Looking For a $250,000 Year Job in Fabulous Las Vegas?

Well then, my little handicappers, start watching the Las Vegas Review-Journal Sunday classifieds.

The time is growing near. Football season approaches.

As they do every year, the ads will start appearing.

Of, course, I'm talking about the Root and Feist ads looking for guys who just like to talk sports with people, by golly. Come work for them. Sell next Sunday's game to anybody who will listen. Smile and dial.

You have to wonder if such jobs pay over 200K, why there would ever be any staff turnover and the consequent need for these ads every year.

Re: Looking For a $250,000 Year Job in Fabulous Las Vegas?

After Root and Feist take their cut, I'd say the boiler room sales rep guy would be lucky to make $25,000 and nowhere near $250,000. But I have to say it's definitely on my list oh "jobs I'd like to do for a year" just to see what it's like and how nieve the people on the other end of the phones are.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Did all the Vacuum salesman jobs dry up? To much marble in that town.

JJ - My friend got a full-time dealers gig at the new Encore. What do you think that will pay, $100,000 the first year?

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

And here I thought it would be for a call-girl....!

Well then, my little handicappers, start watching the Las Vegas Review-Journal Sunday classifieds.

The time is growing near. Football season approaches.

As they do every year, the ads will start appearing.

Of, course, I'm talking about the Root and Feist ads looking for guys who just like to talk sports with people, by golly. Come work for them. Sell next Sunday's game to anybody who will listen. Smile and dial.

You have to wonder if such jobs pay over 200K, why there would ever be any staff turnover and the consequent need for these ads every year.

There will be 10% who make over $150k. There will be 30% who make 50-150k and will be back another year. The remaining 60% won't cut it and will be gone. As for why there is a constant need, every hard sales organization is always looking for new stars. And a good hard core sales guy can always find a new position with new challenges. Many of the guys who make a lot of money reach a point where they realize they have worn through too many customers and need to move onto something else. This applies to just about anything.

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

I tried selling for Feist once and it really sucked. You sit in a room where loud rock music is being played while you're trying to talk on the phone. Must be they don't want the potential customer to hear what the guy next to you is saying.

I tried selling for Feist once and it really sucked. You sit in a room where loud rock music is being played while you're trying to talk on the phone. Must be they don't want the potential customer to hear what the guy next to you is saying.

Yeah, must be because the guy next to them is giving out the other side of the same game.

:+textinb3

RageWizard

EOG Senior Member

I hear Sigfried and Roy have an add out for a lion fluffer so they can have happy cats for the show.