announced are proof of that.

Now you might say..."they're a business and can run it how they want" but they are a considered to be a non profit charity, they're not supposed to hoard money for the commisoners benefit.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I give the LIV two more years…the Saudis will get tired pumping in all this cash and getting nothing in return…then what happens to these players….

railbird

EOG Master
pga only has brit dirtbag rory. and slow play spieth, hard pass

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Would have loved to see Smith, Ancer, and Neman play in the President’s Cup….the Internationals might have won if they played…

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
Having two leagues is diluting the product,making both leagues unwatchable. Imagine Brady and Mahomes and a few others forming another league.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Having two leagues is diluting the product,making both leagues unwatchable. Imagine Brady and Mahomes and a few others forming another league.
It doesn't have to be that way - they could easily coexist. LIV is only going to play 14-15 weeks, many guys would like to play 20 +, If the PGA tour would drop their suspensions there would prob be 5-10 LIV guys playing every PGA tourney of importance.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
It doesn't have to be that way - they could easily coexist. LIV is only going to play 14-15 weeks, many guys would like to play 20 +, If the PGA tour would drop their suspensions there would prob be 5-10 LIV guys playing every PGA tourney of importance.
Double-Dippers….they want the Saudi money and they want the prestige and glory of competing in majors….

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

It is almost noon here in Thailand and local TV has stolen the feed to televise the tournament…I enjoy listening to David F because I have always been a fan…rests of the announcers are bland….most of the players are wearing shorts which is understandable here in Thailand…

mr merlin

EOG Master
Watched maybe the first 90 min and went to bed, there's no comparison to the sad sack PGA - LIV has all big names you either like or hate, interesting characters who you know. Try watching the shriners event in vegas this week, nothing but a bunch of dull nobodies, I cant watch more than 15 min of that crap.

Very unfortunate that brendan grace had to drop out, he was 1 off the lead I think, that'll be expensive.

Look at this crap leaderboard in vegas, phew.

1665237017850.png
1665237049646.png