Load management

MrTop

EOG Master
Hold on. 13-Klaws is playing tonight so they are on a B2B and he chose to sit out a game against Giannis? Why not play and then sit out the B2B and get even more rest for the next game. He's a weird dude.

P.S. LBJ is Iron Man.

Leonard did not play last night.... leonard plays for the L.A. Clippers

i have no idea who claws is... i do not follow nicknames... i hardly know first names

Leagues should stop putting nick names on back of uniforms

ESPN should stop using nicknames so casual fans know who they are

all my opinion

kane

EOG master
Leonard did not play last night.... leonard plays for the L.A. Clippers

i have no idea who claws is... i do not follow nicknames... i hardly know first names

Leagues should stop putting nick names on back of uniforms

ESPN should stop using nicknames so casual fans know who they are

all my opinion

Leonard's nickname is "the claw" due to his extremely large hands, and PG's jersey number is 13

kane

EOG master
Never dull. Giannis clanks the 2nd of 2 free throws with 0.5 seconds left. Clippers cover 5.5 to 6.5.

I had 6 with the Clips, of course they just had to foul with 0.5 of a second remaining down 4, I had a feeling Giannis might miss one though, even though he was shooting them good last night, he's not a good free throw shooter, and with the game no longer in doubt, I was hoping his concentration at the line wouldn't be there. I hate watching games that come down to the last possession, I swear the stress takes years off my life

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Can we get a glossary of all of the NBA player nicknames? I’ve never heard of 13 claws.

It's "13-Klaws"

NBA Nickname Glossary:

1. The CaruShow
2. Capt. America
3.. The Cartoon
4. The Clipper Killer
5. Alexander The Great

Answer: Alex Caruso

Heim

EOG Master
Nobody says anything about Gurley going from over 300 carries to under 200.....In the NBA it's the bubonic plague.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Nobody says anything about Gurley going from over 300 carries to under 200.....In the NBA it's the bubonic plague.
A very similar career was Shawn Alexander. Just fell off the cliff after a season of heavy usage.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I almost fell off my chair the other day when LeBron said "if I ain't hurt I'm playing".

He is historically great on B2B's and what's interesting is that Kawhi has played 9 seasons, 587games (inlcuding playoffs) and the most minutes he has ever averaged per game is 34 while LBJ has played 17 seasons, 1,448 games (inlcuding playoffs) and the mininum minutes he ever averaged is 35 (this year).

LBJ has played 2.5 times more career games than Kawhi, much more minutes per game (~8-mins) and he's dunking like Zion on a B2B.

The best ability is availability.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Don't get me wrong, I want LBJ Load Managed but I figure he know's his body best so he'll rest when he needs to; at least I hope. This Kawhi shit is a little out of control; if you're really hurt, then take time off and get well.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Then sit out and let it heal instead of playing on it. This is more ridiculous than LBJ claiming he played w/ a Broken hand games 2-4 in the Finals and that was preposterous.

His hand was certainly compromised but wasn't fucking broken and the moron shouldn't be hitting whiteboards after a bad loss; no one to blame but himself.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I hope it costs the Clippers home court during the playoffs....

I don't like their coaches (T-Lue is on the staff and trolled me for years) or their culture; PG13 fucked over and publically humiliated Doc;s daughter and Kawhi is clearly a Primaddonna. Kawhi is the only guy in the LG who could benefit from playing 2 out of 3 games?

While Beverely is my 4th favorite player, that isn't enough for me to pull for them.

I want, "I can't Believe it's not Butter,"....ooops, I meant to say, "I can't believe it's not Kawhi," fully fit for the ass-kicking he's going to get.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
bad knee.. why make it worse by playing at all ?

That's my entire point. If you think this guy is playing on a bad knee, you're crazy. He's the last guy that would do it and he's proven it. The Cottonellle King is being Load Managed. Like I said, whatever, they can do what they want but missing 3 out of first 10 is ridiculous. If his knee was that bad, he wouldn't be playing at all.

MrTop

EOG Master
That's my entire point. If you think this guy is playing on a bad knee, you're crazy. He's the last guy that would do it and he's proven it. The Cottonellle King is being Load Managed. Like I said, whatever, they can do what they want but missing 3 out of first 10 is ridiculous. If his knee was that bad, he wouldn't be playing at all.

but they don't have him injured so he is playing the next game and they won't push the minor injury... this is not the playoffs. This is how the NBA is done now not just with leonard but everyone.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
but they don't have him injured so he is playing the next game and they won't push the minor injury... this is not the playoffs. This is how the NBA is done now not just with leonard but everyone.

I Can't Believe it's Not Kawhi is a special case; all these dudes play w/ knocks. Why isn't LBJ sitting out B2B's then; he has thousands upon thousands more miles on his body.

Valuist

EOG Master
Teams in the second of back to backs are over 60% ATS this season. You look at the box scores, and starters now rarely play more than 30 minutes if they are in the first of a back to back. Bettors are still viewing the no rest as a negative, but players aren't playing to exhaustion.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I Can't Believe it's Not Kawhi is a special case; all these dudes play w/ knocks. Why isn't LBJ sitting out B2B's then; he has thousands upon thousands more miles on his body.
You know it's one thing unless you're clearly suffering from an injury to be labeled a DNP. And even in a rare sense of B2B's to rest a few games divided throughout the season. But most of this is done inside the last 6-8 games of the season, especially on the last day or if your playoff date or seeding is sealed. If you're healthy there's no reason not to be in there not even a month in.