Living in Miami like a sitting duck...

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
while I am thankful that I have never experienced a hurricane like Katrina (even Andrew was not on that level), I am getting sick and tired of of Hurricane season...I have lived here for 16 yrs, and every season it seems worse...now back to the process of the shutters, and the food stocking and all that type of sh*t..i am thankful we have fair warningin a hurricane, and have time to prepare, but I cant help but be upset..sorry for the rant guys...:smoke

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
JJ...I spent my childhood in Jersey..lived in Paramus and Ft. Lee untill I was 10....

X..I might have to..I cant stand this place no more..

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
BettingProphets said:
we can do an exchange I will go there you come here (Ontario CANADA)
lol...done deal...I love the idea of cold winters, lax weed laws, and living near Xpanda...:+excited-

X

xpanda

Lawrence said:
lol...done deal...I love the idea of cold winters, lax weed laws, and living near Xpanda...

Wait until after winter, then move here. I'm buying a house in the spring, will have lots of room.

BP believe me I would be in bed with Panda within 2 days if I stayed there.

Us East Coasters move fast in and out of the bedroom.

We know what to do

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
I remember a while back Californians's took a shot at Floridian's saying how stupid we were to live here because of all the hurricanes.

Our response was basically, "At least we get warnings well in advance when hurricane's are a threat, you get no warnings when those freakin Earthquakes rock your world!"

So who's the stupid one's now?!:D

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
Say it aint so lawrence tell me ur not goin to the big o. what will your mom say?will she say :nono or will she say :+waving-5 ?lol

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
Bettor days said:
Say it aint so lawrence tell me ur not goin to the big o. what will your mom say?will she say :nono or will she say :+waving-5 ?lol
:+signs1-6 ...side note, give me a call Bettor...

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I think we are all in hot spots. It is a matter of time before little old midwest gets a big earthquake also or Yellowstone is due to blow as well which could eliminate much of the US population.

X

xpanda

Lawrence said:
ahem..I believe the offer was towards me..thank you very much

Yes, it was. You would always be welcome at my house ... plus I might need you to kick JJ out for me.

:D

kidslick

EOG Dedicated
back in 92 with andrew (hurricane) i went to visit my parents estate's, rental's whatever the hell they are.
i saw a piece of 2 by 4 that went through a tree , and you can see it on both sides
this was in miami (kendall i believe)
it was unreal..

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
dont wanna jump the gun but looks like shes gonna squeeze right in between us and los cubanos. time to start worrying about the gulf coast this is the last thing they need right now.

kidslick

EOG Dedicated
jjgold said:
Tony still a little early yet

We have to wait

jj when a hurricane is in the gulf waters the % of it increasing it wind speed is a lock. the reason is the water temp is warm and that is what a hurricane feeds on

i wish i was wrong but i believe this will be just as strong as katrina

kidslick

EOG Dedicated
this one is stronger than katrina

<!--StartFragment -->

TNT63 KNHC 211807TCUAT3HURRICANE RITA TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATENWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL215 PM EDT WED SEP 21 2005DATA FROM RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT INDICATE THAT RITA HAS INTENSIFIEDA LITTLE MORE AND WINDS HAVE REACHED 150 MPH WINDS WITH A MINIMUMPRESSURE OF 920 MB. THIS MAKES RITA A STRONG CATEGORY FOURHURRICANE. FORECASTER AVILA </PRE>