Looks like Kawhi is 10 points better than DeRozan

railbird

EOG Master
DeRozan is from Compton, Kawhi's father owned a car wash in Compton, and was shot dead at the car wash.

Last edited by a moderator:

railbird

EOG Master
Mater Dei beat DeRozan's Compton team in 2009 CIF semis, they lost to Kawhi's Riverside King team in the finals.

railbird

EOG Master
If Lakers got Kawhi instead of LeBron. they would not be 0-3.

Heim

EOG Master
DeRozan looked good last night. He's adapted well to Pop's style. I think I was wrong about them not being a playoff team.

Heim

EOG Master
my lakers miss playoff bet ay +375 looking good

Look who they've played, all playoff teams, yet still there with a chance to win all three late. It's not easy playing with LeBron. 5 preseason
and 3 regular season games not enough time to see who fits.

kane

EOG master
Look who they've played, all playoff teams, yet still there with a chance to win all three late. It's not easy playing with LeBron. 5 preseason
and 3 regular season games not enough time to see who fits.
This whole season is a throwaway for them, this season is all about finding which of their guys can play with LeBron and which ones can't, next year they'll be in position to add a guy to pair with LeBron and the team will look much different than this year

kane

EOG master
LeBron turns 34 in december

he might have a year left... this could be it at the high level
The guy's a genetic freak, most athletes at his age are either retired or on their last legs, LeBron has shown a little slippage the past year or two, but he's still able to play at an extremely high level and probably has another few years left before father time catches him

kane

EOG master
LeBron going to LA was less about playing for the Lakers, and more about setting himself up for life after basketball

MrTop

EOG Master
the end of next basketball year 2020 june 35 y/o once he loses speed he wont be the same

2020 wont be as good.

railbird

EOG Master
The guy's a genetic freak, most athletes at his age are either retired or on their last legs, LeBron has shown a little slippage the past year or two, but he's still able to play at an extremely high level and probably has another few years left before father time catches him
most of LA hates his guts, not many players want to play with him including Kawhi

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

LeBron Raymone James is the best player in basketball, you guys can annoint a new guy every 2 weeks but ain't a damn thing changed. Kashiw 10-pts better than Derozan? Well LBJ has probably had about 7 to 8 better playoff runs than Kawhi just had and his last one, last year, was arguably his best (according to VORP, the best ever).

railbird

EOG Master
LeBron Raymone James is the best player in basketball, you guys can annoint a new guy every 2 weeks but ain't a damn thing changed. Kashiw 10-pts better than Derozan? Well LBJ has probably had about 7 to 8 better playoff runs than Kawhi just had and his last one, last year, was arguably his best (according to VORP, the best ever).

When Kawhi met Lebron in Finals, Kawhi had ownership on him. made james basically disappear

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
When Kawhi met Lebron in Finals, Kawhi had ownership on him. made james basically disappear

LOL. The year Kawhi won his faux Finals MVP? LBJ deserved that but it was tough to give it to him because I think the series went 5?

Kawhi played like 70 fucking games in 2 years and LBJ played 100+ on AVG for 8 years and had a Playoff run Kawhi could only dream of at the end of it. I literally just checks, LBJ, at least by VORP standards, had 7 better playoff runs than Kawhi's most recent... Who's the best?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
LOL. The year Kawhi won his faux Finals MVP? LBJ deserved that but it was tough to give it to him because I think the series went 5?

Kawhi played like 70 fucking games in 2 years and LBJ played 100+ on AVG for 8 years and had a Playoff run Kawhi could only dream of at the end of it. I literally just checks, LBJ, at least by VORP standards, had 7 better playoff runs than Kawhi's most recent... Who's the best?

Fuck the numbers. I saw him play, he ain't LBJ, he just isn't. If he was, I would Christen him, "Kawhi the Usurper," but I can't in good conscience do that because it's not true, at least to my eyes and mind.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The friendship between Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan may have held back Toronto.

Bringing in no-nonsense Kawhi and a head coach who understands the game was the winning recipe for the Raptors.

Kawhi 10 points better than DeMar DeRozan?

Birdie always like to exaggerate to make his point.

Birdie will shoot back, "Okay, Kawhi is 9.5 points better than DeMar DeRozan."

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Fuck the numbers. I saw him play, he ain't LBJ, he just isn't. If he was, I would Christen him, "Kawhi the Usurper," but I can't in good conscience do that because it's not true, at least to my eyes and mind.

"Kawhi the Usurper" does not roll off the tongue well.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Interesting to note: Kawhi's Raptors were 58-24 during the regular season while DeMar's Raptors in the 2017-18 season were 59-23.

Against the spread, Kawhi's team was only 38-44 while DeMar's last squad was 44-38.

Point differential: Kawhi's team was +6.0; DeMar's team was 7.8.

kane

EOG master
Interesting to note: Kawhi's Raptors were 58-24 during the regular season while DeMar's Raptors in the 2017-18 season were 59-23.

Against the spread, Kawhi's team was only 38-44 while DeMar's last squad was 44-38.

Point differential: Kawhi's team was +6.0; DeMar's team was 7.8.

Kahwi wasn't brought in to improve their regular season record, he was brought in to do exactly what he did, dominate in the playoffs and lead them to a title, of course the GOAT heading West helped the Raptors plan. Nothing against DeRozan, he's a good player, but he's nowhere close to the player Kawhi is. That last second shot he hit against Philly will go down as the greatest and most important shot in Raptors history