Luis Valbuena and Jose Castillo dead

RIP

As a guy who has been driving (on a scooter)/riding around in the Philippines a bit recently..... driving in 3rd world countries is no joke.

Yesterday I was taking a bus for like 2 hours and some kids chucked a huge ass stick at the bus that could of really messed it up if thrown at the right time/placement.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Travel safely, Ink.

Here in Costa Rica, there are many young men limping around on crutches.

One local wiseguy told me, "Those aren't soccer injuries, those are usually victims of motorcycle accidents."

He later said, "When someone dies on the street in a motorcycle accident, they place a white sheet over him for a couple of hours before the coroner's office arrives."

#LocoMotorists

Last edited:

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I have lived in Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, and Thailand....these countries have relaxed driving laws and travel on roads with three lanes that are meant for two lanes...the motorcycle and motorbike traffic incredibly travel in both directions on one way streets....and more than 60% of the time alcohol is involved....and most have no helmets

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Four people were arrested today with possessions of the two victims. It is believed that they rolled or threw rocks which disabled the car. Castillo and Valbuena were murdered and robbed.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thanks for your insight, VD.

Young daring men, alcohol and motorcycles are a lethal mix.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Four people were arrested today with possessions of the two victims. It is believed that they rolled or threw rocks which disabled the car. Castillo and Valbuena were murdered and robbed.

Not a car accident but murder.

Wow!

Welcome to Veneuela.

A lot of these third-world countries are good at solving crimes but lousy at stopping them.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Castillo seemed to have soooo much potential in his early Pirate days, but just didn't seem to work at it.

out of the middle of no where one year I recall he had an amazing Power display of something like a HR in 6 straight games and then went back to being an avg power player.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Castillo seemed to have soooo much potential in his early Pirate days, but just didn't seem to work at it.

out of the middle of no where one year I recall he had an amazing Power display of something like a HR in 6 straight games and then went back to being an avg power player.

Thanks for checking in, Chi_Archie.

Always appreciate your contributions.

I remember Valbuena's power surge.

I always want those type of players to pee in a bottle at the end of the week.

Remember the Cubs had a little second baseman (I think it was Darwin Barney) who went on a home-run hitting spree for a seven-day cycle (Get it, cycle).

Come to think of it, Valbuena and Barney were teammates with the Cubs.

yisman

EOG Master
Thanks for checking in, Chi_Archie.

Always appreciate your contributions.

I remember Valbuena's power surge.

I always want those type of players to pee in a bottle at the end of the week.

Remember the Cubs had a little second baseman (I think it was Darwin Barney) who went on a home-run hitting spree for a seven-day cycle (Get it, cycle).

Come to think of it, Valbuena and Barney were teammates with the Cubs.

You mean Castillo's surge?