LSU vs Clemson replay booth

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Yeah bad decision by the ncaa. Bad football teams in that conference as well as awful officials that obviously can't keep up with real speed ncaa football. Guessing this is the last time they do that. even though it will be tempting every year because they will be the most neutral being they won't have a team in the game.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Long replay reviews, added commercial breaks and a 26-minute halftime break make for a very long night.

bmiller

EOG Addicted
anyone see the unnecessary roughness call a LSU DB taking a shot to the back of a defenseless Clemson WR in the 2nd quarter completely ignored? seemed like the turning point of that game

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
The speed of the game in this situation almost makes it appear that adding officials is the way to go.

from what I have learned in basketball officiating you want to be in a situation where you aren't moving or get to a spot to see the action with "quiet eyes" which means that your head isn't moving during the action to be able to see things clearly. sounds stupid but it is something that works.

in football, with pass interference calls you are going to have officials running full speed yet trying to interrupt what is legal contact, what is illegal, and who it is on.

that pass interference on clemson in what would have been a touchdown was just awful. even the replay dude, who was defending those guys all night, gave an explanation that was almost him saying "I don't know what they saw".

in slow motion you see a jersey pull...by both players. But the fact that the LSU defender wasn't athletic enough or strong enough to hold his balance it made things appear that the clemson WR gained an advantage from this play when in reality he lost his balance and fell.

10 or 11 man officiating crews are what is needed to take in everything that is happening. but that will never happen because where is the money going to come from #gambling #sportsbetting #milliondollarbuyouts

Reactions: E$

Blackcloud

EOG Dedicated
The speed of the game in this situation almost makes it appear that adding officials is the way to go.

from what I have learned in basketball officiating you want to be in a situation where you aren't moving or get to a spot to see the action with "quiet eyes" which means that your head isn't moving during the action to be able to see things clearly. sounds stupid but it is something that works.

in football, with pass interference calls you are going to have officials running full speed yet trying to interrupt what is legal contact, what is illegal, and who it is on.

that pass interference on clemson in what would have been a touchdown was just awful. even the replay dude, who was defending those guys all night, gave an explanation that was almost him saying "I don't know what they saw".

in slow motion you see a jersey pull...by both players. But the fact that the LSU defender wasn't athletic enough or strong enough to hold his balance it made things appear that the clemson WR gained an advantage from this play when in reality he lost his balance and fell.

10 or 11 man officiating crews are what is needed to take in everything that is happening. but that will never happen because where is the money going to come from #gambling #sportsbetting #milliondollarbuyouts

I did not care for the offensive pass interference call. Although at full speed it did appear that was the case. When they slowed it down you could tell bother players were engaged in the contact. When that happens its generally a no call.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Plus why say its starts at 8 eastern when actual kickoff time is always 8:20

I mean, I know that by now, but it used to piss me off

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
If you stick your head in a lion's mouth you have no one but yourself to blame when he chomps down and bites off your head. You got the expected result.

Same thing here..............you hire Officials from the worst "Power 5" Conf out there you can't expect great results