Luke Walton

Heim

EOG Master
Magic gave Walton a vote of confidence prior to Toronto game, a kiss of death, doubt he makes it to All-Star game.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
In the 351 minutes LeBron James has been on the floor, the Lakers have a net rating of -4.8. Further, in the 134 minutes LeBron has been off the floor, the Lakers have a net rating of +6.7. Two players right below LeBron in terms of overall negative net rating when on on the floor are Kuzma (-5.6) and Lonzo (-8.6).

JFC, more silliness from this idiot. Do you ever post anything useful? Ever? Or is it all just blatant silliness?

What is this telling me? Translate this for me.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
28.8%. It wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't 2nd in attempts on the team with 52.

You and Mr. T are two of the bigger idiots here. They've played 10 fucking games, Klay Thompspn, before he went crazy that one night was shooting worse than that, I think. Stop w/ the Sample Size Insensitivity. You embarasss yourself; you're not trolling me.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
JFC, more silliness from this idiot. Do you ever post anything useful? Ever? Or is it all just blatant silliness?

What is this telling me? Translate this for me.
If LBJ is so dominant, why is he settling for 3’s? Doesn’t that make it easier to defend? If he were hitting them at a higher percentage, that’s a different story.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
If LBJ is so dominant, why is he settling for 3’s? Doesn’t that make it easier to defend? If he were hitting them at a higher percentage, that’s a different story.

What? They've played 10 fucking games and used more lineup combinations than anyone in the LG save Atlanta and mostly around LBJ. He's ~34 and playing in an extremely high paced environment. They need to adjust to each other; that's all that is going on, it's a continuity issue.

To my eye, the only thing you can criticize the guy on are his defensive rotations (He loves playing middle linebacker). Talking about his +/- or his net rating is silly as there is no context, they're experimenting on the fly w/ and around him. IMO, they could be 7-3 or at least 6-4; results just haven't fallen that way.

First year LBJ teams are notrious slow starters yet Magic acts like the sky is falling, Heim posts 10-game net ratigns for the guy on a brand new team, rumors are flying that Lue is coming to town; which will never fucking happen and if it does, LBJ and I are going to have a big fucking problem. He took his sideline reporter w/ him to LA and that is enough; Lue needs to stay far away.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

The implication of Heim's dumb-ass post is that the Lakers are a better team w/out LBJ and we all know that is not true. A 10-game sample? I've got a 1,000+ game sample that says he is the best +/- player that ever lived.

There are legitimatate critical points to be made about LBJ's present day game but that's not one of them. Criticise him fairly and let's have a mature conversation, otherwise it's going to devolve into name-calling because it's just dumb-ass attempts to troll that isn't educating anyone or increasing their knowledge of the game, etc....

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The implication of Heim's dumb-ass post is that the Lakers are a better team w/out LBJ and we all know that is not true. A 10-game sample? I've got a 1,000+ game sample that says he is the best +/- player that ever lived.

There are legitimatate critical points to be made about LBJ's present day game but that's not one of them. Criticise him fairly and let's have a mature conversation, otherwise it's going to devolve into name-calling because it's just dumb-ass attempts to troll that isn't educating anyone or increasing their knowledge of the game, etc....
I believe I critiqued him fairly. Not a fan of taking open 3’s because the D is giving him that shot. Why are they giving him that shot? Because they can’t stop him down low.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I believe I critiqued him fairly. Not a fan of taking open 3’s because the D is giving him that shot. Why are they giving him that shot? Because they can’t stop him down low.

My bad. I wasn't referring to you and you did.

As for your question, if he knew he wasn't going to make them, he obviously wouldn't take them. I have no issue w/ him taking open 3's as they will start falling at a higher clip. It's not the same feeling I get when Jeff Green was throwing them up in Clevelend and I was shouting, 'You're open there for a reason." If it gets to that point, we can revisit your point but for now, take what they give you, even if it is intentional.

railbird

EOG Master

they will be a much better ATS team. ATS is what matters.

railbird

EOG Master
Kawhai would have been a better fit for the Lakers, Kawhai is better than Lebron. But Kawhai doesn't play that social justice warrior game that magic was looking for.

Heim

EOG Master
Butler probable tonight yet LAL currently -6. Geez a lot of market love still for LBJ. Who's making these openers 'GameBred'??

Valuist

EOG Master
I thought Cleveland's numbers were about a point and a half too high last year. They had a terrible spread record; If you took off a point and a half from every one of their spreads, they were a little over .500 ATS.

King Felix

EOG Veteran
Because their starters arent very good and their bench has depth and talent. +/- and net rating are two of the dumbest stats in basketball.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Because their starters arent very good and their bench has depth and talent. +/- and net rating are two of the dumbest stats in basketball.
The players on the best teams will have the best +- ratings. It doesn’t show the real worth of Luc Longley on the 72-win bulls for example.

Heim

EOG Master
The Lonzo-Hart-Bron-Kuz-Javale lineup

OFFRTG - 108
DRTG - 99.1
NETRTG - 8.8

Used in 6 games and the 2nd most used lineup Luke has thrown out.

It’s by far been the most effective.

Heim

EOG Master
Chandler already paying off.....nice switch on Rose on potential game winning shot.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I'm thinking they lose to Bulls tonight he gone....

I haven't watched 1 game since LBJ went down but I do know they went from the 4th seed to tied for 8th since then.

I'm "meh" on Luke, from what I've seen, but this is coming from a guy who has had to deal w/ T-Lue for years so Medussa would like Cinderalla to me.

I would just like for one time in my life to see an LBJ team do anything w/out him, just anything at all; like beat the Cavs at home. Is that asking too much? I guess so. Heaven help us all.

Heim

EOG Master
Walton has a huge problem....he wasn't hired by this current regime. He might last the year then Magic will look
for his guy.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
LBJ and Rondo may both be back with the Lakers by the end of the week. Give in to the Dark Side, Bred. Watch a full game with the Goat sporting the purple and gold Jersey.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
LBJ and Rondo may both be back with the Lakers by the end of the week. Give in to the Dark Side, Bred. Watch a full game with the Goat sporting the purple and gold Jersey.

I've watched the majority of games that LBJ has played this year but haven't watched one without him... It's just not the same :)

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

I probably should have been watching so I could get a better feel for Luke but as long as T-Lue isn't moping around on the sidelines; it's good enough for me. Anyone but that Motherfucker, nice guy but Becky and I would have washed the East last year (no series goes more than 6).

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Isaiah Thomas was quoted as saying that Golden State is so good that even if LBJ got the Lakers in a strong groove they have little to no chance in playoffs. Demarcus Cousins now with Golden State?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Isaiah Thomas was quoted as saying that Golden State is so good that even if LBJ got the Lakers in a strong groove they have little to no chance in playoffs. Demarcus Cousins now with Golden State?

Yeah, their an All-Star team, literally. They start 5 All-stars. LBJ is fucked but don't tell me that; we defy augury. He was getting them in a groove before he we went down, they were a 4 seed and I projected them to be the 2nd best team in the West by Playoffs (not necessarily the second seed). They need to fling a stone 4x if they meet up w/ GS; there is a non-zero chance it happens and I'm banking on that.

kane

EOG master
My prediction is Walton lasts the season, then he gets replaced, interesting to see who gets the job next year

kane

EOG master
agree . Say he lost how many in a row with james & rondo back would it take to get let go ?

IMO, it makes no difference how many they would have to lose, I think he keeps his job until the season is over. This year wasn't about competing for a championship, it was about getting LeBron settled in LA, and figuring out which of the young guys are good enough to compete next year and in the future, LeBron needs another star to compete with GS, the current roster has zero chance to do that, they'll make a run at Anthony Davis, and if they don't get him, they'll go after a big time FA, firing Walton wouldn't do anything to help them this season anyway, next year they'll get a running mate for LeBron and a coach who can lead them

kane

EOG master
LeBron leaves Cleveland, and in those 4 years they had the worst record in the league, he goes back and they reach the finals every year, he leaves and they revert back to the garbage franchise they were before he got there as the worst team in the league. When he left I said they'd be a 30 win team, I was off by about 15 wins

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
LeBron leaves Cleveland, and in those 4 years they had the worst record in the league, he goes back and they reach the finals every year, he leaves and they revert back to the garbage franchise they were before he got there as the worst team in the league. When he left I said they'd be a 30 win team, I was off by about 15 wins

LMAO.